(Topic ID: 299209)

RIP Charlie Watts

By CrazyLevi

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180704_205348 (resized).jpg
    20210825_172517 (resized).jpg
    GEDC6713 (resized).JPG
    98135FC1-895C-40AF-A624-0E299B7DCFF8 (resized).jpeg
    R.I.P. Charlie.gif
    steve-marting.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

RIP Charlie. Perfect drummer for 60 years of the Stones.
    The Stones need to hang it up, now.
    They aren't Skynrd or REO Speedwagon. Don't need to see them steadily get scabbier and scabbier over the next 10 years till it's just Mick and a bunch of hired hands up there.
    It's been a good 60 years. Call it a fuckin day. I'm gonna retch when I see the "We are going on, it's what Charlie wanted!" Press release in a week.

I love me some Charlie Watts but they already have Steve Jordan lined up to play and he doesnt exactly suck.

Check out Keiths solo records...

And like it or not it is "what Charlie wanted" he told them to keep going.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I know, why wouldn't he? Doesn't really change how I feel about it. Steve Jordan is a lovely drummer; but he's not the Stones drummer and this band is going to be dramatically different now.
    And when Keith can't play because his arthritic fingers finally seize up, they'll plug his guitar tech in there. And so on...and so on....

Nah.. that will never happen.

Replace Ron Wood maybe but Mick and Keith are the writers and "the band" really.

I dont mind Steve Jordan since he has been Keith's main collaborator for years (since the 80s really) outside the band so it kinda makes sense.

Check out the Netflix Keith documentary its pretty much Keith and Steve Jordan doing a project.

#32 2 years ago

To be clear I am bummed out though as I am one of the dummies who forked out the $$ for a Keith side pit ticket for the tour.

Obviously would prefer the real deal....

Fun fact for non drummers to check out if you watch Charlie Watts play... he never hits the high hat and snare at the same time.

He thought they get in each others way sonically when they record.. one of the few guys who did that.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I sprung for pits in New Orleans in 2019 and it was a great decision. Must better investment than a deep root game.

This will probably be good for ticket sales... reminds people how old they really are.

Not like you can wait until next tour if you never saw them.

Odds are there wont be a next one

1 week later
    #67 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey apropos of nothing just thought I'd point out Charlie Watts is way more important and influential than Lee "scratch" Perry and is deserving of the worldwide attention his death received and Lee's didn't.
    Not trashing Lee at all! I love his work and the Beastie Boys song about him. Don't get me wrong. Just pointing out the comparison for no reason

You just dont get it man since you actually play an instrument like its the olden days.

The best musicians last 30 years or so just "produce" meaning they take other peoples music and make loops and shit. duh.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-charlie-watts?tu=Elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.