Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hawk007
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

The real question is when are historical aspects of pinball actually going to be improved upon.
    Like pop bumpers. They are great for randomly moving the ball around but why not actually incorporate them in to the rules of the game to be significant, regarding scoring (Funhouse and circuit voltaire)? They are "photocopied random pinball movers" and in ALMOST every game they are used, and they do not improve a game in any way beyond adding randomness.
    Another thing that has always irritated the shit out of me is that MADE lock shots are worthless. Lock a ball, get zero points. In Transformers, lock 3 balls, get zero points. I understand the potential for scoring in eventually earning multi-ball but why not at least award 500K-1mil. for a successfully lit shot that in a ton of cases, is extremely dangerous?
    The skill shot has evolved very slowly over time but I think Elwin has shown us the way regarding that pinball feature, expanding the rules of it in much the same way multi-ball rules have been stretched with add-a-balls and "earned revivals".
    I can go on about other annoying things that make the current state of pinball monotonous and drab but I will leave it alone for now. The truly genius engineering seems few and far between amongst pinball designers these days. It does not help that these days, premium features are something that the consumer pays thousands of extra $ for in the form of a premium or LE product. So sad.

MM/MMR the pops hits count towards Super Jets 1,000,000 points. If you need to score pops hits on those machines, shoot for the orbits.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-kickback?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.