Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 219 posts
  • 185 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pb456
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2544 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2541 (resized).JPG
    Twinkies (resized).jpg
    IMG_1633 (resized).JPG
    Ken Layton and Drive in Projector (resized).png
    5777223798_a4f298f4fd_o (resized).jpg
    5777223626_d1001129d8_o (resized).jpg
    9BA39AC7-778A-4390-A965-10053E677698 (resized).jpeg
    kenlayton.jpg
    59997369-390A-4A8D-90E1-4DEBBDD20C73 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #199 Obituary Posted by SonicZone (2 years ago)

Post #202 Message from Ken's sister Posted by robin (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 2 years ago

Ken Layton has passed away.
    I was informed that Ken passed peacefully in his sleep.

Ken was an old school, coin op route and repair guy.

He could fix anything and everything.
    The repair threads are filled with tips from him.
    Be at peace sir.
    And thank you.

#2 2 years ago

Ken was a good guy, always helpful on the forums.

#3 2 years ago

Sorry to hear the news. So nice and helpful.

#4 2 years ago

He posted here and other forums for years. Always good input. He'll be missed.

My condolences to his family.

LTG : (

#5 2 years ago

Wow. Sad news.

Never met him, but learned a lot from him.

Thanks for everything Ken. You’ll be missed.

#6 2 years ago

This is heartbreaking.

Ken was full of knowledge and was always ready to share with other pinsiders who were desperate for a solution.

Huge loss to the community.

Ken, may you rest in peace.

#7 2 years ago

Very sorry to hear this news. My condolences to his friends and family.

#8 2 years ago

Terrible news.

As stated, he was always helpful.

Rest in peace.

#9 2 years ago

I never met him either -but he was always quick to try and help. RIP Ken.

#10 2 years ago

Oh no!

Threads around here are peppered with his helpful advice. I saw his posts all the time. He will be missed.

Condolences to his family.

Thanks for letting us know.

#11 2 years ago

Very sad news. We had many conversations over the years and he was always ready to share his considerable knowledge with everyone in need.
    RIP Ken, you were a true gentleman.

#12 2 years ago

Damn, even though I never met him, he was a familiar face on these forums and always helpful. My condolences to his friends and family.

#13 2 years ago

Bummer for sure. His tips on the internet will outlive all off us

#14 2 years ago

Terrible news. I sold and shipped him a wood rail head and backglass for a swanee years ago for a restoration he was doing. After that he was always quick to help me with multiple issues on old school games. Helped me a lot when i was restoring my old genco lucky 7. Rip

#15 2 years ago

Aw man. I've followed his advice multiple times here, always helpful. Very sad. Rest in peace.

#16 2 years ago

That's too bad I enjoyed reading his content. Talked with him a few times as well.

#17 2 years ago

Sucks for real; always a guy i respected the hell out of. Pour some out

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/kenlayton

#18 2 years ago

Never met him but he definitely knew his stuff and always enjoyed reading his posts
    RIP my friend you will be missed

#19 2 years ago

That's depressing. Always helpful, especially in my early (RGP) days. Rest in peace, Ken. You were an asset to this community, and several others, no doubt.

#20 2 years ago

He very patiently helped me on one of my first games. And several since. Amazing knowledge and always helpful. This is a loss to all. (Family & community ) Condolences

RIP Ken. May you always have a game to work on in Heaven.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sucks for real; always a guy i respected the hell out of. Pour some out
    https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/kenlayton

Good grief! What a young man. Quick search shows him active in many coin op forums. Never met him but sad to hear this news.

#22 2 years ago

Oh, no. That's really sad to hear.

Never met the man but always enjoyed reading his posts. He was extremely helpful here.

RIP Ken.

#23 2 years ago

RIP Ken, there will definitely be a void on the pinside and Klov forums. He had so many tech tips! He may have passed but his forum posts will live on.

#24 2 years ago

I agree with the sentiment that Ken was a great source of knowledge. He’ll be missed.

#25 2 years ago

Never met Ken but yes he was always very helpful here on Pinside and will be missed. RIP Ken.

#26 2 years ago

This is really sad!
    I never knew him, but all these legends will be gone one day. Are there going to be enough people to pass on the knowledge?

#27 2 years ago

RIP Ken, put a couple extra credits on the machine that you’re playing up there for me for when I get there.

#28 2 years ago

Terrible news for sure. As others have noted, what a helpful and nice person. I never met him in person, the last communication I had was likely taking drive-in theaters, which was a few years back. RIP Ken, you will be missed.

#29 2 years ago

RIP Ken.
    I never corresponded directly with him but always read his posts. It was clear he knew what he was talking about.

#30 2 years ago

Very sad to hear. He always brought a lot of knowledge to the forum. My condolences to his friends and family. How old was Ken? Does anyone know what happened?

#31 2 years ago

What was his handle here?

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What was his handle here?

kenlayton

#33 2 years ago

Oh No! Not Ken...I will miss him. Sad News.

RIP.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #34 2 years ago

RIP. I have received his advice in the past as well.

#35 2 years ago

I never met him, but after reading hundreds of helpful posts from him over the years, I feel like I knew him. He knew the old school games and always seemed to be there in the tech threads with great advice. Always a class act too.

RIP Ken.

#36 2 years ago

Ken was a great Pinsider and I always enjoyed reading his posts. Always advocating for better and more complete schematics for the newer machines.

#37 2 years ago

Ken was a great guy, this is really upsetting. RIP brother you will be missed here.

#38 2 years ago

Oh man this is sad.

I didn't know Ken, nor did I ever really interact with him directly.

But, when scrolling through any thread, his was one avatar that I always noticed, stopped scrolling, and read his post.

No matter the topic, his posts were almost always worth reading. Learned a lot from him, and he never even knew it.

#39 2 years ago

Oh fiddlefarkindamitall.

When I got my first pin 7 years ago this month and was browsing Pinside learning all I could about how to fix it, and this wonderfully crazy hobby, Ken was one of the first posters I realized I could always trust: Knowledgable, helpful, polite... never taking bait, never prey to all the noisy drama peanut galley threads that give this place a bad name, but almost always in the tech, help, genial chit-chat and positive threads that make it shine. And then I'd eventually end up in some other random forum and see his name there too, often with the same picture, and always with the same helpful demeanor. I considered him a quieter gentler version of Vid, ha ha.

If we could all act like Ken the world would be better for it. I had a lot of respect for him but never really had a reason to directly interact, bah!

Rest in peace, great friend I never met. I only hope I can manage to pay it forward in fractional measure.

#40 2 years ago

vale ken.

#41 2 years ago

Ken - you are an absolute repair legend. Thank you for all the knowledge you have shared! I hope all the arcade machines are working in heaven so you can rest.

#42 2 years ago

That’s very sad news, Ken was a great guy for sure. His advice will live on in so many of us RGP’ers and Pinsiders and RGVAC’ers and KLOV’ers.

#43 2 years ago

Wow, what terrible news. Super-helpful, kind guy that really knew his stuff and how to make anything seem easy. But applying that technique to dying seems a bit much. Whatever, Ken. I will certainly miss your legend-status influence around here and on the arcade forums.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not Ken...I will miss him. Sad News.

RIP.

Oh Damn! The name didn't dawn on me until I saw the pic.
    Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but how old was he?

#45 2 years ago

Rest In Pin Ken!

An EM old Schooler who could be appropriately curmudgeonly. Part of the fabric of the hobby !

#46 2 years ago

Ugh.

His depth of knowledge and the willingness to share it without snark or judgment was a wonderful combination.

We lost a great one.

#47 2 years ago

Very sad to hear. He always gave great advice and help. Rest in peace Ken.

#48 2 years ago

Damn! So sorry to hear this. I didn't know him personally but he was always one to jump in to help newbs such as myself. RiP

#49 2 years ago

Sad - always had great input and knowledge he was willing to share. A great loss, prayers go out to his family

#50 2 years ago

We have lost a truly great guy. RIP Ken

There are 219 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-ken-layton-?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.