Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Indypin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

indiana-chair.gif
    #1 8 months ago

I wonder if they buried him upside down so all his critics could kiss his ass

#2 8 months ago

His Classic press conference regarding Game faces Still makes me laugh to this day. R.I.P Bobby.

#3 8 months ago

(Just realized I posted this in the wrong forum)

#4 8 months ago

Really hope they have a folding chair leaned up next to the memorial. Would be perfect to go and throw it once for him.

#5 8 months ago
    indiana-chair.gifindiana-chair.gif
    #6 8 months ago

Dude had some serious temper problems!

He's strangling kids in heaven now.

#7 8 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dude had some serious temper problems!
    He's strangling kids in heaven now.

His players loved him despite the tough love

But maybe not the one he choked.

#8 8 months ago

Went to Texas Tech for my first degree and had the honor of watching him throw a chair at a practice.

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

His players loved him despite the tough love
    But maybe not the one he choked.

One?!

#10 8 months ago

While employed as a sheriffs deputy, I met Coach Knight several times whenever I worked security for many of his speaking arrangements. The fans and the crowd loved him. He had a sharp wit about him and an super, funny personality. The guys easily volunteered to work the details whenever they showed up because of how entertaining they were, not even requesting security pay to cover the detail.

I remember one incident we had a line of squad cars following him to the county line after a speaking arrangement. He pulled over with his entourage in order to get some gas at this small convenience store in the middle of the night. Many of the officers were afraid to approach him because of the bad press and they all stayed in their cars with their posters, prints, basketballs and photos that they wanted him to possibly sign.

I decided I was going to ask him for his autograph. I exited my patrol unit and walked up to him. Coach Knight began to make small talk with me, asking for directions on the best way to get back to Bloomington. Afterwards, I decided to make the move.

“Hey Coach”, I asked with a nervous but respectable tone to my voice, “would you mind signing this art print I have? There’s also some other guys here who may want your autograph as well” I added.

“Sure” Coach said with a smile.

As soon as I pulled the big art print out of my car I recall hearing a bunch of car doors suddenly open up near me, with a mad rush of sheriff deputies running towards me and the coach eager to get his autograph. He signed it “Best Wishes Larry” as one of my buddies snapped the picture. I currently have the print hanging in my man cave with the picture attached along with other things Coach Knight signed for me from other events. Coach Knight signed and chatted with every one of our officers there at the gas pumps. When the cashier inside realized what was going on, she immediately abandoned her work area and ran over to the magazine stand grabbing a fishing magazine, anything at all to get Coach Knight to sign and he graciously did.

So many memories with that man, watching him coach my beloved Hoosiers in many basketball games during the cold winter months in Indiana. I didn’t care who we got that year in regards to recruitment or All Americans because I knew Coach Knight would ALWAYS have a competitive and tough team who valued and wanted to play basketball at IU. I still think he could have had 4 National Championships at IU, but Myles Brand let Knight go leaving the reins of the basketball team that Bob Knight recruited and coach to Mike Davis. That team went to the National Championship that year, eventually losing to a team that eventually came to the Big Ten (Maryland). I can’t help but think if Knight was there things would have been different. IU hasn’t been the same and has never returned to the NC again, let alone make a big run in the tournament. Thanks Brand you worthless POS!

A salute to you Coach. A TRUE Indiana Legend. RIP Sir.

#11 8 months ago

Loved watching Knight School back in the day and getting an inside look at his coaching methods. As a youth baseball coach , there are many lessons I pick up on from watching different coaches and from Knight it was the reading of 'If' by Kipling which still resonates with a lot of the young players when I have them read it.

#12 8 months ago

Wouldn't even want to play for any coach that i had no fear of losing my life if i didn't give proper effort.

Rest of you tinker bell twats can Fk off.

#13 8 months ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Went to Texas Tech for my first degree and had the honor of watching him throw a chair at a practice.

All my kids went to Texas Tech. Still have one there.

Just texted us from Chimmys

To let us know some dude named David Dobrik was there. Who’s that? Some social media personality. Who cares ?

Love Lubbock though and went to several games there in the Knight era. It’s a great basketball school.

#14 8 months ago

Beat their asses up there Coach Knight.
    RIP

#15 8 months ago

This was my childhood hero. This one hurts.

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Wouldn't even want to play for any coach that i had no fear of losing my life if i didn't give proper effort.
    Rest of you tinker bell twats can Fk off.

#18 8 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I wonder if they buried him upside down so all his critics could kiss his ass

LMAO It was his last wish.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.