Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by PaulCoff
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6468 (resized).jpeg
    Allen Cihak Facebook Hacked (resized).JPG
    698pic (resized).jpg
    19d473f515bdb8d6fa8866225f9dc47172e71aa2 (resized).jpeg
    839B0594-1497-4DEE-8DD3-CAA292FB77C5 (resized).jpeg
    9489A7C3-CF90-4918-B79F-E2F9A6EF8EEC (resized).jpeg
    8770012D-95EA-4DFC-9C3C-76B2D1C2F10B (resized).jpeg
    DEAA94C0-2AC6-4FC0-BC95-E86CD42F9B28 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    61383E55-ABC2-4EE5-9A66-D738460F9932 (resized).png
    1014F44E-A0E5-4AE4-8881-7570F4B143F1.jpeg
    image001 (resized).jpg
    image001 (resized).jpg
    image001 (resized).jpg
    Al PPSept242020 (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 4.01.24 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigehrl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 2 years ago

NYC, and the pinball world as a whole, just became a little less fun. RIP, buddy.

image0 (resized).jpegimage0 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpegimage10 (resized).jpegimage10 (resized).jpegimage11 (resized).jpegimage11 (resized).jpegimage12 (resized).jpegimage12 (resized).jpegimage13 (resized).jpegimage13 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage2 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage3 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage4 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpegimage5 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpegimage6 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpegimage7 (resized).jpegimage8 (resized).jpegimage8 (resized).jpegimage9 (resized).jpegimage9 (resized).jpeg
    #45 2 years ago
    Quoted from mikespins:

Tonight's flipping will only be on the 2 pins that were Al's, all the rest will be off.
    RIP Al.
    [quoted image]

That's a really cool way to honor him. He would appreciate that a lot.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I am so saddened to hear that he passed. The pinball world will miss you Al.
    He was the only guy that ever offered me a popsicle at a pinball show.

i hope you accepted.

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from HarryReimer:

That has to be DiFara's he loved that place.

He did love DiFara's. Talked about it daily. He also loved the spicy chicken sandwich from Commodore, just down the street from Jackbar, where he operated a Gilligan's Island. But one of his all time favorites was the pork sandwich from Porchetta (now closed) in the e. village. He must've eaten 3 of those a week. He operated pinball in so many food spots, pizza shops, ice cream parlors, etc.. and he would make it a point to get something every time he went to service them. I don't know how he didn't weight 300lbs.

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I’d be the guy always trying to snatch that fat stack over there. $is that a stack of bills? Like I said. They would all be like where did that go?

al always had cash. hanging out of his pockets, in the van, whether on the floor, the seat, or flying out the window. i always used to say, easiest way to become rich, just follow 2 min behind al all day, every day.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would say dimension, TSPP or TZ. He prefered stop and go games. Dimension he loved because his college roommate brought one to his dorm back in the day.
    In later years his favorite pinball was whatever made the most money in his cashbox on route.

Levi i think nailed it. He always loved to tell people about the Dimension in his Albany dorm Suite. That machine probably witnessed more partying than a couch cushion in the Champagne room!

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some footage of Al at Allentown from my ole public access cable show.
    Inside footage starts about 10 minutes in:

i tried dialing the number on the screen to order one of those Hollywood Heats that you raved about the gameplay, and the automated message told me that if i know my party's extension, to please dial it now. so i just gave up.

#113 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just got some pretty amazing news they are gonna paint Al on the wall at Pioneers near his pinball machines. We'll have to do a little dedication thing there.[quoted image]

that's amazing! someone needs to get a hold of a RAZA playfield with him and Eddie on it. i'd love to hang one of those in Jackbar over the TZ.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I remember being right up front with Al when POTC was shown at TPF. Me and Al were the first 2 people to play the proto type games. We were side by side. Al I will miss you my friend.

Quoted from Gryszzz:

LOL.
    He was the 1st one to play it at the Expo reveal too.

Al had an uncanny ability to work his way to the front of any crowd.

4 months later
    #141 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This was a typically insane Al project that many of us tried to talk him out of.
    It made him happy, so that’s really all that matters I guess. What happened to the 10 games he shipped down there I have no idea.

i told his brother about them when we spoke. Can't say whether he retrieved them or not. I think we were all banking on them being a permanent loan.

10 months later
    #178 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

5 minutes ago...I got this Facebook message from "Allen".
    Allen's Facebook has been hacked and I'd bet this is a virus.
    It you get it....DON"T click it.
    I guess I need to unfriend my buddy's account....sad.
    [quoted image]

i got that too. very spooky.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigehrl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-al-cihak-pinaholic?tu=bigehrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.