Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LukyDuck
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resized_Screenshot_20200124-220741_Facebook.jpg
    C094ABEE-6BB6-4F34-B0EE-01408B1E0EE9.jpeg
    20200112_091205.jpg
    81580235_2616979495087609_6014057312325468160_o (resized).jpg
    3-Topic-of-the-Town (resized).jpg
    33B62439-0657-4567-8B79-CE8FD3155201 (resized).jpeg
    0FAE0DC1-FE57-4745-9FA4-DE99B1193A14 (resized).jpeg
    F88D7C63-897B-40AC-AEF1-4AC928810CE7 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20200110_152251627 (1) (resized).jpg
    B34B9883-F1EC-43B6-B279-71E0F4599CE2 (resized).jpeg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    Kit (resized).jpg
    FA1FBB9A-7474-4EDE-8783-6C0B540CD33F (resized).jpeg
    There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 4 years ago

I’d definitely be a NIB buyer for a Rush pin. Think of all the characters and jokes and SONGS they could use. My fear is it would just become a ToM Sawyer / Limelight and-some-other-songs machine

#152 4 years ago

Last time I saw Rush perform Oct 1st 2010 in Tampa, FL. Time Machine Tour..
    Still can hear and visualize the greatness of all 3 together ...
    Neil had a lot of heartache along the way with the passing of his wife and then his daughter within 10 months of each other leaving him brokenhearted, searching for answers.
    I pray he finds them both and reunites with them in the astral plain, the grand scheme.... The only way I can even begin to find some comfort over this...Neil Peart, RIP GhostRider.

#153 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’d definitely be a NIB buyer for a Rush pin. Think of all the characters and jokes and SONGS they could use. My fear is it would just become a ToM Sawyer / Limelight and-some-other-songs machine

Unfortunately, yes it would be all the over played radio tunes but, you have to expect that.
    And yes I mentioned in another post , between artwork, music,vast array of characters they’ve used over the years , there is so much to use.
    I’m in for a LE The day they announce it.

#154 4 years ago

RIP.....the human race lost a good man....

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

These guys are like gods to us.
    When they pass, it really hurts.
    It's like part of us has died with them.
    The only consolation is that their artistic contributions will live on long after we're gone. The list gets longer and longer all the time. It's part of life and aging. Our idols fall, but for whom does the bell toll.
    Play it LOUD, and celebrate his life!

This puts it in perspective.

C094ABEE-6BB6-4F34-B0EE-01408B1E0EE9.jpegC094ABEE-6BB6-4F34-B0EE-01408B1E0EE9.jpeg
    #156 4 years ago

The football playoff telecasts this weekend have been using a lot of Rush clips heading out to commercial breaks (just now heard another one).

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This puts it in perspective.[quoted image]

Great quote. I feel that way about the whole classic rock era, actually.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Watching nfl good morning football and as they're going to a commercial panning around the studio i spotted this[quoted image]

They have been playing a lot of Rush in the cutaways to commercials in all the nfl playoff games this weekend.

Saw Rush in the Montreal forum in the early 80s...incredible soundscape coming from 3 musicians.

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Great quote. I feel that way about the whole classic rock era, actually.

I kinda feel that way about everything I like...most of it is every specific to this time of existence...music, entertainment, even food...

#160 4 years ago

I would like to think that everybody in the world was playing their Rush albums this weekend.

#161 4 years ago

Listing to tributes all weekend. Rivendell from Fly By Night, great versatility.

Sunlight dances through the leaves
    Soft winds stir the sighing trees
    Lying in the warm grass
    Feel the sun upon your face
    Elfin songs and endless nights
    Sweet wine and soft relaxing lights
    Time will never touch you
    Here in this enchanted place
    You feel there's something calling you
    You're wanting to return
    To where the misty mountains rise and friendly fires burn
    A place you can escape the world
    Where the dark Lord cannot go
    Peace of mind and sanctuary by loud water's flow
    I've traveled now for many miles
    It feels so good to see the smiles of
    Friends who never left your mind
    When you were far away
    From the golden light of coming dawn
    Till the twilight where the sun is gone
    We treasure ev'ry season
    And ev'ry passing day
    We feel the coming of a new day
    Darkness gives way to light a new way
    Stop here for a while until the world,
    The world calls you away
    Yet you know I've had the feeling
    Standing with my senses reeling
    This is the place to grow old till
    I reach my final day

#162 4 years ago

If any of you have Sirius/XM, the Deep Tracks station has been a Rush tribute all day. Not sure if it’s just for the weekend or longer...but it was nice for some convenient Rush while in the car today.

#164 4 years ago

Glad I got to see Rush once in 2010. Awesome show.

Watching the NFL playoffs this weekend, I've heard Limelight 3 times, Tom Sawyer once and Spirit of Radio just now in the bumper music. Can't be a coincidence.

#165 4 years ago

My favorite band. I was crushed when I heard the news. Seen them about 5 times starting with Grace Under Pressure. I'm very fortunate that the last show I saw was R40 and I shared it with my then 12 year old daughter.

#166 4 years ago

Saw them first for the Hold Your Fire tour and several times after. No better rock drummer in my opinion.

#167 4 years ago

How great would it be if stern did a machine with Neil pearts drum set rotating in the back center of the playfield? Drum solo multi ball!
    They could use the Batman mechanism.

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from J-drum11:

How great would it be if stern did a machine with Neil pearts drum set rotating in the back center of the playfield? Drum solo multi ball!
    They could use the Batman mechanism.

I like the idea of a drum solo multi ball and the drum set! Maybe, under the drum set, a Vuk kicks them out when it’s rotating!

#169 4 years ago

Other ideas:

1) Motorcycle trip mode
    2) Drop targets with Dirk, Lerxst, Pratt
    3) By-tor and the Snow Dog bash toys
    4) Syrinx ramps
    5) Red Barchetta hurry up
    6) Fly By Night owl battle
    7) Washing Machine multiball

#170 4 years ago

3 Ball Multiball (Hold Your Fire, Holy Triumvirate or something along those lines) that only will work with 3.
    Multiball ends after three drains. When first two balls drain they are auto saved back into play. After third drain flippers stop to bring balls back (Like TZ Lost In The Zone but without delay) puts one back in the plunger.

#171 4 years ago

3 ball multi-ball where you have to keep all 3 balls in play. like the 3 legs of a tripod, all 3 are required keep everything going. once you drain one ball, flippers go dead to drain the other 2, then 1 ball is returned to the shooter lane and auto-plunged to continue the pinball in whatever mode you were in before the 3 ball multi-ball started

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from DrDQ:

3 Ball Multiball (Hold Your Fire, Holy Triumvirate or something along those lines) that only will work with 3.
    Multiball ends after three drains. When first two balls drain they are auto saved back into play. After third drain flippers stop to bring balls back (Like TZ Lost In The Zone but without delay) puts one back in the plunger.

NICE!

#173 4 years ago

Brought tears to my eyes and so deeply deserved..Watching Rush react to this was so moving! God Bless!
    (In response to post #163)

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

Brought tears to my eyes and so deeply deserved..Watching Rush react to this was so moving!

Same.

#175 4 years ago

We are forgetting bout the Star man , and the
    Dragon. Rush has so many great characters , themes and music perfect for pinball !

#177 4 years ago

I would buy a Rush pin if someone would make it. In fact I would be one of the first in line. I think it would sell just as well as any of the other top music pins and I think it could be done better than the others.

#178 4 years ago

End of final concert closing video with all characters

#179 4 years ago

This is a really nice tribute written by some good friends of mine.

https://yourlastrites.com/2020/01/13/rip-neil-peart-1952-2020/

#180 4 years ago

Classic!!

QSS

#181 4 years ago

I'm surprised that no one has posted this. seems appropriate since sully erna wrote it in dedication to neil after ghost rider was published

from the wiki page:
    "The song was written by Godsmack frontman Sully Erna in tribute to one of his childhood heroes, Rush drummer Neil Peart. He wrote the song after reading the book Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road, penned by Peart about his motorcycle trip along the Pan-American Highway that he took to cope with the deaths of his daughter and wife one year apart from another."

#182 4 years ago

If anyone is interested, this is the link to listen or download the Eddie trunk interview on Sirius XM celebrating Neil Peart's life.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqehfzoojngucgp/EddieTrunk-SiriusXM_Volume_2020-01-13.mp3?dl=0

#183 4 years ago

Speaking of SiriusXM, not sure if this has been posted, Deep Tracks Ch 27 is now a Rush channel for the “near future” in tribute to Neil.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

Speaking of SiriusXM, not sure if this has been posted, Deep Tracks Ch 27 is now a Rush channel for the “near future” in tribute to Neil.

Sweet

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

Heard this morning Rush will be on SiriusXM Ch 27 until Monday morning. They’re playing some pretty insightful interviews with Neil.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I'm surprised that no one has posted this. seems appropriate since sully erna wrote it in dedication to neil after ghost rider was published

from the wiki page:
    "The song was written by Godsmack frontman Sully Erna in tribute to one of his childhood heroes, Rush drummer Neil Peart. He wrote the song after reading the book Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road, penned by Peart about his motorcycle trip along the Pan-American Highway that he took to cope with the deaths of his daughter and wife one year apart from another."

I read that on Blabbermouth yesterday. I will withhold my opinion of the song, but I do think it’s cool he wrote it.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

Heard this morning Rush will be on SiriusXM Ch 27 until Monday morning. They’re playing some pretty insightful interviews with Neil.

Damn it! Now you tell me! Interviews with Neil are so hard to find. I JUST found the print interview Mike Portnoy did with Neil in 2007, and on camera interviews are almost impossible. I’ve watched the George Stroumboulopoulos interview about 10times.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn it! Now you tell me! Interviews with Neil are so hard to find. I JUST found the print interview Mike Portnoy did with Neil in 2007, and on camera interviews are almost impossible. I’ve watched the George Stroumboulopoulos interview about 10times.

SiriusXM is replaying a lot of the songs/segments so I’m sure the 2 hour interview will be on again before Monday morning. I turned up the stereo volume and did a voice memo recording with my iPhone to save it. It sounds decent enough. Assume I can forward it to you if you don’t hear it.

1 week later
    #191 4 years ago

Resized_Screenshot_20200124-220741_Facebook.jpgResized_Screenshot_20200124-220741_Facebook.jpg

My brother is moving from his house on Pearl St. today.
    He sent me this.

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from rocketman:

SiriusXM is replaying a lot of the songs/segments so I’m sure the 2 hour interview will be on again before Monday morning. I turned up the stereo volume and did a voice memo recording with my iPhone to save it. It sounds decent enough. Assume I can forward it to you if you don’t hear it.

Thanks! I missed it but I am going to see if I can find it in the SiriusXM app; they usually have content back a few days. appreciate the recording if it comes to that!

#193 4 years ago

Currently SiriusXM Channel 717 is a limited edition Rush tribute channel.

#194 4 years ago

Broke out my Sector 1, 2, 3 box sets ... the 5.1 remixes by Rich Chycki are steller

4 weeks later
    #195 4 years ago

Primus has announced a concert with a full play through of farewell to kings.

I have my tickets already!

https://www.axs.com/primus-to-perform-rush-s-a-farewell-to-kings-during-2020-a-tribute-to--138897

#196 4 years ago

Xanadu by primus.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

Primus has announced a concert with a full play through of farewell to kings.
    I have my tickets already!
    https://www.axs.com/primus-to-perform-rush-s-a-farewell-to-kings-during-2020-a-tribute-to--138897

there was an internal debate in my band about this - 2 of the guys are in, 1 guy is not (that would be me). I'm curious how Les handles the vocals.

#198 4 years ago

I saw the wonka set performed twice. This is the reason I love music.

Primus is the only band that should even try this IMO.

(Play rush in their entirety)

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I saw the wonka set performed twice. This is the reason I love music.
    Primus is the only band that should even try this IMO.
    (Play rush in their entirety)

The wonka set?

... this version of Necromancer is not too shabby...

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

this version of Necromancer is not too shabby...

Not at all. Good post.

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-neil-pert/page/4?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.