20220220_132543 (resized).jpg
20220220_140315 (resized).jpg
5A10B76D-03E5-4E08-B226-C4D3382EA190 (resized).jpeg
C3CCD364-7920-4F2A-AC01-77C1EF9A7861 (resized).jpeg
149631C9-8B64-4775-8E13-0A98C77D9C75 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
index (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 736 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 2 years ago

RIP sir..

#202 2 years ago

Very sad news.

A pinball legend and idol to many.

Gonna have a Lyman's lament for a good while.

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Unfortunately it just happens. 5 years ago I had a college friend, otherwise in healthy condition, die of a heart attack at 57. He was found unresponsive by his wife. Life is fragile and precious.

I totally agree with everything you said and sorry to hear about your friend. Im just having a hard time with so many all of sudden passing away. Seems a little too coincidental. I could be wrong, just an observation and a curious train of thought. Nothing was wrong with Bob Saget, Meat Loaf I don't know as he looked a bit heavy and was in his 70's. Lyman was in his mid 50's and seemed in good health, never heard otherwise? Just don't get it

#204 2 years ago

I had been talking with Lyman at length a while back regarding EHOH code when he was still at Stern. He had some ideas he wanted to implement but sadly was never able to get to them.

Aside from his incredible coding expertise, his style of playing was fun to watch. His stance was completely unique and his body English during play showed how much in tune he was with the machine he was playing.

Lyman, you will be greatly missed by many. You've left a joyful legacy behind that will continue to bring smiles to the faces of many for generations.

#205 2 years ago

Huge bummer. Lyman was the master!

On the bright side, his work will be enjoyed by many for countless years to come. He left a huge mark on the pinball community.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all of his friends and family.

#207 2 years ago

Wow, this has been a crazy 24 hours. Meat Loaf, Louis Anderson, and Lyman.

I'll miss Lyman the most. I never got to meet the guy, but nobody can dispute he was the king of code. This has really got to suck an extra mile of *bleep* for CCR buyers and CCG....

#208 2 years ago

This is terrible! He was a legend!
What a crap day, this has been. I awoke to see Meat Loaf was gone. Then, I saw Louie Anderson, too. Now, this!?

#209 2 years ago

RIP Lyman. Your efforts will be missed!

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow, this has been a crazy 24 hours. Meat Loaf, Louis Anderson, and Lyman.
I'll miss Lyman the most. I never got to meet the guy, but nobody can dispute he was the king of code. This has really got to suck an extra mile of *bleep* for CCR buyers and CCG....

Louie Anderson died too?? F%&K!!!! Unbelievable. I see it was cancer. Still.....

#211 2 years ago

Very sad to hear this. A legend was lost today. Heartfelt condolences to all family and friends.

#212 2 years ago

Wow this is devastating news

#213 2 years ago

Damn... He embodied great pinball in almost every way. Sad for his family

#214 2 years ago

Just spotted the topic title and my jaw dropped. I haven't read the rest of the thread yet so I don't know what information has popped up but I am in shock. Very tragic.

#215 2 years ago

Lyman will be deeply missed by ALL!

May God bless you !!

A true legend.

#216 2 years ago

Very sad news.

#217 2 years ago

This sucks. Lyman was a great part of pinball.

Makes me want to go in the garage and play Lyman's Lament on Bash.

#218 2 years ago

RIP - You will be missed!

#219 2 years ago

Meatloaf and Anderson today as well!?!

#220 2 years ago

Best to Lymans family and friends .

#221 2 years ago

Im absolutely Stunned. Prayers for him and his family. This year has not started off well.

#222 2 years ago

My condolences to his family, and friends. A true giant...we should all be so lucky to have lived a life where our labor and toil end up bringing so much joy to others as Lyman's has. He will be greatly missed.

#223 2 years ago

2022 is a dickhead of a year so far. RIP to Lyman, and thanks for the great pinball experiences.

#224 2 years ago

Dude just took me out for my birthday, this sucks asses

68E3ABEA-5E4E-43E1-9738-40D9EACFBBCF (resized).jpeg68E3ABEA-5E4E-43E1-9738-40D9EACFBBCF (resized).jpeg
#225 2 years ago

I kind of feel sick!what a tragic event!

#226 2 years ago

Terrible news.

#227 2 years ago

I am shocked, so sad as so young, my condolences to his friends and family.

#228 2 years ago

RIP Lyman, the best pinball coder of all time, all my favorite games have Lyman on code, a true artist it's a great loss.

#229 2 years ago

Say it ain’t so! RIP Lyman Sheats, you’ll always be the best software programmer & pinball player of my generation. Irreplaceable. My Condolences to his family, his legend will live on through the people he touched and the games he perfected. Thanks for all the work you did on Batman ‘66 especially, will play a game in your memory, today. Godspeed!

#230 2 years ago

Very sad news… RIP, the greatest coder… you will be very misssed.

#231 2 years ago

Well this is surely a shitty way to start the day. First I heard was an email from Rick so I came to Pinside to see what is going on.

One of his friends told me awhile ago Lyman was talking about retiring.

They don't come any nicer. He came to my business a few times. Always brought souvenirs and autographed things for people. Even helped me when I was kicking the heck out of a game and then going over the people list on the playfield, if any of the names were at my event I was going to be very unhappy with them. Lyman came over and I explained what was going on. He looked it over and asked, "who designed this ?". Fun times.

The picture is of Lyman and Todd Andersen ( who has repair articles on Pinball News ). This was my 30th Anniversary party tournament. Todd would be the first to tell you he loved pinball, but was a mediocre player. Todd gutted his way through the entire tournament and played Lyman in the final. Lyman didn't cut him any slack, Todd won. By then Todd was pumped up and asked Lyman, "would you sign my flyer, bitch ? ". Which Lyman graciously did.

Lyman my friend. I will miss you. Even at shows you always took time to visit. My heart goes out to Penni and your loved ones. Thank you for all you did for pinball. Thank you for all you did for me.
Lloyd

Lyman (resized).jpgLyman (resized).jpg
#233 2 years ago

One of the most influential people in the history of pinball. Tough to even describe the impact he has had and how many people his work has inspired.

And as so many others have said, a kind, gracious man who loved the hobby and the people involved in it. RIP.

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

This sucks. Lyman was a great part of pinball.
Makes me want to go in the garage and play Lyman's Lament on Bash.

Do it. Life is short. I'm WFH, so I took 30 minutes to play some TRON, and I felt better while playing. Reading more of this thread, I'm bummed out again.

#235 2 years ago

Wow. Thanks for all you’ve done for the pinball community Lyman. Rip

#236 2 years ago

Four years ago I hosted league on my wife's birthday while she was stuck watching our three-month-old. In the invite email I cracked a joke about possibly being divorced by the end of the night. Lyman showed up to league with a small batch of cookies he baked just for my wife. That's what kind of guy he was.

Requiescat.

#237 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:Add the upcoming Cactus Canyon code to the list as well.

If he got to finish it...

#238 2 years ago

The legendary "Lyman Stance."
lyman (resized).pnglyman (resized).png

#239 2 years ago

I never formally met him but was at PAPA a few years ago where he was blowing up a Getaway in the practice area. A crowd of us formed around him. You will be missed.

RIP

#240 2 years ago

Unbelievable... I'm really sorry to hear this. RIP Lyman

#241 2 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I had been talking with Lyman at length a while back regarding EHOH code when he was still at Stern. He had some ideas he wanted to implement but sadly was never able to get to them.
Aside from his incredible coding expertise, his style of playing was fun to watch. His stance was completely unique and his body English during play showed how much in tune he was with the machine he was playing.
Lyman, you will be greatly missed by many. You've left a joyful legacy behind that will continue to bring smiles to the faces of many for generations.

Can you share with us what the ideas were? EHOH is one of my favorites, and I am interested to hear what else he wanted to add.

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

The legendary "Lyman Stance."

That should be on top of a PAPA trophy.

#243 2 years ago

what a loss...
Lyman, you put smiles on faces and made the pinball world a better place.
You will be remembered always and dearly missed.

#244 2 years ago

I have just inherited a collection from a family member and this name was mentioned many times. Prayers for his family and his large group of friends.

#245 2 years ago

Lyman was a genuinely nice guy. He’d always go out of his way to say Hi to us whenever we crossed paths at pinball tournaments.

My lasting memory will probably be one day at IFPA WC in Denmark. It was 9am, before the start of the tournament - Lyman saunters up to the STTNG where I was sitting, and just smashes a casual 15 billion or something. Right to the end of the game. Good warm up.

His girlfriend Penni is also a super nice person. Wishing her all the best as she works through this terrible news.

rd

#246 2 years ago

Awful news. A true legend

#247 2 years ago

So sad. Praying for his family and friends.

#248 2 years ago

R.I.P - you will always be

#249 2 years ago

only the good die young. RIP Lyman.

#250 2 years ago

I know how loved this man was in life and this community. My condolences to all.

My only connection was the Attack from Mars that was at Rutts Hut. I played it every time I was back in New Jersey. RIP.

A6F798ED-4E5F-4643-99FA-A89BB98BE30C (resized).jpegA6F798ED-4E5F-4643-99FA-A89BB98BE30C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (Firm)
$ 26.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

There are 736 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-lyman/page/5?hl=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.