5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by pinaholic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

50272 (resized).jpeg
51297 (resized).jpeg
51299 (resized).jpeg
PinballPalWebsite (2) (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

All,
Our friend
Mark Clayton (pinball Pal)
Passed away this early this morning after suffering a massive stroke this past Sunday evening. He was 63

Best Regards,
Kevin McHugh

#2 5 months ago

Terrible news.

My condolences to his family and friends.

LTG : (

#3 5 months ago

Well crap, that really sucks. Mark was always a great guy.

Sorry to hear this.

#5 5 months ago

Very sorry.

#6 5 months ago

That's terrible news. My sincere condolences to all of Mark's family and friends. May he rest in peace.

#7 5 months ago

Very sorry to hear this.

#8 5 months ago

Sorry to hear it...RIP

#9 5 months ago

RIP, our pinball pal.

#10 5 months ago

RIP Mark.

I know your great collection of oddities and rare stuff will continue to be enjoyed. Like your old Mac Attack that went to a good home!

It was a rough 10 years for Mark but having guys like Kevin from Classic helping take care of him and his affairs really showed the value of having good friends.

Coolpinballdino

#11 5 months ago

So sad to hear this Mark was one of the good guys.

#12 5 months ago

Sorry - Good pinball guy.

#14 5 months ago

Sad news, Rest in Peace Mark - he stepped up and bought the Monopoly Boardwalk Platinum Game in November 2001 that benefited a Charity for $6,500 which was a massive amount to bid on eBay in 2001 for a NIB Pinball Machine, sorry he is gone. Life is too short, focus on family and the good things, always.

Peace, Jack

#15 5 months ago

So sad. Condolences to the family. RIP Mark.

#16 5 months ago

So sorry to hear. Way too young.

#17 5 months ago

A longtime fixture and one of the good guys in pinball, sorry to hear. RIP Mark.

#18 5 months ago

Very sorry to hear this. RIP

#19 5 months ago

Sad news. Mark was great. One of the first to make cabinet stencils available to the community.
I remember what a huge help he was in my Krull project. Couldn’t have pulled it off without him.
RIP Mark.

#20 5 months ago

Such sad news, thanks for letting us know.

#21 5 months ago

Mark was a huge asset to the hobby and a good dude. I’ve missed him at shows for the last few years. Kevin also was an amazing friend to him after his initial ailment. We should all be so lucky. I’ve got a Taxi I bought from him at York many moons ago and snapped a pic of my son sleeping on it on the way home which is a favorite picture of mine. The game is special to me as well as it was Mark’s. Stencils, 8 track tapes for gun games, etc. he made a lot of products you couldn’t get - will be sadly missed.
Joe

#22 5 months ago

Ah man, that sucks. I remember hearing years ago how he had stop running the business due to what I guess was the first stroke, which was right around the time I was really heavily starting to buy and sell games.

#23 5 months ago

This is incredibly sad to hear. This is a loss for the pinball community. May his family find peace and comfort during this trying time.

Chris

#24 5 months ago

So sorry to hear, condolences to his family and friends. RIP Mark

#25 5 months ago

Sad to hear this. I still have a few bits left from my old orders and some of the removable film on my games.

Seems like his work will live on in a lot of collections, mine included.

#26 5 months ago

Condolences to the family.

RIP Mark.

#27 5 months ago

So sorry to hear this. One of the early vendors making stuff that really helped grow pinball collecting as a hobby and a great guy. He will be missed.....

#28 5 months ago

Such sad news. Mark suffered so much for a number of years now. May he rest in peace. The pinball community will be forever grateful for the many ways he contributed.

#29 5 months ago

Another one of the good guys is gone.
Rest in peace Mark.

#30 5 months ago

Rest in Peace

#31 5 months ago

That’s awful

I have bought from him numerous times

Always a pleasant experience

Rest In Peace

#32 5 months ago

RIP Mark. His products were excellent and I was sad to hear of his earlier stroke. Many of my machines still rocking his protectors.

#33 5 months ago

Wow so sad! I still have 2 sheets of his removable PF Mylar protectors.....can’t find it anymore.
R.I.P. mr Pinball Pal

#34 5 months ago

Wow, that's terrible news. So sorry to hear this one.

#35 5 months ago

Sorry to hear. Rest In Peace

#36 5 months ago

Some of the great stuff I saw from Mark's collection over the past few years:

Hankin Empire Strikes Back
NIB Chicago Coin Soundstage EM
Mr. Game Mac Attack
Sexy Girl

#37 5 months ago

Mark was so darn helpful via RGP. He helped me with a few pin issues and with my Midway Gangbusters. And he sold me a new 8-track tape for it, back in 2010. Just so helpful. Definitely a Pinball Pal.

RIP Mark.

#38 5 months ago

Sure hate to see this. I don't know Mark personally but he was a very nice guy seemed like.

R.I.P Mark

#39 5 months ago

Sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Mark, and condolences to family.

#40 5 months ago

RIP dearest Mark, and my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

#41 5 months ago

Saddened to read this. Mark was a great friend and extremely brilliant. He shared so much information/education with me and we had great times hanging out at his warehouse of games/oddities/and just plain-ol’-fun.

Rest In Peace Mark.

#42 5 months ago

RIP Mark
Sad sad news.
Had the pleasure of corresponding with him intermittently over the years,
bought a few items from him via pinballpal.
Had the great fortune to finally meet and talk with him at the
first Gene Cunningham pin auction in early 2001.
A great great guy, very helpful, and knowledgeable about pinball and its history.
At one time had a premier pin collection,
until having to sell off some of his collection to help pay for his health issues.
I guess I can forgive him now for outbidding me on that GTB Spirit at Gene's auction.
Mark you will be missed.

#43 5 months ago

I never met Mark in person. But back in 2007 I acquired a really nice Star Trek. I was thrilled to have found such a nice example. Later I learned that the game had once belonged to Mark and was one of his early stencil experiments. Star Trek is my sentimental favorite title and this game would probably be the last game I'd ever sell. Thanks Mark!

PinballPalWebsite (2) (resized).jpg

#44 5 months ago

As others have said, we lost a great man and asset to the Pinball community. RIP

#45 5 months ago

My introduction to Mark was getting an 8-track tape for a Haunted House gun game probably 15 years ago. A loss for the gaming community. Rest in peace.

#46 5 months ago

Very sad news I heard the other day. I got some special games and parts from him. He collected the best stuff

51297 (resized).jpeg51299 (resized).jpeg
#47 5 months ago

This was his Banzai Run. It didn't really need it but I had new Mirco pf's and plastics installed

50272 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 222.00
Cabinet - Decals
Buthamburg
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 5,999.99
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 27.95
$ 218.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside