Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_678333650102762 (resized).jpeg
    vampire vixens pix 1 (resized).jpg
    20220413_134055 (resized).jpg
    gilbert and ted (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    HonorablePointedGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif
    38DA7526-1BC6-4682-A44F-50EC5E39507F.jpeg
    D462D98F-941D-4722-A646-1B88DDD2D780 (resized).jpeg
    chicks_thumbnail_swimsuit (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

this really sucks RIP to the one of the best. I loved when he would show up on Howard Stern

When Gilbert sat in on the news and riffed with Artie, that was some of the funniest radio ever. The news would take like 2 hours and Robin would get so annoyed at them.

I watched the Gilbert documentary last nite…it was free on Roku & some other streaming services. His dad died around the same age. I feel so sad for his wife & kids.

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Stopped listening to Howard the second he started getting to political. There is that old warning to stay away from religion and politics. He pissed me off and I have not listened to him for 2 years. I do not want to take away from the real purpose of this thread which is to remember one of the greats. RIP Gilbert

I’ve listened to Howard since the late 80s… he’s always talked about religion & politics & every other button-pushing topic. That’s how he built a career. What could he have possibly done 2 years ago to offend you?

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Just seemed to shift very one-sided to me. Continually pandering and kissing ass. Came across as fake and forced. Ruined the entire show for me. It's the only channel purposely left out on all of my vehicles sirus accounts. I'm way more of a Joe Rogan kind of guy now. But to each their own.

I'd love to hear specifics. Pandering to who? Kissing who's ass? I think Howard has just grown up. He's almost 70 - you think he wants to keep throwing baloney at asses? It's less of a circus & more about interviews. He likes digging deep with guests and learning about their life and art. That being said - I did tune in last week & there was a whole bit about Debbie the Cumlady trying to unsuccessfully give High Pitch Erik a BJ over the course of many days...I mean - if that isn't old school crazy Stern show, I dunno what to tell ya. Honestly, I'm surprised he's still doing this...he could have easily retired and enjoyed a quiet life a decade or so ago. So - it's a nice treat to still tune in and hear the old gang I've been listening to since I was a kid.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to mention USA Up All Night! In my teens, I stayed up until sunrise on many weekends watching those bad movies. Rhonda and Gilbert are legends.

I'm trying to think if that was my first exposure to Gilbert...I feel like he was just everywhere in the 80's. "Weird character" comics were such a thing back then...Judy Tenuda, Emo Phillips, Bobcat Goldthwait...Gilbert was "the king", though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-gilbert-gottfried?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.