(Topic ID: 289915)

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

By RWH

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    hag (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

Maybe add "Hagler" to the thread title?

Just to save any momentary confusion and alarm when silly people like me assume you are going to tell us that Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum is closing! I haven't made it over there yet!

Be fair, that would have fit in with the website, anyway.

I will forgo my opinion of "the sweet science."

Still, RIP Mr. Hagler.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from rockrand:

I thought Marvin’s Marvolus closed,wow

Yeah, OP thoughtfully refuses to add Hagler to the thread title as I suggested he might. Such a swell guy.

#29 3 years ago

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I said "momentary confusion and alarm," and I was not the only one to initially misinterpret.

In most cases, his last name was invoked along with that appellation.

This is a pinball board, ya know. If someone says Marvelous Marvin, they are more likely to think of Marvin's than of some aged boxer, unless maybe they had already learned of his passing.

And guess what? If you google Marvelous Marvin, it even asks at the bottom of the page if you were looking for MMMM.

Deliberately not making such a reasonable fix is, like I said, real swell.

#36 3 years ago

I apologize for the "swell" thing. For all I knew he hadn't noticed my request.

As for the original request, it was not unreasonable, garnering six upvotes to one down. Marvin's is coin op Mecca! You have to go at least once in your life. I thought everyone knew.

Try googling Marvelous Marvin -Hagler (which means exclude Hagler).
    https://www.google.com/search?q=marvelous+marvin+-hagler

Thanks for changing it, despite my sarcasm. Us old timers can take only so many jolts. I knew you could figure out how, unlike some!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-marvelous-marvin?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.