• Latest reply 3 years ago by Pickle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1_63uV5lM3LH3iGdtqP-0gGg (resized).jpeg
027A92D6-C570-459A-8CE5-F59953B1DBA1 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Los Angeles legend. Man I still remember when he ran out the dugout in the 88” win. Glad he got to see 1 more.

027A92D6-C570-459A-8CE5-F59953B1DBA1 (resized).jpeg027A92D6-C570-459A-8CE5-F59953B1DBA1 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

#4 3 years ago

My favorite sega genesis baseball game was Tommy Lasorda baseball. Rip

#5 3 years ago

Watch "Tommy Lasorda Goes Crazy At Umpires During Reggie Jackson Sticking Leg Out Non Call!" on YouTube

#6 3 years ago

I was fortunate enough to get to share a box with Mr. Lasorda during the World Baseball Classic. The only guy to maybe love baseball more than me. He was a wealth of knowledge and stories. The game lost a great ambassador. Rest well Tommy, you deserve it.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Watch "Tommy Lasorda Goes Crazy At Umpires During Reggie Jackson Sticking Leg Out Non Call!" on YouTube

Those NY vs LA series were some of the greatest games.

#8 3 years ago

He was one of the true characters in modern day baseball but he also had such a passion for the sport.

#9 3 years ago

Aw man thats a sad day for baseball. Ive always hated on the Dodgers but couldnt help but love Tommy. If youve never heard it, you have to go search “Tommy Lasorda Kurt Bevacqua” for one of the most hilarious interview meltdowns ever. And the video of him kicking the Philly Phanatics ass is just as good. RIP Tommy!

#10 3 years ago

Sad day for us Dodgers fans. A true fn legend..can’t think of the boys in blue w out thinking of him, Koufax, Robinson, and Vin Scully. We lost a baseball great today

#11 3 years ago

spent the last couple of hours watching Lasorda on youtube. There is a lot of great material. Sorry to read he has passed. My childhood continues to be further fleeting.

#12 3 years ago

93. A life well lived.
Nothing but love for Tommy.
-mof

#13 3 years ago

Tommy was awesome. Great manager, great character, and he taught me I could lose weight by drinking a tasty shake for breakfast and lunch when paired with a sensible dinner.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Tommy was awesome. Great manager, great character, and he taught me I could lose weight by drinking a tasty shake for breakfast and lunch when paired with a sensible dinner.

Yeah I wish I could be as eat as I wanted like Tommy and live to 93. I feel like if I eat another burger today I might drop.

#15 3 years ago

Tommy's best man from his wedding lived on my street as kid His son was one of my best friends. When I was around 12 he played basketball with us when he stopped in to visit on a road trip. Shirts and skins. He taught us the pick and roll. Great guy, I learned a few Italian swear words that day.

#16 3 years ago

So glad that he got to see his beloved Dodgers win the World Series before he left us. Sad week for the Dodger organization with Vin Scully's wife passing a few days ago and now Tommy.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

And the video of him kicking the Philly Phanatics ass is just as good. RIP Tommy!

#18 3 years ago

RIP. Prank call from the Stern show is good —

#19 3 years ago

Coincidentally was watching the 2001 All Star game today. Watching Tommy in slo mo going down like BAM! ROFL. RIP Mr.Lasorda.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from seeburg220:

Coincidentally was watching the 2001 All Star game today. Watching Tommy in slo mo going down like BAM! ROFL. RIP Mr.Lasorda.

Damn, he had some moves

#21 3 years ago

One of the all time greats baseball will miss another of it's true legends, RIP Tommy

#22 3 years ago

Don Rickles and Tommy in the dugout during a Dodgers game in 1977. Two of the greatest characters ever.
Thank you Tommy for all my childhood Baseball memories .
Tommy and Vinny, were baseball in L.A. growing up.

RIP.
1_63uV5lM3LH3iGdtqP-0gGg (resized).jpeg1_63uV5lM3LH3iGdtqP-0gGg (resized).jpeg

#23 3 years ago

Pride of Norristown, Pa. RIP Mr. Lasorda

#24 3 years ago

At a young age I leaned of rivalries because of Lasorda.....in the 80’s the Dodgers were coming into Houston to play the Astros who just moved into 1st place. Lasorda was asked what he thought about the Astros being in first place. He said they are just renting it! I was probably 10 years old at the time and we wine to the game. We sat in the outfield and someone hung a sign at the start of the game that was in the shape of a penis that said “Rent this Lasorda!”. It was gone by the 3rd inning. To this day I still think it is one of the best signs I have seen at a game. I am sure footage of it exists somewhere and would love to find it. He is a baseball legend for sure and will be missed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rip-2-tommy-lasorda-93?hl=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.