Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jm2 (resized).jpg
    jm3 (resized).jpg
    jm (resized).jpg
    504 (resized).JPG
    502 (resized).JPG
    493 (resized).JPG
    490 (resized).JPG
    352 (resized).JPG
    349 (resized).JPG
    350 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3918 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3937 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3912 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3913 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3940 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3939 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 7 years ago

I am absolutely shocked hearing this. I am flying to Cali tomorrow morning to visit family that lives up in Castaic. When I go out there (usually at least once a year), I always reach out to a few Pinsiders I chat with in the LA area (Aurich last time) to see if they want to chill, and so I can get my pinball fix for the week. Always good to meet some of you guys and gals that I pretty much chat online with every day, but never get to see face to face. Most of us on Pinside are very cool people and I've met so many cool people in this hobby...even though we argue and bicker via this medium sometimes.

I had spoken with Don in the past about deals, but never solidified one unfortunately. I just spoke with him about 3 or 4 weeks ago asking him about a few games, and telling him I would be in the area this month. He said he didn't feel that great and didn't say why, but still invited me down to check out his games, talk some pinball and music, etc. We talked on the phone for about an hour, and he still seemed in pretty good spirits to me. I just can't believe that I'm this close to leaving tomorrow, and was planning on heading down the lovely 5 and the 405 to hang with him sometime this week, and now that isn't going to happen. Beyond unexpected.

He was only 48, and nobody deserves to leave this planet that early. I'm sure he will be missed by many, and now I'm sorry that I never got a chance to hang out with him in person after reading all the stories above. Rest in peace.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-donald-margolis-terapin99?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.