Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by 0geist0
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Soundgarden 2 (resized).jpg
    Soundgarden 3 (resized).jpg
    Soundgarden 1 (resized).jpg
    18518000_10213521682702703_8413401339171735209_o (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    636223340989796019-011814-robocop-jh-08 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0511 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0699 (resized).JPG
    zz1 (resized).jpg
    f99 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1426 (resized).JPG
    4df26f4b985c25c8878304999debded7 (resized).jpg

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 6 years ago

Shocking if rumors of addition are true. Unaware he struggled with it as his contemporaries have from that era.
    Either way it's sad news, a real gifted singer and musician.

#52 6 years ago

Was just listening to Soundgarden last night RIP to the best

#53 6 years ago

The first time I hiked from Yosemite to Lake Tahoe was in the early 90's. I got off the PCT trail and reached South Lake Tahoe and couldn't believe the beautiful site in front of me, but I needed to hitch hike to get to North Lake Tahoe because that was where the party was. The first person that picked me up was in a jeep and was playing Soundgarden "super unknown" CD. It will always be a classic in my mind.
    Thanks Cornell and RIP.IMG_1426 (resized).JPGIMG_1426 (resized).JPG

#54 6 years ago

One of my favorite voices of all time. I hate that he's gone.

#55 6 years ago

Off course he fell off the wagon...classic rockstar OD coming up.

#56 6 years ago

I saw them a couple of years back with Nine Inch Nails at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA. Such a great show. I was hoping to see them again. Alas....

#57 6 years ago

Or it's the hanging vs. auto-erotic angle.

#58 6 years ago

Im feeling Minnesota.....

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

Im feeling Minnesota.....

But you look California.

#60 6 years ago

This sucks so bad. So bummed out today. Prayers for his family and friends

#61 6 years ago

Yeah I heard about it this morning, and we were just talking about him yesterday at work. What a waste of an amazing talent. He had a voice like no others and set the bar for other singers to only try and come close to his voice. He will be truly missed. RIP.

John

#63 6 years ago

There's a video or 2 of the last show. It's not good....

Definitely a true talent and it certainly stung a bit when I heard it this morning.

#64 6 years ago

Yeah I just watched some of the footage he seems like hes on something powerful, This just doesn't feel right that he killed himself.

#65 6 years ago

Never heard of him.

#66 6 years ago

RIP Chris. I was so excited to see Soundgarden tomorrow night. Hope they do something special with the headliner spot tomorrow. Sad day. Rock on the Range is gonna be one big memorial weekend now.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Never heard of him.

Then why post, or even come into this thread at all? There is no need to troll in threads concerning the death of someone.

What a friggin loss. Definitely one of the best voices in that era of music, and one of my old bands used to cover Soundgarden songs all the time. Outshined, Mind Riot, Black Hole Sun, and even 4th of July. Great song. Also loved Like Suicide, great tune. Suddenly that song seems kind of bothersome, especially more so because this today is reminding me of unfortunately having to deal with suicide in my immediate family years ago.

Could listen to Badmotorfinger all the way through repeatedly back in the day. What an amazingly talented musician to lose early, and he contributed a ton to the development of rock through the 90's. Kim Thayil was often a very overlooked guitarist with a ton of talent and excellent with composition. Matt banged the hell out of the drums always...right up my alley.

Very sad loss for the music world today, and my sympathy goes out to his children who he left behind. I know what that feeling is like, and it absolutely sucks.

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Could listen to Badmotorfinger all the way through repeatedly back in the day. What an amazingly talented musician to lose early, and he contributed a ton to the development of rock through the 90's. Kim Thayil was often a very overlooked guitarist with a ton of talent and excellent with composition. Matt banged the hell out of the drums always...right up my alley.

Very sad loss for the music world today, and my sympathy goes out to his children who he left behind. I know what that feeling is like, and it absolutely sucks.

Listening to a whole album is a lost cause these days. Back in the day, the track order meant something and if you could listen all the way thru, you had a kick ass album on your hands.

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Listening to a whole album is a lost cause these days

You end up with 3 keepers that's more than impressive these days.

#70 6 years ago

This hurts like loosing a family member. I think I'll be in shock for a few days yet

#71 6 years ago

Back in the early days, I saw Soundgarden open up for Danzig - Wow, did Chris have some pipes live!!!!!!!!

f99 (resized).jpgf99 (resized).jpg

#72 6 years ago

He's in good company now. RIP.

#73 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Never heard of him.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Did you really downvote a post where I referenced a suicide death in my immediate family? Get out of here asshole...

#74 6 years ago

Blow me !

#76 6 years ago

Just awful. Sounds like he hung himself. That makes Chis Cornell, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley & Andrew Wood, all dead by suicide or drug overdose. So surreal. He will be missed for sure. Looks like Eddie Vedder the only one turn out alright.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That makes Chis Cornell, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley & Andrew Wood, all dead by suicide or drug overdose.

Don't forget Shannon Hoon. That dude had some great pipes also.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

And Scott Weiland drug OD... Saw three of them in the hay day...

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He's in good company now. RIP.

Odin you don't mean heaven do you? come on man

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Blind Melon was amazing. That's another one that you could listen all the way through.

Tones of Home is in my Top 10 Songs from that era.

#81 6 years ago

Blind Melon sucks and to bring that band into a thread about a deceased member of Soundgarden isn't right.

#82 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Blind Melon sucks and to bring that band into a thread about a deceased member of Soundgarden isn't right.

Started off as a Seattle thing then moved down the coast to Cali so i assume the newer posts will be morning Selena.

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That makes Chis Cornell, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley & Andrew Wood, all dead by suicide or drug overdose.

Ian Curtis

Quoted from Hazoff:

Odin you don't mean heaven do you? come on man

Music Heaven.

"If there's a rock and roll heaven, you know they've got a hell of a band" - Righteous Brothers.

#84 6 years ago

I was watching this video of the last Soundgarden show and it sounds like he really didn't care what anybody did as long as nobody told him what to do. He did what he wanted to do.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Yet Canada's Nickelback still lives...

#86 6 years ago

#87 6 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Just awful. Sounds like he hung himself. That makes Chis Cornell, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley & Andrew Wood, all dead by suicide or drug overdose. So surreal. He will be missed for sure. Looks like Eddie Vedder the only one turn out alright.

eddie was on the edge awhile back too, but he went the other direction. Found himself and refound his band, and never been better.

#88 6 years ago

Man I haven't listened to these tracks in years, great stuff

#89 6 years ago

Very sad to hear. RIP. So talented. So young. Chicken shit way to go in my opinion. He will be missed!! Feel bad for his family and kids.

#90 6 years ago

This is the worst celebrity death announcement I can recall in a lot time, kind of up there with Robin Williams. I wasn't the biggest Williams fan, but it's sad. The cancelled a music festival here in St. Louis because Chris was the headliner and the show was coming up.

R.I.P.

#91 6 years ago

Yeah I have to say this is the first death of rock star figure that has me a bit emotional in a long time, in fact ever.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Very sad to hear. RIP. So talented. So young. Chicken shit way to go in my opinion. He will be missed!! Feel bad for his family and kids.

zz1 (resized).jpgzz1 (resized).jpg

#93 6 years ago

I made all of my music students (6th grade and up) listen to some Soundgarden today.

Yeah, this one has really bothered me more than the others. It's such a damned shame.

#94 6 years ago

Today is the anniversary of his death too. He went the same way if the reports about Chris are true. Absolutely horrible news.

#95 6 years ago

He played here in KC on SUnday night and everyone said he sounded fantastic with no issues at all. I was supposed to go to KORN but they postponed. I wish I would have gone to see Soundgarden one last time.

#96 6 years ago

R u that much of a goof that you think because a band is from Canada I listen to them, Blind Melon is shit.

Who?

#97 6 years ago

Chris is my favorite front man of the past 30 years. I've seen him live twice (once with Rage and once with Audioslave) and was going to see him for the 3rd time on The Rock on the Range Tour in Columbus, OH, this weekend. Soundgarden was headlining on Friday night (tomorrow). I'm bummed to say the least.

We lost a great male rock vocalist and song writer. I hope he is hanging with Scott, Kurt, and Layne in heaven. RIP CC.

#98 6 years ago

The best voice in rock n roll IMO. I know that leaves out a ton of greats, but this dude had wicked talent.

#99 6 years ago

Now if all of Nickelback died, then a celebration is in order.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Back in the early days, I saw Soundgarden open up for Danzig - Wow, did Chris have some pipes live!!!!!!!!

LUCKY!

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-chris-cornell/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.