(Topic ID: 223344)

R.I.P. Aretha Franklin

By Tuna_Delight

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fd83ffb51d0540088f8082a67c515f1f.cf (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

The Queen of Soul and a helluva talent!

#2 5 years ago

Stop what you're tryin' to do to me... Takes off his apron and grabs his guitar. Ok, Jake let's go.

#3 5 years ago

She cancelled on me twice at Jazzfest.

Rip!

#4 5 years ago

Yes, I have been feeling pretty bummed today...

Thankfully, I was able to see her perform many years ago; she put on a fabulous show! And we'll always be able to listen to her recordings.

Although I'm sad, I'm also happy that she was here and I was able to witness her talent.

There's a new singer in the heavenly choir!...R.I.P.

#5 5 years ago

Queen of Soul and so much more. Phenomenal talent.........

As a side note, we need a Blues Brothers Pin........................

#6 5 years ago
    fd83ffb51d0540088f8082a67c515f1f.cf (resized).pngfd83ffb51d0540088f8082a67c515f1f.cf (resized).png
    #7 5 years ago

What a talent! Hope she is performing for those angels tonight!

#8 5 years ago

Sad news to hear. A great performer.

LTG : (

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

The Queen of Soul and a helluva talent!

Sucks. Matt "Guitar" Murphy from that famous Blues Brothers scene with her also passed away recently in June.

#10 5 years ago

R.E. EST IN P. E. C.

#11 5 years ago

I just read on Monday that doctors ordered her to stay home from any tours. Illness must have been further along. Sad day.

#12 5 years ago

RIP my local radio station's been playing her stuff all day...

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I just read on Monday that doctors ordered her to stay home from any tours. Illness must have been further along. Sad day.

Cancer of the pancreas. Very low survival rate. Moves fast and shows no mercy. It is what got Patrick Swayze. It's what got my sister----diagnosis, 4 months of suffering, then its over.

#14 5 years ago

DON'T YOU BLASPHEME IN HERE!
    RIP Queen.

#15 5 years ago

Cotton I'm sorry about your sister. It took my Aunt too, but that's not like a sister. Sorry for your loss bud.

#16 5 years ago

This is the kind of stuff you’ll find at the pinnacle of Western culture:

RIP to a genuine one of a kind talent, we probably won’t hear anyone else this uniquely great in our lifetimes.

#17 5 years ago

I've been putting off buying a record player for years. Tomorrow I am going to buy one and all the Aretha I can find.

#18 5 years ago

RIP

My favorite cover song by her. Doesn't get played much. Great horns. Crank it up!

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Cotton I'm sorry about your sister. It took my Aunt too, but that's not like a sister. Sorry for your loss bud.

Thanks. It's all cool. She been gone for 32 years. The sting of the loss has long past.

#20 5 years ago

Chain Chain Chain Live version my favorite.

vid is titled Mariah and Aretha which is backwards. But the song still kicks.

#21 5 years ago

Some final classic Aretha for the night:

#22 5 years ago

Bummer... total R.E.S.P.E.C.T for her accomplishments in music. RIP.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Some final classic Aretha for the night:

Thanks; I really needed that.

Man, she could really bring it, couldn't she?

#24 5 years ago

You're welcome and she sure could. Amazing example of talent overcoming life's challenges. I was reading up on her bio last night and was not previously aware that she had her first two kids when she was only 12 and 14. Yikes!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-aretha-franklin?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.