(Topic ID: 289915)

RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler

By RWH

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    hag (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

Wow...he was pretty young, and he got out of the game without taking any serious beatings in his old age. I wonder what happened.

Great fighter responsible for some of the best fights of the 80s. RIP Marv!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

My favorite era of boxing. Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran. There will probably never be another one like it.

Even the second-stringers were top notch...Paz, Boom Boom, Arguello, Czyz...kind of like the 90s heavyweight scene.

I kinda lost touch with boxing after that but still check in from time to time.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My favorite boxer growing up. I was so angry when he lost to Sugar Ray and if I remember right, was basically his last fight because I never heard anything more from him after that night. RIP Marvelous Marvin Hagler.

Marv indeed walked away from boxing after that fight. He moved to Italy and made low-budget action movies.

I've seen it and scored it and Sugar Ray won. No he didn't brawl but he got it done, stealing rounds at the end and avoiding getting slugged. He played it smart and he shocked the world and put Marv out to pasture!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Hagler was the last person I would want to be in a ring with. The best old school brawler of all time. Sugar Ray may have beat him in his dreams.

No I'm pretty sure it was no dream!

hag (resized).jpghag (resized).jpg
    #26 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

An awesome Closed Circuit TeeVee event. Back when you had to go to an event center and pay $40.00 to see it live or wait a week or two and see it replayed on HBO. No pay per view at home in thpse days.
    After the fight, a Detroit newspaper sportswriter coined a new nickname: Thomas "Hit Me" Hearns.

It’s a fun fight to watch but the sweet science it is not!

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Leonard was all flash and had no power to hurt Hagler. I kept waiting for that one punch that never happened.

Sometimes that gets it done!

See the four years of Ali's second Championship reign!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CrazyLevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-marvelous-marvin?tu=CrazyLevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.