0FF5CAD3-A1B2-4136-BE7C-A9CB3FBE4870 (resized).jpeg
20191006_220414 (resized).jpg
20191006_221851 (resized).jpg
tres (resized).jpg
ZZ_Top_-_ZZ_Top's_First_Album (resized).jpg
20210728_174541 (resized).jpg
20210728_174742 (resized).jpg
5FE00A46-E583-4FE9-8F9B-22652D39DD1B (resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

On of my favorite T-shirts, bought at a ZZ Top show 14 years ago. RIP Dusty.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Anybody that didn't watch the Netflix documentary yet do yourselves a favor.

#52 2 years ago

My all time favorite , on stage with Carmen Electra.

#53 2 years ago

They were the 1st band I ever saw here in Vancouver mid 80’s. My dad took us kids, and I remember a smell in the coliseum. I asked my dad what that smell was..he says Andy, that’s marijuana! I was 15, but what a concert! Chicks shaking their tatas, great music, and everyone having a good time. Another great musician gone to soon..

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Micheal Berry said today that the band was going to carry on using Dusties guitar tech.

Dusty's style of bass playing was not complicated. But it was so effective. With Billy and Frank still onboard, and everybody knowing the score, it will work.

#55 2 years ago

Sad news. They had such a fun, distinctive sound.

I’m listening to their greatest hits now as I build my patio gazebo, and I forgot how wholesome their music was. They encouraged guys to be sharp dressed for the ladies, and even wrote songs about giving a pearl necklace to your gal. And for ease of convenience, a song about the Velcro fly!

#56 2 years ago
20210729_154906 (resized).jpg20210729_154906 (resized).jpg
#57 2 years ago

ZZ Top Viva Las Vegas too cool for school

#59 2 years ago

You are welcome. I took a chance that someone may have not seen them at Crossroads.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sad news. They had such a fun, distinctive sound.
I’m listening to their greatest hits now as I build my patio gazebo, and I forgot how wholesome their music was. They encouraged guys to be sharp dressed for the ladies, and even wrote songs about giving a pearl necklace to your gal. And for ease of convenience, a song about the Velcro fly!

Don't forget they also had a song about TV dinners.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

Don't forget they also had a song about TV dinners.

And Mexican taco trucks. I give you..... Crunchy!

#62 2 years ago

If you haven’t seen their biography on Netflix check it out.I liked their early music and dug their MTV videos but didn’t really keep up with them after that. But it’s a good story

#63 2 years ago

I was never really "into" ZZ Top ( though I loved the chicks in those videos), but I liked most of the stuff during their MTV heyday in the 80s. Picked up their greatest hits CD a while back and threw it in during a playfield swap and just kept hitting rewind. Some heavy sounding stuffed in there, I was pleasantly surprised. Made me wish I'd climbed aboard earlier and seen them live.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I was never really "into" ZZ Top ( though I loved the chicks in those videos), but I liked most of the stuff during their MTV heyday in the 80s. Picked up their greatest hits CD a while back and threw it in during a playfield swap and just kept hitting rewind. Some heavy sounding stuffed in there, I was pleasantly surprised. Made me wish I'd climbed aboard earlier and seen them live.

I know it's a dusty thread but ZZ is really all about Billy Gibbons' sick guitar tone and playing. Probably while they are likely to continue even though they really should hang it up.

#65 2 years ago

Yeah they said today they are gonna carry on with their long time guitar tech playing bass. He had played the last few shows while Dusty was ill.
He even already has the long beard.

E5868819-5B83-4945-A8DC-F381B5A68F05 (resized).jpegE5868819-5B83-4945-A8DC-F381B5A68F05 (resized).jpeg
#66 2 years ago

Yep. They're playing in Tuscaloosa right now!

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know it's a dusty thread but ZZ is really all about Billy Gibbons' sick guitar tone and playing. Probably while they are likely to continue even though they really should hang it up.

Dusty and Frank are what an accomplished guitar player like Billy dreams about. Rock solid steady rhythm that lets the lead guitarists go where ever their fingers take them.

#68 2 years ago

Dusty sang half the vocals also.

Does the new guy sing?

Or will they use tapes of dusty? They have them.

#69 2 years ago

Bummer. One of the best concerts I've ever attended was ZZ Top at the Greenville Lions Club Annual Catfish Races, of all places, in 2011.

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-dusty-hill-from-zz-top/page/2?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.