Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by crlush
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

received_678333650102762 (resized).jpeg
    vampire vixens pix 1 (resized).jpg
    20220413_134055 (resized).jpg
    gilbert and ted (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    HonorablePointedGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif
    38DA7526-1BC6-4682-A44F-50EC5E39507F.jpeg
    D462D98F-941D-4722-A646-1B88DDD2D780 (resized).jpeg
    chicks_thumbnail_swimsuit (resized).png
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Gilbert Gottfried passed away. He was one of the greatest. So sad to hear this.

#2 2 years ago

I hope some people make some jokes about his death that are in very poor taste.

He’d have wanted it that way!

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

100% agree. He will truly be missed.

#4 2 years ago

Greatest Canadian and parrot who ever lived.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:I hope some people make some jokes about his death that are in very poor taste.

Agreed, He was always great on The Howard Stern Show, Hopefully Howard will have a word or two about his career.

#6 2 years ago

This sucks, one of the all time greats.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Whose doing the slapping this go around?

#8 2 years ago

He was great what he did. I used to listen to him call in on the radio station here a few weeks ago to talk to the chicks on the right. You can imagine about what and he was a laugh riot.

https://www.chicksonright.com/

chicks_thumbnail_swimsuit (resized).pngchicks_thumbnail_swimsuit (resized).png

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If only he still had AFLAC.

D462D98F-941D-4722-A646-1B88DDD2D780 (resized).jpegD462D98F-941D-4722-A646-1B88DDD2D780 (resized).jpeg
    #10 2 years ago

RIP to Digit!

38DA7526-1BC6-4682-A44F-50EC5E39507F.jpeg38DA7526-1BC6-4682-A44F-50EC5E39507F.jpeg
    #11 2 years ago

NOooooo! His standup was hilarious! Saw him at a comedy club in Philly right before covid.
    RIP

#12 2 years ago

He was great in Beverly Hills cop 2 as well.

HonorablePointedGoldeneye-size_restricted.gifHonorablePointedGoldeneye-size_restricted.gif
    #13 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

He was great in Beverly Hills cop 2 as well.
    [quoted image]

Ha! There’s a sentence you don’t see too often.

#14 2 years ago

-Knock, knock-
    [Who is it?]
    "Not Gilbert"

Here's hoping the spirit of a gorgeous Japanese girlfriend floats by to keep you company in the great astral beyond...

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I heard he died from electrocution. He got fried.

(Hey, don't blame me. Only posting per CrazyLevi's request.)

#16 2 years ago

A lot of people don’t know that Gilbert Gottfried was actually an accomplished actor who took on dramatic roles. He once played President Lincoln, and while Daniel Day Lewis‘ performance garnered most of the awards, Gilbert’s attention to detail and commitment to the part were commendable. RIP old friend.

#17 2 years ago

I got back from a short doctors visit and get hit with this news...
    Bam. I think 2022 is going to continue to suck.
    RIP Gilbert... thanks for the laughs.

#18 2 years ago

So sad by Gilbert passing. I got Paul tickets as a gift several years back to see him. It was at the DC Improv. He was incredible.
    We splurged to get our picture with him afterward. I ran into his wife outside of the bathroom. I said, "Oh hi Dara!" She looked confused and said, "You know who I am?" I said "Of course!" We recently watched the wife swap episode with Alan Thicke- watch it if you haven't, the way Gilbert torments Alan's wife is glorious.

I'm a big fan of his podcast too, he and his partner Frank were so good together interviewing people from old hollywood, music and television.

The documentary about him a few years back was so well made; showing his home life, time on the road and using the Big Bus

Rest well, Little man.. thanks for the laughs.
    -Chrissi

#19 2 years ago

"I was just about to write him a note, Robin."

- Tomorrow on the Howard Stern show

#20 2 years ago

RIP Gilbert.

That reminds me....I need to re-listen to his audible erotic book reading of "50 shades of Grey."

It really sets the mood.

#21 2 years ago

Ah the bloke who had a face like he was permanently on the vinegar stroke!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #22 2 years ago

What a great and funny guy! So sad to lose him. We were guests at a few conventions together. Always a good time. Got to play with his kids....

gilbert and ted (resized).jpggilbert and ted (resized).jpg
    #23 2 years ago

this really sucks RIP to the one of the best. I loved when he would show up on Howard Stern

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

What a great and funny guy! So sad to lose him. We were guests at a few conventions together. Always a good time. Got to play with his kids....
    [quoted image]

I think his kids are young too.

#26 2 years ago

Gilbert was absolute radio gold on Howard Stern's show back when that show was actually funny.

#27 2 years ago

This one really hurts. Huge fan of Gilbert and have listened to every episode of Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast.

If, like me, you're a fan of classic TV and films, you owe it to yourself to give it a listen. Gilbert and Frank Santopadre have interviewed some legends throughout the years. https://www.gilbertpodcast.com

#28 2 years ago

I'm putting my flame suit on, but why do we always have to have a celebrity RIP thread? It's like a race to see who can start it first.

I know, I know, I can always not read, which I normally do.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm putting my flame suit on, but why do we always have to have a celebrity RIP thread? It's like a race to see who can start it first.

Pinside is literally the first place I ever find out about celebrity deaths.

RIP Gilbert

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Pinside is literally the first place I ever find out about celebrity deaths.
    RIP Gilbert

So, it has utility. I hear about them on the radio.

#31 2 years ago

I loved that show "World's Dumbest" and when Gilbert was on it he always killed it, ROTF stuff. Just the way he said things was funny. Remember him being on SNL when it really stunk in the early 80s but he still made me laugh.

#32 2 years ago

RIP you quack!

#33 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Where else am I gonna hear someone lament that “it always happens in threes?”

#34 2 years ago

Classic.. same contestants. They're fools!

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He was a rude, nasty mother fucker but he was funny as shit. They fired him from being the Aflac duck because he was offensive, go figure. The damn duck sucks now.

#36 2 years ago

I was having trouble finding some family-friendly material from Gilbert, but stumbled upon this!

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where else am I gonna hear someone lament that “it always happens in threes?”

Any predictions on who is next?

Edit: They are dying young lately, which makes it harder.

#38 2 years ago

I saw him back in 2011 right after the Aflac flack. It was pretty great how unapologetic he was.

#39 2 years ago

He was great in Ford Fairlane.

#40 2 years ago

damn it

#41 2 years ago

The best version of “The Aristocrats” joke. Unforgettable voice. Funny and always in character.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Gilbert was absolute radio gold on Howard Stern's show back when that show was actually funny.

Yep; Bindi...Gilbert "Dice" Gottfried".....Dracula Gottfried....Sitting in on the news.

Classic radio. So sad that the current version of the show is beyond terrible.

#43 2 years ago

Ugh. He was always killer on the roasts too. Lots of comics with well written jokes, and then somewhere in the middle, Gilbert would come up and just have some 10 minute winding nonsensical rant. It was hysterical. His roast of Roseanne was fantastic and had everyone in stitches. He was always a guilty pleasure of mine.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

I heard he died from electrocution. He got fried.
    (Hey, don't blame me. Only posting per CrazyLevi's request.)

That’s also how he died in Adventures of Ford Fairlane

#45 2 years ago

Breaking: Gilbert Gottfried was at the end of a long-term illness, but he was able to upload his own eulogy. It’s poignant and sad, but you can detect glimpses of hope.

He sets it up like a joke, but you need to listen to the end for the impact. Gilbert was truly a profound man.

#46 2 years ago

he was an even better neighbor and will be missed here ,
    I was close to actually visiting him soon .

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Breaking: Gilbert Gottfried was at the end of a long-term illness, but he was able to upload his own eulogy. It’s poignant and sad, but you can detect glimpses of hope.
    He sets it up like a joke, but you need to listen to the end for the impact. Gilbert was truly a profound man.

#47 2 years ago

Because this is Pinside, I immediately thought it was about Gilbert GOTTLIEB. I've seen some of his pinball related videos on youtube.

Will the real Gilbert Gottfried please rest in peace!

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s the story where we thank him later!

#49 2 years ago

Always remember his hosting usa up all night i believe sat nights (rhonda had fri nights i believe). I watched rhonda because well….but i watched him because he was perfect for commenting on b movies. Ill miss him.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Always remember his hosting usa up all night i believe sat nights (rhonda had fri nights i believe). I watched rhonda because well….but i watched him because he was perfect for commenting on b movies. Ill miss him.

Also my introduction to Gilbert

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-gilbert-gottfried and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.