Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 159 posts
  • 91 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jm2 (resized).jpg
    jm3 (resized).jpg
    jm (resized).jpg
    504 (resized).JPG
    502 (resized).JPG
    493 (resized).JPG
    490 (resized).JPG
    352 (resized).JPG
    349 (resized).JPG
    350 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3918 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3937 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3912 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3913 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3940 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3939 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NimblePin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 7 years ago

Un-f@<king believable...

I still can't believe I'm finding out about this now.

Thanks for all the good times AND games Don.
    O-Din and I will most certainly need to make a trip to Dan Tana's in your honor.

Alas,
    Too bad we didn't get to make one happen with you in tow sooner this year...
    That's on me.

For those that didn't know Don, he went through pins and pin-related items faster than most American's toilet paper supply after a Taco Bell binge. We kinda loved him for that because there was always "something" new Don had just picked up.
    It wasn't out of the ordinary to see his whole shiny collection disappear, only to re-appear a week later, sporting a completely different era.

I met him during his early DMD era of collecting almost right after meeting O-din if I can recall; now after seeing the woodrail era of his collection come to fruition and slowly fade I was curious to see where Don would venture next.

The latest and or, greatest machines still had a place, (albeit a temporary one) in the lineup which made choosing these pricey titles for our own use a bit easier to stomach since we could actually get some time in on them at Don's since he was usually the first one to have ___.
    Of course they weren't usually level and would already have retina burning flashers installed by the time we got there but at least they flipped.

If he ended up not liking it and you did, then life was good since he'd usually sell it to you cheaper than he bought it for.
    As nice as those occasions were for a semi-poor pinhead like me, Don's no B.S. personality and amazing stories from his youth were what kept me coming back up the hill.

Well, seeing Coop too...

He was definitely a unique individual and will be greatly missed.

R.I.P. Don

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

was a bit worried that no one had posted this before I did...

That's because he was still alive, making plans and talking to folks just the other week.

I know O-Din's new Darts glass was inbound sooner than later and I was looking forward to tagging along with him to see Don again after an already hectic early 2017.

All I could do after hearing this sad news earlier was to hug my family and tell them I love them.

It's almost 3AM and I'm still up wide awake shaking my head.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NimblePin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-donald-margolis-terapin99?tu=NimblePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.