Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 0geist0
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Soundgarden 2 (resized).jpg
    Soundgarden 3 (resized).jpg
    Soundgarden 1 (resized).jpg
    18518000_10213521682702703_8413401339171735209_o (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    636223340989796019-011814-robocop-jh-08 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0511 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0699 (resized).JPG
    zz1 (resized).jpg
    f99 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1426 (resized).JPG
    4df26f4b985c25c8878304999debded7 (resized).jpg
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago

BADASS

IMG_0699 (resized).JPGIMG_0699 (resized).JPG

#102 6 years ago

Soundgarden last song.....

#103 6 years ago

Soundgarden was gonna be here this coming Monday, was so looking forward to seeing them. This sucks bad.

#105 6 years ago

God bless...

#106 6 years ago

I saw him a few years ago on his higher truth acoustic tour. Paid a bunch of money to get front row center 10 feet from him but well wort it. He played the small old historic venue Warner Grand theater in San Pedro, CA just a block away from where I was living at the time. Got to shake his hand. Wearing the t-shirt I bought that night today on my way north to Pin a go go.

IMG_0511 (resized).JPGIMG_0511 (resized).JPG

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Very sad to hear. RIP. So talented. So young. Chicken shit way to go in my opinion. He will be missed!! Feel bad for his family and kids.

Drugs change people and make them into things that they are not. I don't know that I would call anyone that kills them self a chicken shit though. You have to be in a pretty crazy state on mind for that to ever come into play at his age. It's certainly the act of someone that is mentally unwell and not thinking of anything but themselves. Just from listening to some of his lyrics he obviously had compassion for people. Too bad substance abuse made him not think about his family members that this would affect.

A good listen is a song called Silence the Voices off of his solo album Carry On. Pretty ironic that he wrote a song about not understanding how people do terrible things and are able to silence that voice inside that tells you no, don't do this. It's a great song.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Drugs change people and make them into things that they are not. I don't know that I would call anyone that kills them self a chicken shit though.

How about "Coward" then.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

How about "Coward" then.

I think selfish is a lot more accurate. Just because someone is successful or appears ok doesn't mean that they are. I have known several people that have committed suicide and I'm not sure any of them were cowards. One was even a decorated war veteran who was the farthest thing from a coward. Never assume you know what is going on in someone's mind or what dark places their mental illness from either drugs, depression, ptsd or a combination of all of them has taken them.

We look at them a cowards because we are healthy and can't understand the choice.

#110 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

How about "Coward" then.

How about just plain 'ol mentally ill?

-

#111 6 years ago

His wife released a statement saying he was taking the anti anxiety drug Ativan. And when she talked to him after the show his voice was slurred and he mentioned maybe taking more than he should have. One of Ativans side affects is suicidal thoughts. Which may have caused him to make a decision that he normally never would have. If you are his wife and children you have to believe he would never choose that option if he were in his right mind. Really sad.

#112 6 years ago

Don't forget, if you EVER need to get rid of someone, Detroit is the best place in the nation to do it.

Only 8% of crimes in Detroit are ever solved.

A "high priority" police response averages 58 minutes.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/196420/912-detroits-crimes-go-unsolved-daniel-greenfi

No joke, Detroiters will soon have a giant bronze statue of Robocop to look up to for inspiration.......That is if someone does not steal it and melt it down for scrap......

636223340989796019-011814-robocop-jh-08 (resized).jpg636223340989796019-011814-robocop-jh-08 (resized).jpg

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

How about just plain 'ol mentally ill?
    -

Or just plain stupid for letting drugs take over his life.
    Then he couldn't handle it and took the cowards way out.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Maybe, but maybe things happened that were not in his control.

#115 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Those videos from that last show sure don't look like a guy strung out on drugs.

He may have been cranking off auto-erotic-asphyxia style and it went south.

That's the ultimate orgasm for sure, but nowadays I only do it if I have someone watching.

Here is the full concert before Youtube takes it down:

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

Maybe, but maybe things happened that were not in his control.

You know my thoughts on that

#117 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

You know my thoughts on that

Sorry couldn't resist

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

You live in Florida. Drugs and/or mental illness must be involved. Pot meet kettle.

#119 6 years ago

Damn it what a shame and such a talented man ........

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

You live in Florida. Drugs and/or mental illness must be involved. Pot meet kettle.

I invite you to come and say that to my face..
    You just might get a surprise.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I invite you to come and say that to my face..
    You just might get a surprise.

What, that big gun in your avatar? Or are you coming on to me?
    Sorry, went to Florida once, never again.

#122 6 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

What, that big gun in your avatar? Or are you coming on to me?
    Sorry, went to Florida once, never again.

You are quite the asshole, you know that?

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

Says the guy pissing in a thread commemorating the loss of an influential musician. You have awful thin skin for someone so judgmental of a person who committed suicide. Why don't you and your tough guy schtick move on to another thread.

#124 6 years ago

Let's legalize

Quoted from rawbars:His wife released a statement saying he was taking the anti anxiety drug Ativan. And when she talked to him after the show his voice was slurred and he mentioned maybe taking more than he should have. One of Ativans side affects is suicidal thoughts. Which may have caused him to make a decision that he normally never would have. If you are his wife and children you have to believe he would never choose that option if he were in his right mind. Really sad.

Here it comes....lawsuit city.

#126 6 years ago

Big pharma just killed one of our finest.

#127 6 years ago

Yes he should've known better, pills suck. But who am I to guess and especially judge wtf he was going through?

#129 6 years ago

“I would feel real trapped in this life if I didn't know I could commit suicide at any time.” - Hunter S Thompson

It sucks but sometimes these decisions were made long in advance of when they were carried out. I have to say though, I've tried to record singers who showed up to the studio on faded on benzos and it was unmistakable in their voice. Just my $0.02.

#130 6 years ago

Good grief, enough with the trolling, folks. A RIP thread is not the place to get up on your soapbox and preach and get in peoples faces. If you can't exhibit a modicum of decorum and have some respect towards each other, you will be ejected from the thread.

#131 6 years ago

I'll miss him.

I don't go to many concerts, but saw him once in a small venue on a solo tour probably 10 years ago, and that was a good show. He called out to the audience to ask for suggestions on what he should sing, and that they didn't have to be his song. I don't recall specifically what he sang, but I think the people up front weren't very imaginative and just asked for songs of his.

I also got to see an Audioslave concert in a stadium, back around the time of their first album. That was a pretty awesome show. They played several different sets from the bands they had been a part of. It was cool because they dropped banners down behind the band with the various band logos to signal they were going to play a set from the respective band. Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, and the they even did a RATM set, and it was interesting hearing Cornell's vocals on those.

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Good grief, enough with the trolling, folks. A RIP thread is not the place to get up on your soapbox and preach and get in peoples faces. If you can't exhibit a modicum of decorum and have some respect towards each other, you will be ejected from the thread.

Thank you. I seriously can't believe a mod had to intervene in an RIP thread. On a pinball forum for f's sake.

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from 0geist0:

I can be; in fact I have been prescribed an ointment by my doctor to clear up the issue. This death hit me kinda hard. As you get older, more and more of the people you looked up to as a kid die off, and it sucks because it reminds you of your own mortality. I would like to remember Chris Cornell as a very gifted singer and musician right now.

I get a little defensive when people start trashing him so soon after his death. Yeah, I talk trash about Florida. Feel free to talk trash about California.

What we must realize, is that the brain is a physical body part capable of malfunction. It Is no different than when a leg breaks, which would prevent one from walking in a normal fashion.

Anyway, I just got back to the Best Western after a night playing Houdini, Dialed In, AFMR, Aerosmith premium, bunch of wood rails and EMs, at Pin A Go Go and had an awesome steak dinner at Buds Pub and Grill. Got a few nice comments about my shirt today. Noone came up to me and started trashing Chris Cornell. Life is good. Play pinball.

#137 6 years ago

I was very sad and shocked to wake up to this Thursday morning. I'm glad I got to see him solo in '99, finally with Soundgarden in 2013 and solo again a couple years ago. I really liked the last Soundgarden album (it was my profile pic here for a while) and there were rumors of a new album this year.

He'll be missed. So glad I've never gotten hooked on anything more serious than alcohol.

18518000_10213521682702703_8413401339171735209_o (resized).jpg18518000_10213521682702703_8413401339171735209_o (resized).jpg

#138 6 years ago

I used to bowl next to Soundgarden in the late 80s at the U-Village bowling alley and saw them quite a few times in that era before they became really big. Chris was always a super nice guy.

Soundgarden 1 (resized).jpgSoundgarden 1 (resized).jpg

Soundgarden 3 (resized).jpgSoundgarden 3 (resized).jpg

Soundgarden 2 (resized).jpgSoundgarden 2 (resized).jpg

#139 6 years ago

Thanks Chris for letting me enjoy the music you made.....Soundgarden....Audioslave. I will never forget one of the best gigs I ever enjoyed.....Pinkpop 1992...... You will be missed....... R.I.P. Chris

#140 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Quoted from 0geist0:

All I can say is I am glad that neither you nor Spencer (your silent but supportive upvoter) have had the unfortunate opportunity to deal with the pain and anguish of losing a parent, child, relative or friend to suicide. I would hope your views would change if you had or did....but perhaps they would not. But either way, be thankful that you have avoided that life experience.

Quoted from Skins:

A pretty good piece about chris:

That has to be one of the most well-written articles I have ever read, especially dealing with grunge rock and depression in the same piece.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

All I can say is I am glad that neither you nor Spencer (your silent but supportive upvoter) have had the unfortunate opportunity to deal with the pain and anguish of losing a parent, child, relative or friend to suicide. I would hope your views would change if you had or did....but perhaps they would not. But either way, be thankful that you have avoided that life experience.

That has to be one of the most well-written articles I have ever read, especially dealing with grunge rock and depression in the same piece.

Sorry but you have no idea who I am what I have seen, done or been through.
    That is all I have to say to you.

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-chris-cornell/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.