• Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211018-143920~2 (resized).png

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

We lost a true American Hero today. People that I respect that worked with Gen Powell always said that he was one of the finest men to ever grace our military. Condolences to his family.

#2 2 years ago

He was a good man and served his country with honor.

#3 2 years ago

Agree with what has been said. He was the one person I would have liked
to see run for Prez.

#4 2 years ago

Sad day.

#5 2 years ago

Apparently complications from Covid of all things.
Rest in Peace General.

#8 2 years ago

RIP. One of the best! Very sad.

#9 2 years ago

One of the first papers I remember writing in elementary school was on Colin Powell. I remember predicting that he was going to be president.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

One of the first papers I remember writing in elementary school was on Colin Powell. I remember predicting that he was going to be president.

I think a lot of people expected to him run for President. I was hoping that he would have.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Apparently complications from Covid of all things.
Rest in Peace General.

and was fully vaccinated. very crazy.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not that crazy really. He was battling a form of cancer that left him severely immunocompromised. The more people that are vaccinated, the less people with these conditions need to worry about stuff like this.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

getting vaccinated doesn't make you immortal. i know the anti-vax crowd likes to pretend the medical community makes that promise, in arguing against it.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from DBLM:

I think a lot of people expected to him run for President. I was hoping that he would have.

I read his book and was hoping for the second book I had heard he was supposed to write but 9-11 and WMDs sort of blew the 2nd book out the window.

Yes, he had the chops needed to run this country as its President.

Plus, he was a car guy who liked getting his hands dirty. Drove a Corvette.

#15 2 years ago

Double vaccinated. RIP

#16 2 years ago

Sad loss for our country.

#17 2 years ago

I admired him greatly. Even more so after hearing him speak and meeting him.
A man of Integrity and Compassion. The depth of his Intellect, and his writings are worth a visit.

Sadly, I felt he was a leader all Americans of both Parties respected.

#18 2 years ago

I met him once at a trade show.
We were demonstrating our state-of-the-art high speed mailing equipment in Atlantic City, when he arrived with his entourage (I guess he had nothing better to do that day!).
He gazed intently, as our machine cranked out stuffed envelopes at the rate of 18,000 per hour.
Suddenly he asked, "what's the failure rate?" A fellow technician piped up, "about 30 percent".
After they had left, I said to my co-worker, "you dummy! Thirty percent? That means it jams three out of ten times!"
The correct response should have been, "Sir! Failure is not an option, Sir!"

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

100% truth and you are getting down voted. WTF is wrong with some of you people?

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sadly, I felt he was a leader all Americans of both Parties respected.

This is exactly why I wish he would have ran for office.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

100% truth and you are getting down voted. WTF is wrong with some of you people?

Because it's not "very crazy" that someone who was vaccinated had covid. It sounds like a talking point someone who is anti-vax would use in an attempt to discredit the vaccine which is highly effective.

Breakthrough cases are known and real. You still have a MUCH lower chance of getting seriously sick or dying from covid if you are vaccinated.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Because it's not "very crazy" that someone who was vaccinated had covid. It sounds like a talking point someone who is anti-vax would use in an attempt to discredit the vaccine which is highly effective.
Breakthrough cases are known and real. You still have a MUCH lower chance of getting seriously sick or dying from covid if you are vaccinated.

The media just keeps mentioning he died of COVID and is saying nothing about his cancer in headlines. IT IS ALL COVID RELATED DEATHS per the media, but they never mention the person had cancer or weighed 500 pounds and was in terrible health.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

The media just keeps mentioning he died of COVID and is saying nothing about his cancer in headlines. IT IS ALL COVID RELATED DEATHS per the media, but they never mention the person had cancer or weighed 500 pounds and was in terrible health.

I would suggest reading/watching less news then. Stories are designed to get your attention, tug at your heart strings and bring out emotions. Obviously covid gets more attention than most other topics these days.

#24 2 years ago

I miss when the news was about delivering the news to the viewer, not about delivering viewers to the advertisers...

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Because these days people want to choose a side and are just dying to stomp on anyone who says anything that might possibly lead to an opinion that differs from theirs. Ridiculous that we are at this point and really sad to see it on a Pinball site. Can't you people just go do this crap on Facebook?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Because these days people want to choose a side and are just dying to stomp on anyone who says anything that might possibly lead to an opinion that differs from theirs. Ridiculous that we are at this point and really sad to see it on a Pinball site. Can't you people just go do this crap on Facebook?

This has nothing to do with opinions for me, just facts. I haven't downvoted anybody in this thread either (but you have, lol)

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

And all you mentioned was that he was vaccinated.

#28 2 years ago

It's like a Fakebook thread.

#29 2 years ago

When I die I hope people don't use the opportunity to use my death and obituary to engage in some lame pissing match with a bunch of people they don't know just to rehash the same dumb Facebook arguments they've been engaging in for years.

Please just talk about how much you loved me. I'll even accept one of those classic "We didn't really agree on everything / I wasn't a huge fan, but I respect his work" kind of responses.

Thanks in advance!

RIP

Also, if you haven't already been banned, there's still an ongoing COVID thread here in case you still haven't had enough of this shit for the past two years. Come on over and join us! We'll be over there till the end of time pointlessly arguing about all of this stuff until we are all dead, vaccinated and unvaccinated alike.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Exactly!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Perfect explanation.

#33 2 years ago

Powell helped promulgate the lie that there were WMDs in Iraq, that makes me extremely unsympathetic to his death, but my knowledge about his career is quite limited so if there's some good reason everyone here is overlooking that to call him a good man I'm interested to hear it.

#34 2 years ago

what a legacy. I have friends whose families will be reeling from the trauma of his actions for generations.
Maybe he was saint outside of his role in the Iraq War? Don't really care. The numbers speak for themselves.

Screenshot_20211018-143920~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211018-143920~2 (resized).png

#35 2 years ago

I would ask you to cite your sources, but that would be pointless, since there aren't any for the things your are asserting (yes, shots have side effects but your assertion that they are "harmful" in the conventional sense is completely unfounded). And, absolutely, feel free to not get the shot, just keep your distance.

#36 2 years ago

Man this is a rough crowd. Ok so for those keeping score:

The Op is sad he’s dead.

45 percent are glad he’s dead because he was vaccinated.

45 percent are glad he’s dead because of Iraq.

Remaining 9 percent have no opinion but just want to argue.

On second thought, when I die PLEASE do me one final favor and don’t mention it here.

RIP

thanks in advance!

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-colin-powell?hl=splitcms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.