Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jm2 (resized).jpg
    jm3 (resized).jpg
    jm (resized).jpg
    504 (resized).JPG
    502 (resized).JPG
    493 (resized).JPG
    490 (resized).JPG
    352 (resized).JPG
    349 (resized).JPG
    350 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3918 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3937 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3912 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3913 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3940 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3939 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PNBLWZD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 7 years ago

I heard about this sad news last week from a local tech friend that visited Don's place weekly to work on fixing whatever issues came along with his latest purchases. I'm still in disbelief

I met Don a few years ago when he contacted me about buying my BBB, which he did, and we became good friends for the most part. I live pretty close to him, and usually went up to his place once a week to hang out, work on games, order pizza, take my truck to buy a game, help him pack or unpack games, go to Canters Deli at midnight. Pinball, fast cars, music, Rolex watches, traveling, fishing, boats were always the conversation.

All the stories I've read here are true, and then some. He was truly one of a kind. A bachelor with endless time (until now) and resources to pursue his pinball passion. Always games coming and going to and from all over the country. Always on the phone when I was there making deals, talking, laughing, yelling - you name it. His house was full of pinball machines, mods, and parts. Not junk and crap though - really nice stuff - everywhere. As others who visited him stated, it was always fun to see what new at Don's

Most all the pinball people here in CA knew him or knew about him. I hadn't spoken with him recently because life got busy, but kept thinking I really should call him and see how things are going. Now I wish I had. Rest in peace Don.

Here are some pics I took off his back deck overlooking Coldwater Canyon, as it was always such a great spot to see, and a couple of the cars he loved...

357 (resized).JPG357 (resized).JPG

359 (resized).JPG359 (resized).JPG

867 (resized).JPG867 (resized).JPG

207 (resized).JPG207 (resized).JPG

#152 7 years ago

Odin I think I met you and nimblepin that night your truck was backed in to Don's garage picking up Poker Face.

Here are some pics inside the (mad)house that was Don's world. That's my STLE pictured to the right of the Elvis, which he ordered special with the LE #666.

As you can clearly see, it was everything everywhere all the time and always changing. He had a huge stack of NAVL receipts in the garage for receiving and sending games. I remember after his cleaning lady would come (twice a week) and put everything away in the house, he wouldn't be able to find anything and get all pissed off. Pretty funny stuff...

350 (resized).JPG350 (resized).JPG

349 (resized).JPG349 (resized).JPG

352 (resized).JPG352 (resized).JPG

490 (resized).JPG490 (resized).JPG

493 (resized).JPG493 (resized).JPG

502 (resized).JPG502 (resized).JPG

504 (resized).JPG504 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PNBLWZD.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-donald-margolis-terapin99?tu=PNBLWZD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.