Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jm2 (resized).jpg
    jm3 (resized).jpg
    jm (resized).jpg
    504 (resized).JPG
    502 (resized).JPG
    493 (resized).JPG
    490 (resized).JPG
    352 (resized).JPG
    349 (resized).JPG
    350 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3918 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3937 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3912 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3913 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3940 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3939 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doughslingers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Don could be a hard bargainer, but at the same time would be one of the most generous persons I ever met. I've lost track of the amount of games I purchased from him, but it amazed me the networking he had going on to bring in what he did. I can tell from this thread, it was bigger than what I had even thought.
    From a HEP MM, to a HUO TFTC, my early dealings with Don helped make my collection more than I had thought possible when I first entered the hobby. He had a knack for finding top examples of even rare older games. I couldn't even begin to tell you what it was like each time going over there and seeing what he had acquired next. But I always did my best to bring one or more home. I've lost count how many. But he always made it worth my while.
    We hit the woodrail bug about the same time and many of our talks resulted in him picking up choice examples of vintage machines I never thought I would even see. Don had style and he had class and knew what he wanted and how to get it. He once told me his goal was to own every pinball game there ever was. And he tried real hard.
    I still have several machines I got from Don, and they are the keepers. He ran what I called the superstore. I still have all but one of these and several more.

He got the HUO TFTC from Black Rose. Can't believe he is gone. What a great guy!

#75 7 years ago

I can't believe he is gone. I had so many talks with him at the drive in movie theatre as I had to stay til 3am especially during the film days in case of a wrap around the platters. We would talk for hours as it was only 10pm to midnight in California time zone. I sold him several games after M Pupo introduced us back in 2011. We talked about more than pinball such as movie and c-store gas station business to ACC basketball. Such a sad loss. Never ever complained about shipping but always wanted to purchase more than one to get better rate. I wonder who got the Nitro Ground Shaker I sold him as it was one of my favorites. He was a bright light and I looked forward to his calls. I always wondered if he just extended the conversations as he knew I had to stay until the double or triple feature was over but after reading the other posts I see he had many late conversations. I always thought he felt sorry I was working so late. What a network he built up of great pin people. He touched many and will be missed.

#81 7 years ago

I still find the news shocking. Would like to see the Camel pinball machine as we had shared tobacco investments.

Loved he was so direct in email. Just fill out the one line nothing else.

RIP I was thinking of you during the Lefty D coaching trubute at Maryland this weekend.

I wished we had finished that last conversation...

Screenshot_2017-02-14-21-25-52 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-02-14-21-25-52 (resized).png

Screenshot_2017-02-14-21-25-38 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-02-14-21-25-38 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doughslingers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-donald-margolis-terapin99?tu=doughslingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.