Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#2 1 year ago

Just a crusher for me. Major pioneer of female rockers and wrote some of the best Fleetwood Mac songs.

#3 1 year ago

Wow. Shocking. What an awesome talent. Really sad to hear this. R.I.P. sweet lady!

#4 1 year ago

Dang. I’m so glad I got to see her perform a few times here in Toronto. Amazing voice and talent.

#5 1 year ago

Sad news. Amazing talent.
    R.I.P.

#6 1 year ago

This one brought a tear to my eye.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow. Shocking. What an awesome talent. Really sad to hear this. R.I.P. sweet lady!

I mean she's 80 so not exactly shocking but I guess slightly surprised? You never really see it coming!

They hadn't played a show since 2019. They should probably hang it up as the band is scabbier than ever but you know they won't. Probably have to bring back Buckingham at this point to keep it all going.

#8 1 year ago

When I found “bare trees”I fell in love with her voice
    Still amazing album.check it out!

#9 1 year ago

Thank you for all the amazing rock ‘n’ roll. RIP me lady

#10 1 year ago

She was the best of the bunch IMO. Now she is finally with Denny...

Well - maybe not.

#11 1 year ago

My wife was a huge Buckingham/Nicks era Fleetwood Mac fan back when we met, so I developed an appreciation beyond the handful of hits you hear on the radio. I'm not a big classic rock fan, so a lot of Christine's poppier tunes are right up my alley. Little Lies is one of hers, probably my fave Mac tune. Something about her songwriting is just classy, polished, timeless. Requiescat.

#12 1 year ago

Learn something new every day. But how do you pronounce it?

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Little Lies is one of hers, probably my fave Mac tune...

Tango in the Night is under appreciated for sure. Big Love, Seven Wonders, Everywhere (another McVie), Little lies are all hits with with good shit like Family Man & Caroline backing those up. It's got legs.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean she's 80 so not exactly shocking but I guess slightly surprised? You never really see it coming!
    They hadn't played a show since 2019. They should probably hang it up as the band is scabbier than ever but you know they won't. Probably have to bring back Buckingham at this point to keep it all going.

79. That's pretty young these days, especially for women.

#15 1 year ago

Future Games is a great Fleetwood Mac album and just a great record in general. I didn't discover it until later in life. Great sound and one of the early albums with Christine McVie in the line up.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Reh-kwee-ess-cat

High school Latin finally paying off

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Future Games is a great Fleetwood Mac album and just a great record in general. I didn't discover it until later in life. Great sound and one of the early albums with Christine McVie in the line up.

Interesting; I'll have to check it out.

#18 1 year ago

Fleetwood Mac - Remember Me (1973)

#19 1 year ago

Are you telling lies? Sweet little lies! What a bummer. RIP.

#20 1 year ago

She was an absolute hit machine. Really enjoy her stuff. Sad she’s gone.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

This is what I love about Pinside?

#22 1 year ago

I saw them live at Market Square Arena in Indianapolis 1987.
    I had great tickets and I came away thinking wow that was magical!Christie was great stole the show RIP Songbird

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Reh-kwee-ess-cat
    High school Latin finally paying off

Ummm….nachos.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Tango in the Night is under appreciated for sure. Big Love, Seven Wonders, Everywhere (another McVie), Little lies are all hits with with good shit like Family Man & Caroline backing those up. It's got legs.

Best post 70's album for sure. Both of the McVie hits are great, especially "Sweet Little Lies". I love John McVie's trailing bass line on that one. Buckingham's Big Love is my favorite song on that record though. The studio version is not as good as when he does that one by himself live. Sounds like 3 guitars, but it's just Lindsey.

#25 1 year ago

This news is a devastating shock to all of us who thought she died years ago.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Sounds like 3 guitars, but it's just Lindsey.

Jesus he's tearing that shit up!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-christine-mcvie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.