(Topic ID: 307702)

RIP Bob Saget

By chooch

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200530_152907 (resized).jpg
    download (65) (resized).jpg
    5d66ff8c924570d8ae11ecf5e9549717 (resized).jpg
    Bob Saget & Todd (resized).PNG
    BobSagetYearbook (resized).png
    1D5D102D-ED4B-468B-9BEE-F992842D3454 (resized).jpeg

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 2 years ago

Sad news and 65 is way to young. Grew up watching full house. You'll be missed.

#2 2 years ago

WTF! Damn. Looks like TMZ is reporting it. RIP

#3 2 years ago

No?!
    That's terrible, way too young.
    Very funny guy.
    RIP.

#4 2 years ago

Rest in peace. My perception of him soured in the years after AFHV when it came out that he was pretty sexist in his comedy, but it's sad news to hear of his passing. 65 is far too young.

#5 2 years ago

Well I just read this and found out whilst watching AFV with my family so, at least there's thats

#6 2 years ago

Godspeed Bob, thanks for all the laughs!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tvnj5

#7 2 years ago

First Norm…then Bob. How are they going before Artie Lange? Crazy.

RIP Bob.
    Long Live Artie.

#8 2 years ago

Wow, way too young. RIP Bob and thanks for making us laugh. I loved you on AFV, your movie role(s) and your stand up routines.

#9 2 years ago

Very funny indeed! RIP

#10 2 years ago

RIP Bob.

Quoted from Rarehero:

RIP Bob.
    Long Live Artie.

RIP Arties nose though.

#11 2 years ago

Just tragic. Loved everything he was in

#12 2 years ago

Damn, another one gone too soon!

#13 2 years ago

I’m pretty bummed, I grew up watching the guy. It looks like he went out on a high note, this was his last Twiter post from about 15 hours ago, he had just done a stand up set and it sounds like he had a great time!
    RIP Bob

1D5D102D-ED4B-468B-9BEE-F992842D3454 (resized).jpeg1D5D102D-ED4B-468B-9BEE-F992842D3454 (resized).jpeg

#14 2 years ago

Awful news, a brutal punch to the gut.
    God bless a wonderfully funny guy and a much better human being.
    An absolute class act.

#15 2 years ago

This sucks.

#16 2 years ago

I just saw him live in June; he seemed really happy to be doing standup again, and healthy. It was definitely a "Whoa" moment for me to hear that yesterday. (Also RIP Betty White.)

#17 2 years ago

Saw Bob Saturday night in Ponte Vedra. Turned out to be his last show ever. My wife and I were front row center and were conversing with him during the show. He was having a blast and was so very happy to be performing again. Was trying out a lot of material for an upcoming special. He was doing what he loved. Was over for over 2 hours and said a couple times jokingly "lock the doors" because he was going to keep us there all night he was having that much fun.

There was a father there with his older girls (he has three). Bob said he was him - and that Bob was so proud of his girls and the women they have become.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinlordMarc:

Rest in peace. My perception of him soured in the years after AFHV when it came out that he was pretty sexist in his comedy, but it's sad news to hear of his passing. 65 is far too young.

You’re not fooling anyone.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

RIP Bob.
    Long Live Artie.

I love Artie, but am seriously shocked he’s still with us. I just wish Hamptons Howie would take him back.

#20 2 years ago

RIP Bobby Such a nice guy!! I consider myself lucky meeting him he was real down to earth.

#21 2 years ago

Sad news to wake up to. Loved when he showed up on entourage. Before that I knew him as Americas favorite dad, Danny Tanner. To see him cursing, doing blow and hookers was hilarious.

RIP Bob

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinlordMarc:

OMG, you are a dumbass. Nothing is off limits in comedy, just ask Dave Chappelle. I guess you think Stephen Colbert is comedy also?

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

OMG, you are a dumbass. Nothing is off limits in comedy, just ask Dave Chappelle. I guess you think Stephen Colbert is comedy also?

Forget him.
    In his short time here, he’s proven himself to be a complete putz.

#24 2 years ago

Way way too young
    RIP Bob

#25 2 years ago

Was going to work with him March 4th at an upcoming gig. I have heard nothing but good things about Bob Saget and was very excited. I took a gig with Rob Schneider to then work with Bob and it was so not worth it now.

Thanks for allowing me to shoehorn myself and name drop into this thread.

#26 2 years ago

Way too young. Funny dude and a nice guy. What a shame. RIP, Bob.

#27 2 years ago

I came across this story today which has to be in the running for the most epic Bob Saget story ever!

https://twitter.com/bowl_of_worcel/status/1480364129315659788?s=21

#28 2 years ago

#29 2 years ago

He and Todd Tuckey were college buddies

#30 2 years ago

I knew Bob from Full House and never thought much of it , until I saw two stupid Australians doing a comedy tv show , Such a down-to-earth guy and fuck what a legend !

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

I love Artie, but am seriously shocked he’s still with us. I just wish Hamptons Howie would take him back.

The “Artie Years”/first few years on Sirius was just some of the funniest radio ever. I’ve only sporadically listened to Howard over the past few years. I honestly couldn’t tell you if it’s still good anymore. I kinda got bored when it was all about ragging on JD & Ronnie.

#32 2 years ago

Bob was the first comedy show i saw live. Way back in 2005 in Baltimore. First 2 shows sold out so they added a 3rd and we drove the 2 hours to see him. Great time. Laughed a lot that night.

#33 2 years ago

Very underrated comedian. RIP

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

He and Todd Tuckey were college buddies

Wow , Love you Todd , but I would have guessed you're a bit older

#35 2 years ago

One year older. Go to Todd's last You Tube video where he gets the news and then tells a couple stories.

#36 2 years ago

I had the pleasure of working with Bob Saget for two seasons when he hosted 1 vs 100 in 2006. I knew of him from Full House but was not familiar with his stand-up. Boy was I in for a treat!

He would riff constantly between takes and say some of the funniest, dirtiest things I've ever heard. He had the entire crew and all of the contestants in stitches.

I was in a hallway during one of the breaks and as he walked by, he struck up a brief conversation with me. I don't recall what we discussed, I just remember how personable and nice he was.

RIP Mr Saget and thanks for the memories.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

One year older.

That explains it

#38 2 years ago

Apparently he did some work with the Scleroderma Research Foundation - sounds like a class act.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Apparently he did some work with the Scleroderma Research Foundation - sounds like a class act.

RIP, I always remember him by an interview where he said the funniest thing ever on AMV was the one where the chimp smells his finger. Which, yes, is the funniest thing of all time.

#40 2 years ago

Bob was 65 and I am 66...we graduated together in 1978. He spent lots of time at the Student Activities Center Movie Theater that I ran...he loved watching my "Movie Memories" reels I created...splicing oddball shorts together, and doing random cutting to make the footage funny. In 2015, he came to Phila and I emailed him and he invited my daughter and I backstage after his show at the TLA theater...spent 30 minutes with him talking about old times...he also gave us the seats at his show....he was always naturally funny! AND...turns out, we are on same page in yearbook...not sure how SAGET and TUCKEY are that close together in the alphabet!
    This is at the precise moment during our live telecast last night that we found out he passed away...and I tell the story of our friendship...

Bob Saget & Todd (resized).PNGBob Saget & Todd (resized).PNGBobSagetYearbook (resized).pngBobSagetYearbook (resized).png
    #41 2 years ago

I'm loving these personal stories. Thanks guys.

#42 2 years ago

It looks like your school taught that T comes before S in the alphabet!

If it hadn't, you wouldn't have wound up on the same page...

#43 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing your story Todd, very cool that Bob made time to catch up with you after his show. It’s always nice when celebrities turn out to be good people in real life!

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Thanks for sharing your story Todd, cool that Bob made time to catch up with you after his show - it’s always nice when celebrities turn out to be good people in real life!

Yes, I agree....I certainly thought he would well outlive me though. Todd

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Yes, I agree....I certainly thought he would well outlive me though. Todd

When you get to our age level, you never know.

I was struck by how both of you in the recent pic look not much different than those old yearbook photos.

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobertWinter:

dirtiest things I've ever heard.

“I used to suck D for coke…I seen him”

#47 2 years ago

Been watching some deep-dive interviews and home recordings of live performances featuring Bob.
    I will be honest, I have heard some dark mess in my life. Much of it passed off as humour.
    Damn. This Guy was a nasty, foul piece of excrement of the highest order.
    The filthiest crap I have ever heard in my life and it wasn't funny.
    Won't even get into the subject matter but imagine the most perverted mess you have ever encountered.
    To think me and my Daughter used to love his AFHV.
    He has some answering to do and sadly. he will.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

He has some answering to do and sadly. he will.

He’s dead. He’s got nothing left to answer for.
    And yeah, I remember being kind of shocked hearing some of his more as you call it “vulgar” humor after having years of a character formed in my head about him from full house and the funny video show. But that’s just it, it was a character. He’s a comedian, and the vulgarity was on purpose to shock people who knew him as Danny Tanner.

From everything I’ve heard people say about him (including the very Christian Candace Cameron Bure) he was a pretty good dude. Bottom line, you probably shouldn’t judge the character of a lawyer by who he defends, an actor by who he portrays, or comedian by vulgarity of his act.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Bob was 65 and I am 66...we graduated together in 1978. He spent lots of time at the Student Activities Center Movie Theater that I ran...he loved watching my "Movie Memories" reels I created...splicing oddball shorts together, and doing random cutting to make the footage funny. In 2015, he came to Phila and I emailed him and he invited my daughter and I backstage after his show at the TLA theater...spent 30 minutes with him talking about old times...he also gave us the seats at his show....he was always naturally funny! AND...turns out, we are on same page in yearbook...not sure how SAGET and TUCKEY are that close together in the alphabet!
    This is at the precise moment during our live telecast last night that we found out he passed away...and I tell the story of our friendship...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing Todd. While many of us were fans of his, you were a friend. So sorry for your loss.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

He’s dead. He’s got nothing left to answer for.
    And yeah, I remember being kind of shocked hearing some of his more as you call it “vulgar” humor after having years of a character formed in my head about him from full house and the funny video show. But that’s just it, it was a character. He’s a comedian, and the vulgarity was on purpose to shock people who knew him as Danny Tanner.
    From everything I’ve heard people say about him (including the very Christian Candace Cameron Bure) he was a pretty good dude. Bottom line, you probably shouldn’t judge the character of a lawyer by who he defends, an actor by who he portrays, or comedian by vulgarity of his act.

You can tell the Vine or tree by the fruit it provides. This evil that is called "Comedy" was poison. Joking about pedophilia and every other bottom of the rung filth, I really couldn't believe it.
    And yes, there is a God, and a hereafter, and Bob Sagit will indeed answer for his perversions.
    My opinion, of course.

There are 95 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-bob-saget?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.