6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#23 6 years ago

I used to be a Christian(recovering for many years now). I wasn't a fan of this type of mega-church evangelicalism then. My opinion of it, and those who make millions plying the trade, has not improved in the intervening years.
So, while I tend to frown upon disparaging the dead, there will be no tears shed over Billy(or his spawn, for that matter, should Franky bite it in the near future) in my house(we are all Pastafarians here).

Quoted from Damonator:

I don't think you understand what the word Evangelism means

I'm sure he does. While I am also sure that a discussion of the vastly different interpretations of this particular religion would get a quick mod hammer, I think that you will find that, outside of the evangelical circles, evangelicalism as a movement or ideology is not regarded favorably, even by most Christians, let alone the rest of us.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

In both cases, he was using very differently sized items to make a point, but he wasn't being literal.

That's the best thing about the bible(for a believer). Adjust the document to fit reality.
We do it in IT all the time. If the actual implementation differs from the spec, redefine the spec.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Not I believe in a higher being or a creator, who believes that Jesus, the Son of God is the savior of all who put their faith in him?

I was. Now I'm a secular humanist. My "religious" views differ on how pissed off I am at <insert doofus religious thing> on a particular day. It ranges from atheist Satanism to something more resembling Dude-ism.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The real deal is out there, you just have to look for it.

Again, this is obviously going to get a mod post haste, but I spent years looking into it, and came out the other side with zero belief in anything supernatural, good or evil. Now, my only real interaction with religion is to attempt to minimize the negative impact on society in the small sphere of influence that I have.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

This one is about respect for the man. Take the hatred somewhere else.

Says the person who is mourning a preacher on a pinball site. If Anton LeVay bit it and I posted about it on a completely unrelated website, I would expect others to chime in, with all sorts of opinions.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThatOneDude.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-billy-graham?tu=ThatOneDude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.