Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2016-06-04-17-10-52 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
6E7EC3C7-1C28-4A72-9790-9543CEBB37B3 (resized).png
B34E94E1-57EC-4F87-B4F5-3C049872D190 (resized).png
IMG_4407 (resized).jpg
IMG_1165 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrossman5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 6 years ago

So sorry to his family. RIP Derron.

#39 6 years ago

Yep. It can happen to anyone. So sad the flu took him.

1 month later
#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Eggbert52-Bro:

Hey everybody, my real name is David Johns. Derron "Eggbert52" Johns is my brother. I appreciate that there are so many of you out there, "you" being friends or acquaintances of Derron's, with so many kind words and wishes. I'll be straight up with all of you... You're right! The Eggbert you all speak of was definitely the same guy all of our family knows; a wise-crack and sometimes an arrogant putz on occasion, yet very intelligent and successful in his own right, with a heart bigger than any of us imagined. I am not a pinball person myself, but I will forever keep one of his machines in his memory.
My family; Our hearts will heal and we will not forget. We will not forget the Derron that we loved and thought we knew so well, the same son and brother we learned much more about after he was gone. That was his way... there are many others, inside and outside of your pinball community, that only knew Derron online. The luckier friends knew him in person. We never knew how many friends he really had until you all let us know you were here. Thank you!
Derron did have the flu in final days, but that is not what took him, directly anyway. Being a bigger guy, and the complications that come with those extra pounds, his heart was not able to handle the effects of different over the counter medications. What he thought what going to make him better, became his demise. RIP little bro.
Joe has already read my eulogy for Derron and has asked if he share it here. It is an honor to have him do so.
Thank you all for sharing your memories of Derron. - David

Very sorry for your loss man.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrossman5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-derron-johns-of-fl?tu=mrossman5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.