2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by chris_p
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

I just heard Burke passed away just said news budgie has to be one of the most underrated bands in the history of music they should have been huge.. Budgie had many great albums I really love the song Parents.

#2 2 years ago

Sad. RIP

#3 2 years ago

Crazy, as Budgie has been in mind a lot with the Rush release (vocals being reminiscent for me at times).

Though underrated may be the wrong word. Under-known perhaps.

Anytime Budgie has come up with people that are aware of them (often record stores when looking), the commentary has perhaps been the most positive of any other.

Hugely influential to a lot of my favorite artists.

RIP

#4 2 years ago

No disrespect, but I never heard of them.

#5 2 years ago

Huge Budgie fan and caps off a really shifty day.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from 2manypins:

No disrespect, but I never heard of them.

So many great tunes and a perfect example
    You posted.

#7 2 years ago

Damn. End of an Era. I was fortunate enough to discover this band in 1971 in the import section of Hegewisch Records & Tapes - probably being promoted at the end of a rack, the guys there were so awesome - I saw Roger Bain's name on it and bought it. Imports were EXPENSIVE. It was such a BIG THING for me and my friends whenever a new Budgie album got released; no matter what we HAD planned, it turned into Budgie Weekend.

RIP Burke you changed all our lives for the best. Your every squawk lives on in my head, with every riff from Phillip's banging & Bourge's fish & chips paper-stuffed hollow body feeding back in the garage. Love & crumbs forever - your Breadfan Chris P

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-burke-shelly-of-budgie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.