Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2016-06-04-17-10-52 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
6E7EC3C7-1C28-4A72-9790-9543CEBB37B3 (resized).png
B34E94E1-57EC-4F87-B4F5-3C049872D190 (resized).png
IMG_4407 (resized).jpg
IMG_1165 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just got word from his family that Derron Johns of FL passed away last week... Wanted to post as a few folks in FL who knew him didn't know. Derron was a customer who became a friend... We'd text / email back and forth fairly frequently about anything pinball - never much about buying / selling but he sure did love buying all the new games that came out. He was really funny and someone that I enjoyed hearing from even if it was to ask where his games were that he had on order...
Kind of a crappy week at PinballSTAR with my friend and delivery person, Jerry losing his house, belongings and pets to a fire and now this... I did tell his brother David he had a small deposit on a Houdini and I'd refund it to them how they wished and he said keep it, I argued I wasn't going to do that, and he said then donate it as it seemed you and Derron were friends and did business together... So I'm donating to Jerry's go fund me for his family to recover from their fire in Derron's name.
Sorry for the crappy news FL pinheads... : (
Joe

That is a great thing to do with that money and i am sure that Derron and his family would agree. You’re a good man!

9 months later
#88 5 years ago

I didnt know Derron but he looks like a fun guy and someone i would hang out with and have a beer and play Pinball with for sure!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-derron-johns-of-fl?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.