Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sex machine (resized).png
    So-Beautiful-and-so-dangerous-heavy-metal (resized).jpg
    Plutonium-Nyborg (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Ivan Reitman has died. I'm starting to dread looking at the news every day with so many people dying lately. Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies. Bummer.

#2 2 years ago

Well I guess we know who comes back as a ghost with no lines in the next Ghostbusters movie.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I'm starting to dread looking at the news every day with so many people dying lately....

Hope you don't like Classic Rock...gonna be a depressing decade coming up

#5 2 years ago

The guy is legendary and his son is following in his footsteps. He had his hand in every movie that defined me in my youth as either a director or producer Animal House, Stripes, Ghostbusters etc.

To make Heavy Metal in 1981, he had to piece together smaller companies to do the animation. There weren't big animation companies that could do a whole movie besides Disney. It worked out perfectly with the anthology format of the film that shows different technics from different companies. He even got a few SCTV alums like John Candy, Joe Flaherty and Eugene Levy to do voice work. John Vernon from Animal House also did voice work.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

The guy is legendary and his son is following in his footsteps. He had his hand in every movie that defined me in my youth as either a director or producer Animal House, Stripes, Ghostbusters etc.
    To make Heavy Metal in 1981, he had to piece together smaller companies to do the animation. There weren't big animation companies that could do a whole movie besides Disney. It worked out perfectly with the anthology format of the film that shows different technics from different companies. He even got a few SCTV alums like John Candy, Joe Flaherty and Eugene Levy. John Vernon from Animal House also did voice work.

That's some good nyborg!

#7 2 years ago

Stripes; the most overrated comedy of all time.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Thats not a fact Jack.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Lighten up Francis.

#10 2 years ago

A bummer indeed.

#11 2 years ago

All I know is I saw it when I was 8 and there were tits and it was the greatest thing ever.

Also that RV that turns into a tank was awesome.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's some good nyborg!

Plutonium-Nyborg (resized).jpgPlutonium-Nyborg (resized).jpg
    So-Beautiful-and-so-dangerous-heavy-metal (resized).jpgSo-Beautiful-and-so-dangerous-heavy-metal (resized).jpg

Quoted from TheLaw:

Stripes is a classic and required 80's watching material Its an essential Bill Murray movie also.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Stripes is a classic and required 80's watching material

Oh I agree...it's also amazingly slow, boring, and not that funny.
    I was SHOCKED when I watched it lately how fucking painful it was; with some classic parts of course.
    Putting that against any other Murray movie of the 80s doesn't work, and certain(T)ly not any actually great 80s movies; Fletch etc.

It's better than 'Spies Like Us though'...so there's that.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh I agree...it's also amazingly slow, boring, and not that funny.
    I was SHOCKED when I watched it lately how fucking painful it was; with some classic parts of course.
    Putting that against any other Murray movie of the 80s doesn't work, and certain(T)ly not any actually great 80s movies; Fletch etc.

I saw stripes when I was 8 and it was an absolute classic.

I shall not watch it again and it shall remain a classic!

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I saw stripes when I was 8 and it was an absolute classic.
    I shall not watch it again and it shall remain a classic!

I wish this is what I did.

#16 2 years ago

I had no idea he directed the unholy trilogy of Arnold comedies.

Kindergarten Cop is the weirdest one. It’s not a kids movie, yet it was marketed as one. There’s murder, gunplay, drugs etc…

Also, I always wanted to know, why is the fat kid stealing French fries out of other kids’ lunches?

Like…who got French fries in their lunch box?!

Makes even less sense than school not being closed for the day after a bad guy is murdered in the bathroom.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kindergarten Cop is the weirdest one. It’s not a kids movie, yet it was marketed as one. There’s murder, gunplay, drugs etc…
    Also, I always wanted to know, why is the fat kid stealing French fries out of other kids’ lunches?
    Makes even less sense than school not being closed for the day after a bad guy is murdered in the bathroom.

"It's not a tumor"

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Spies like us is a better comedy, because after boot camp Stripes is crap although I love Bill Murray. Spies has Donna Dixon in it as well.

#19 2 years ago

Meatballs…. Missed an oscar by… well a mile, but i liked it as a kid.

#20 2 years ago

Animal House as Producer.

#21 2 years ago

He also directed Draft Day. I had the pleasure of working on the film shot almost entirely in Cleveland. I was a lamp operator in the electrical department. Ivan wasn't the friendliest person as well as Kevin Costner. Very into the job and production. However Jenifer Gardner was a sweetie who always had time to say good morning, And Denis Leary owes me a couple packs of cigarettes. Good movie, great cast,sorry to hear about Ivan. Rest in peace.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He was actually set to direct a Twins sequel, Triplets. Filming was supposed to start soon with both Devito and Arnold returning. Not sure who asked for a sequel, but now I'm curious if the project is canceled, or who they'll get to direct.

#23 2 years ago

He was responsible for some real stinkers...

Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Dave, etc.

Eh....I'll give him Ghostbusters of course....

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

He was responsible for some real stinkers...
    Kindergarten Cop, Twins, Dave, etc.
    Eh....I'll give him Ghostbusters of course....

If we're honest, the new ghostbusters movie is awful as well, but I guess we'll blame his son for that.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well I guess we know who comes back as a ghost with no lines in the next Ghostbusters movie.

God I hope not! I’m pretty sure Harold Ramis would’ve fucking hated they way they used his image the way they did in that movie.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Our mom says Crazy Levi is a real sex machine.

sex machine (resized).pngsex machine (resized).png
    #27 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

If we're honest, the new ghostbusters movie is awful as well, but I guess we'll blame his son for that.

True....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-ivan-reitman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.