Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

album (resized).jpg
    B16382C7-79BA-4A0D-A538-274328D7925A (resized).png
    20220121_151059 (resized).jpg
    277EC3C2-FB38-44AA-8C97-C6BDFCDFE156.gif
    E1D05638-6FAC-475C-9CF6-CE84ED782E3A.gif
    3C358A43-82A8-41F6-8921-062E236C50A7.gif
    05A3A4DB-42E5-4317-BBE1-F45B2A55EFD0.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #1 2 years ago

You'll always be Eddie to me.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/21/meat-loaf-bat-out-of-hell-singer-dead-at-74

Hogbog better get busy on that JJP Rocky Horror pin. The number of actors that are left to do callouts is dwindling...

#2 2 years ago

His name was Robert Paulson

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Haha. Everyone has a favorite. It's hard to pick just one. Bat out of Hell was great, too, but Rocky Horror rose above as a key part of my misspent youth.

#4 2 years ago

Damn, not long after Jim Steinman passed. The spectacle and enthusiasm they both bought to those songs is unrivaled. RIP, if the thrill is gone, then it's time to take it back!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from VanishingVision:

Damn, not long after Jim Steinman passed. The spectacle and enthusiasm they both bought to those songs is unrivaled. RIP, if the thrill is gone, then it's time to take it back!

Yeah, the two Bat out of Hell albums they did together (like 15+ years apart) were the ones that had the magic. Whether they wanted to be or not, they were a team.

#6 2 years ago

His name is Robert Paulson

#7 2 years ago

"Then like a sinner before the gates of Heaven, I'll come crawling on back to you..."

RIP Big guy

#8 2 years ago

Now maybe Gary will admit he stole Meat’s paint…

#9 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #10 2 years ago

Left before he could tell us what he wouldn't do for love. RIP

#11 2 years ago

Bat out of hell 2 dropped when I was in high school. I remember hearing I will do anything for love at the teen dances. That album exposed a new generation to meatloaf. I hadn’t heard all of the 1st album back to back before then, but I instantly loved it too.

#12 2 years ago

His name is Robert Paulson

#13 2 years ago

#14 2 years ago

Covid

#16 2 years ago

“I couldn't take it any longer
    Lord I was crazed
    And when the feeling came upon me
    Like a tidal wave
    I started swearing to my god and on my mother's grave
    That I would love you to the end of time
    I swore that I would love you to the end of time!
    So now I'm praying for the end of time
    To hurry up and arrive
    'Cause if I gotta spend another minute with you
    I don't think that I can really survive
    I'll never break my promise or forget my vow
    But God only knows what I can do right now
    I'm praying for the end of time
    It's all that I can do
    Praying for the end of time,
    So I can end my time with you!” - Meatloaf

#17 2 years ago

RIP

#18 2 years ago

The singer, whose real name is Marvin Lee Aday, was born in Dallas.

#19 2 years ago

TMZ is now reporting it was indeed Covid - for whatever that’s worth.

#20 2 years ago

RIP Meatloaf

#21 2 years ago

Since he wont be needing it anymore, I call that nickname.

#22 2 years ago

Geez, these keep hurting.

Paradise, and Bat out of hell were anthems for me, as I turned 18.
    I had moved back to NY, and Meatloaf was playing several shows.

I actually caught him playing pinball after a show, in Westbury Nathans.
    Years later, in New Haven, he would hang locally.

Just hearing the song and Phil Rizzuto conjures my memories of debating marriage.

RIP, your music and animated play on Paragon are sweet memories.

#23 2 years ago

RIP meatloaf

#24 2 years ago

Yes, Marvin Lee Aday was his real name. Shocked and saddened by this. One of the greatest debut albums ever. I told my wife to make a meatloaf tonight in his honor. R.I.P. Meat.

#25 2 years ago

Total bummer. No one could belt it out like the Loaf. RIP Marvin

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I told my wife to make a meatloaf tonight in his honor. R.I.P. Meat.

Sounds like a good way to honor him...

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Sounds like a good way to honor him...

I could put the backglass of my Gottlieb "Paradise" on the front seat and turn on the dashboard lights.

#28 2 years ago

277EC3C2-FB38-44AA-8C97-C6BDFCDFE156.gif277EC3C2-FB38-44AA-8C97-C6BDFCDFE156.gif
    05A3A4DB-42E5-4317-BBE1-F45B2A55EFD0.gif05A3A4DB-42E5-4317-BBE1-F45B2A55EFD0.gif
    3C358A43-82A8-41F6-8921-062E236C50A7.gif3C358A43-82A8-41F6-8921-062E236C50A7.gif

#29 2 years ago
    E1D05638-6FAC-475C-9CF6-CE84ED782E3A.gifE1D05638-6FAC-475C-9CF6-CE84ED782E3A.gif
    #30 2 years ago

Sad to hear :{ but Bat out of hell album is one of my favorite albums of all time, It will be remembered forever.
    Then like a sinner before the gates of Heaven I'll come crawling on back to you. Thanks Meatloaf for the great music

#31 2 years ago

His name is MEATLOAF

#32 2 years ago

I was never really a Meatloaf fan, but I did enjoy the acting roles he played over the years.

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

TMZ is now reporting it was indeed Covid - for whatever that’s worth.

Wow, that's even more terrible. What a day...

#34 2 years ago

What the heck this day is nuts first lyman and now this…literally picked up an arcade this morning driving home and paradise by the dashboard light was on.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

He died serving Project Mayhem, sir…

#36 2 years ago
    20220121_151059 (resized).jpg20220121_151059 (resized).jpg
    #37 2 years ago

Bat out of Hell would be a grail pin for me. The music and the artwork… to me they would make a great pinball.
    By the reactions I get when I say this I know it’s never going to happen even though he sold over 100M records. One day if I have the skill and means I might re-theme a Metallica, combining one of the best coded games with one of my favourite albums.
    Some may see this as crazy, but I’m not a Metallica fan and I can already see where some of the artwork and songs could be used.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:Yes, Marvin Lee Aday was his real name.

When stepping on his 8th Grade Coaches' foot, the Coach said. "Get off of my foot Meatloaf".
    Needless to say, the name stuck..

#39 2 years ago

Just watched Black Dog last week…sorry Road House fans but Black Dog is better….you get Meat Loaf and Swayze LOL! Always loved seeing Meat Loaf pop up in movies.

74 is a good run for him. He has had health issues for a long time I believe. Sad to hear this news.

#40 2 years ago

Bat Out Of Hell will always be a favorite album and song for me. Last time I saw him was about 4 years ago. We had front and center and he just wasn't himself. He was dripping with sweat before the first song even started and we didn't know if he would make it through the whole show. He did but like I said not really Meatloaf. Two weeks later he collapsed on stage and seemed to have been taking easier since then.

Have tickets at the local high school performing arts center for Meet Loaf in a few weeks. Really great place to see a show and supposedly this guy really nails it, I hope so.

Too many people leaving us.

#41 2 years ago
    B16382C7-79BA-4A0D-A538-274328D7925A (resized).pngB16382C7-79BA-4A0D-A538-274328D7925A (resized).png
    #42 2 years ago

Mr Paulson

#43 2 years ago

And I never see the sudden curve until it’s way too late…

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mopar:

When stepping on his 8th Grade Coaches' foot, the Coach said. "Get off of my foot Meatloaf".
    Needless to say, the name stuck..

Hah. Did not know that!

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from 7oxford:

Bat out of Hell would be a grail pin for me.

For whatever reason I don't have a single music pin in my collection, though I do like playing them on location. This would be one (and maybe Queen) that would make the grade. We (wife and I) still listen to this album on a regular basis, especially road trips, one of the few albums that doesn't had a bad song in the bunch.

"Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close, here's the throw, here's the play at the plate
    Holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"

album (resized).jpgalbum (resized).jpg
    #46 2 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

For whatever reason I don't have a single music pin in my collection, though I do like playing them on location. This would be one (and maybe Queen) that would make the grade. We (wife and I) still listen to this album on a regular basis, especially road trips, one of the few albums that doesn't had a bad song in the bunch.
    "Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close, here's the throw, here's the play at the plate
    Holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"
    [quoted image]

See if you can find the interview with Phil Rizzuto where he talks about taping this, hilarious. He had no idea how it was going to be used till after he maintaned.

He said nuns would give him dirty looks for years.

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

See if you can find the interview with Phil Rizzuto where he talks about taping this, hilarious. He had no idea how it was going to be used till after he maintaned.
    He said nuns would give him dirty looks for years.

That was such a crazy thing to throw into the middle of a song, but it works.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-meatloaf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.