• 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jgentry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2018-08-26-13-03-13-1 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

His politics are very different from his service. I disagree with him politically but wholly respect the man.

His sacrifice deserves respect, he was an American hero.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from timab2000:

If you do not want this to get political, why are you allowing the post in the first place??

Because the post is about paying respect to a public figure who has recently died. His death is not a political topic. Discussion about his death is a civic discussion.

It's going to be easy enough to start ejecting people from this thread if they cannot recognize the difference.

And ANYONE who has an issue with Robin's decision is free to open a moderator feedback. But questioning his decision on this thread will get you ejected from this thread. And please do not engage someone who has decided to get political. Simply report the post and let us handle the issue. Responding to posts will only get you moderated as well.

I'm not going to retroactively apply this standard, but after this post, anyone that does not follow Robin's directive to keep the political discussion out of this thread will be moderated, and most likely permanently ejected from this thread.

If you want to participate in this thread, please respect Robin's wishes and direction. Do not make your post political.

Consider this a warning to everyone. Please keep your posts non-political.

Thanks.

Pinside Staff

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I voted for him in 2008 because he was so much better than the alternative. I also think John was a very good person, husband, father, etc, and a great American that served his country proudly and i have major respect for him because of that. I however didnt agree with him on alot of his political views. I think this is how alot of people probably feel about him. I think John McCain was a great person/American though and i believe thats how he will be remembered, as he should be.

There is an interesting documentary called "John McCain: For Whom the Bell Tolls".
His first wife and his children with her would probably disagree with you on the good husband, father comment though.

#57 5 years ago

Yeah, two websites, two completely different stories on what happened on the USS Forrestal.

I'm not defending McCain, I just think your posted sites are crap, especially the first one. Pretty easy to write anything you want when you cite a single source.

#58 5 years ago

Not everything you read on the internet is accurate. The documentary I referenced is from HBO, and is more credible. Some things are glossed over though. He jokingly mentions crashing 4 planes which might not sit well with some, and he certainly admits to being a lousy student, and not the greatest father/husband.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Reminder! Please keep in mind that politics are NOT allowed on Pinside. Simply put, we don't want to know who you vote for.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I voted for him in 2008 because he was so much better than the alternative.

#60 5 years ago

I did not know much about him, I don't follow politics. I saw a TV special on him a few days ago. I true hero.

#61 5 years ago

USS Forestall. He is responsible for 134 men killed and 161 injured when he crashed into the carrier. He told the NVA everything he knew when he was a POW. How many died in Viet Nam because of his loose lips? (I spelled Viet Nam like the locals do)

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

USS Forestall. He is responsible for 134 men killed and 161 injured when he crashed into the carrier. He told the NVA everything he knew when he was a POW. How many died in Viet Nam because of his loose lips? (I spelled Viet Nam like the locals do)

What are your sources for this? Seriously.

Snopes says it's false.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/john-mccain-fire-uss-forrestal/

Same with Politifact.
www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/aug/07/blog-posting/posts-blame-john-mccain-deadly-1967-fire-aboard-us/

And factcheck.org
https://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He was another hero.
Heros don't go to jail

This might be the most questionable post I've ever read on this forum.

#64 5 years ago

Facts, come on you don't need facts. Just ask cadet bone spurs...

#66 5 years ago

Retracted my post. RIP to Capt McCain.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I wonder what 5 years of torture would do to you? It's real easy to judge everyone, it's not so easy to live in their shoes though.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

What are your sources for this? Seriously.
Snopes says it's false.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/john-mccain-fire-uss-forrestal/
Same with Politifact.
www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/aug/07/blog-posting/posts-blame-john-mccain-deadly-1967-fire-aboard-us/
And factcheck.org
https://www.factcheck.org/2008/09/mccains-plane-crashes/

All these facts available and yet Travish and Ojeist found it necessary to put that shit up on this site today.WTF

#69 5 years ago

Cancer sucks, Godspeed Senator McCain!

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I wonder what 5 years of torture would do to you? It's real easy to judge everyone, it's not so easy to live in their shoes though.

The guy your'e quoting did walk in their shoes, he is a Viet Nam veteran.

#71 5 years ago

While I am not an American, we Canadians follow your politics more than you think. I truly didn't like the Palin/McCain combo. But this man, in my eyes, made an effort. He sought for change and improvement and chose to take the high road instead of taking the easy way. While I cant say patriotic (since im canadian), I will say he will be remembered for someone who held on to values and chose to stay true.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

The guy your'e quoting did walk in their shoes, he is a Viet Nam veteran.

Well then, he must have lived the exact same life as John McCain then.

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-john-mccain/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.