(Topic ID: 237122)

Legends of Valhalla (LOV) - Riot Pinball's New WIP...

By T-800

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 391 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Twister
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.12.33 PM (resized).png
LOV_Are_Skills_Sharpened_Brochure_BACK_10_22_2021_RGB_01 (resized).jpeg
LOV_Ad_FRONT_CoinOp-Brochure_RGB_10_22_2021 (resized).jpeg
API_LOV_Cabinet_DSC_4895_10_22_2021-scaled (resized).jpeg
Friday Oct23-2021 (resized).jpeg
20200902_191912 (resized).jpg
20200902_191925 (resized).jpg
20200902_192305 (resized).jpg
20200902_222812 (resized).jpg
20200827_211713 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190908_165404 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
B2E7B9D3-0ABD-4316-AED8-B546773B0BA8.jpeg
20200819_121101 (resized).jpg
20200817_221009 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 391 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 3 years ago

Thanks! I’ll start reading up on this.

#302 3 years ago

So Riot is currently building sample #6 for Scott while it shops the game around. In the interim, how about making a dozen production games for those at top of list? These game should include physical and software feedback from sample games which establishes that a consistent, reliable final model of the game can be built. 10 games could go to to enthusiasts, one to Riot and one saved for contract manufacturer to gauge his versus the final build state.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

So Riot is currently building sample #6 for Scott while it shops the game around. In the interim, how about making a dozen production games for those at top of list? These game should include physical and software feedback from sample games which establishes that a consistent, reliable final model of the game can be built. 10 games could go to to enthusiasts, one to Riot and one saved for contract manufacturer to gauge his versus the final build state.

Great idea!! Now you must realize though that the elves in Norse mythology, álfar, are quite a bit different than Santa’s elves... so I’m not certain they’ll be up for building those 12 production games you’re hoping for.

Sorry for the poor attempt at humor... but I do think if this project keeps building steam like i expect it will, you and many others will get your wish for a production run. This game really does need to come to the masses... it’s that good!!

#304 3 years ago

So I see how to collect weapons which allow me to access different tiers of modes.

How do I start a mode? Will modes always be ready to start as long as I have the required amount of weapons required to play a tier of modes and I’m not already in something else that locks out mode start?

#305 3 years ago

Start a battle by shooting the scoop, behind the middle left flipper, or right shooter lane. There are green arrows lit whenever a battle is ready (which is anytime some other hurryup or MB isn't in progress).
If you do not have enough weapons to play a battle, which is rare, the game will tell you to collect more weapons.
You have 4 battles available at game start and 1 weapon and only need 2 weapons (collect 1) to unlock the next 4 battles.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

So I see how to collect weapons which allow me to access different tiers of modes.
How do I start a mode? Will modes always be ready to start as long as I have the required amount of weapons required to play a tier of modes and I’m not already in something else that locks out mode start?

#306 3 years ago

Oh cool. Start with one weapon. Thanks!

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh cool. Start with one weapon. Thanks!

You are my hero...lol
Have fun and take a video...

#308 3 years ago

Stream scheduled for 8/24! Sorry it wasn’t sooner. Had to work out stuff with my schedule.

I’ll be streaming from SDTMpinball on twitch and will be during the day like 1 or 2pm to 4pm. We will make sure and save to YT as well.

Eastern time.

#309 3 years ago

I very much hope you'll be able to mass produce this game. Licensed themes are nice. I own a bunch of them and will likely be buying more. But I love original themes like this one. In unlicensed pins you're free to let your creativity run wild without the limitations imposed by the license holders. And by the looks of it, you really ran with LOV. It looks so cool...plus I'm a huge fan of Viking history and lore. If this is mass produced, it's an immediate buy for me. Great work!

#310 3 years ago

What The Flip is streaming this tomorrow starting at 4:00pm eastern.

Http://twitch.tv/WhatTheFlip

#311 3 years ago

Oh, I'll try to join! Who's game? Make sure its updated!

Quoted from thirdedition:

What The Flip is streaming this tomorrow starting at 4:00pm eastern.

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Oh, I'll try to join! Who's game? Make sure its updated!

I believe he is updating today. It is the same game that Chuck has access to (sorry buddy). On location at Pinball Garage in Hamilton Ohio.

#313 3 years ago

I believe he is updating today. It is the same game that Chuck has access to (sorry buddy). On location at Pinball Garage in Hamilton Ohio.

The more eyes on this awesome game the better! Can’t wait to tune in.

#314 3 years ago

Going live on location and it should be on the new code.

Valhalla-Announce (resized).pngValhalla-Announce (resized).png
#315 3 years ago

Thanks to those that tuned in, we are going to export the VOD over to Youtube here soon.

The video will be here for the next couple of weeks. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701413732

I have to say this game is a ton of fun, we had an absolute blast playing it. The shots are great and the code seems to be very polished. Kudos to the Riot team, and a huge thanks to Frank Gigliotti for tuning in and giving us some guidance and tips.

#316 3 years ago

I'm so drooling right now

when these go up for sale ??????

#317 3 years ago

Thanks to those that tuned in, we are going to export the VOD over to Youtube here soon.
The video will be here for the next couple of weeks. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701413732
I have to say this game is a ton of fun, we had an absolute blast playing it. The shots are great and the code seems to be very polished. Kudos to the Riot team, and a huge thanks to Frank Gigliotti for tuning in and giving us some guidance and tips.

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun playing; thanks for streaming! Great to hear you like the shots. This video and the game play is exactly why we were excited when Brad offered his game up. We have so much we can go back and look thru for improving on the next round of games both from a software and hardware side of things. Hopefully the next round comes sooner than later. Stay tuned...

1 week later
#318 3 years ago

I just played this at the Pinball Garage, and gotta say I was very impressed. Shots flowed well, artwork was great. Reminded me of a good WPC game. VERY well done.

Two issues we noticed:

1. Buddy asked me who made the game. I couldn't remember so just said to look on the machine. Well, we couldn't find anything. No mention of manufacturer or copyright anywhere, just the designer names on the right-hand rule card. No biggie but odd to not see a manufacturer name or logo anywhere on playfield, backglass or cabinet.

2. I was P1 on ball 3, shot the side ramp to load the ship for lock 3. Screen flashed lock 3, but the ball squirted out of the ship somehow and and drained SDTM. P2 stepped up to see "Next Jackpot 300K" or similar on the screen, and plunged into my multiball (he got autolaunches for the other balls). I don't think that's supposed to happen. FWIW, my lock 2 also failed to stay in the ship but I was able to catch it and keep playing.

#319 3 years ago

Thanks for playing our game and giving comments and glad you had a good experience.

The game you played is one of 6 sample games in the USA. This particular game is the only one in an arcade so we are gathering data from it.
Since its a sample game we do not have the RIOT PINBALL markings on the backglass/cabinet. The production games will have it for sure if we get it to production.

The ship lock incident you noticed has been reviewed and determined to be caused by an out of alignment ship post (that holds the balls in the ship). The owner knows of the issue and will be addressing it as soon as he can.
I'll have to grab the logs from your particular game since the game should compensate for a ball that is errantly released from the ship and not start multiball late. Once the ship post is aligned the owner can turn on physical locks again and 3 balls can be locked in the ship and start multiball.

Quoted from metallik:

I just played this at the Pinball Garage, and gotta say I was very impressed. Shots flowed well, artwork was great. Reminded me of a good WPC game. VERY well done.
Two issues we noticed:
1. Buddy asked me who made the game. I couldn't remember so just said to look on the machine. Well, we couldn't find anything. No mention of manufacturer or copyright anywhere, just the designer names on the right-hand rule card. No biggie but odd to not see a manufacturer name or logo anywhere on playfield, backglass or cabinet.
2. I was P1 on ball 3, shot the side ramp to load the ship for lock 3. Screen flashed lock 3, but the ball squirted out of the ship somehow and and drained SDTM. P2 stepped up to see "Next Jackpot 300K" or similar on the screen, and plunged into my multiball (he got autolaunches for the other balls). I don't think that's supposed to happen. FWIW, my lock 2 also failed to stay in the ship but I was able to catch it and keep playing.

#320 3 years ago

Our stream has been posted to YouTube for those that would like to check it out.

#321 3 years ago

I fixed the ship lock issue and we are running a new, updated code! Swing back by for another game! It just keeps getting better and better!!!

Quoted from metallik:

Two issues we noticed:

#322 3 years ago

Anything specific to note in the new code I won’t see on the rules list I have? Can’t wait to play this again Monday!

Plan is to have the stream set up by 2pm Monday the 24th. Possible I will have it ready to go before then so have notifications turned on! Eastern time.

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#323 3 years ago

Just a quick update for those following this thread. All six of the initial prototypes have been completed. So far so good. I built one final seventh prototype for myself. This one is called the "ALLFATHER EDITION" after the god Odin himself. Feels good to have the build complete... for now.

Also found these cool miniatures from the board game Blood Rage and took my first stab at painting them. I think a few will fit nicely in the game as a mod - Odin certainly looks like he'll find a place although I'm still working on a bracket for final placement. Hope the stream goes well tomorrow and thanks again to all for all of the feedback, it's been awesome.

20200817_221403 (resized).jpg20200817_221403 (resized).jpg20200817_221009 (resized).jpg20200817_221009 (resized).jpg20200819_120954 (resized).jpg20200819_120954 (resized).jpg20200819_121101 (resized).jpg20200819_121101 (resized).jpg20200819_121137 (resized).jpg20200819_121137 (resized).jpg20200816_204538 (resized).jpg20200816_204538 (resized).jpg20200816_221718 (resized).jpg20200816_221718 (resized).jpg20200819_121600 (resized).jpg20200819_121600 (resized).jpg20200817_202044 (resized).jpg20200817_202044 (resized).jpg

#324 3 years ago

For the love of all that is holy someone get this game into mass production!

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I agree. I’m all in if this goes mass production

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Honestly a no brainer. Perfect for anyone to pick up at this stage. Game is tried and true after 7 builds at a production quality equal or above that of most other manufacturers.

Also probably the best non licensed theme and execution of the theme of all time.

#327 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Honestly a no brainer. Perfect for anyone to pick up at this stage. Game is tried and true after 7 builds at a production quality equal or above that of most other manufacturers.
Also probably the best non licensed theme and execution of the theme of all time.

Blue it will look amazing next to a Bally Viking!

#328 3 years ago

Game looks complete except for .... a cool topper. It needs to be substantial, have lights, be interactive and at least the size of AFMr or MMr’s. If this pin was being released by any manufacturer, people would be screaming where’s the topper? I suggest getting out in front of the issue by creating and building seven (one per engineering samples) toppers now.

Imagine a lifelike bust of a Viking in armor staring down while you plunder the world.

B2E7B9D3-0ABD-4316-AED8-B546773B0BA8.jpegB2E7B9D3-0ABD-4316-AED8-B546773B0BA8.jpeg

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Game looks complete except for .... a cool topper. It needs to be substantial, have lights, be interactive and at least the size of AFMr or MMr’s. If this pin was being released by any manufacturer, people would be screaming where’s the topper? I suggest getting out in front of the issue by creating and building seven (one per engineering samples) toppers now.
Imagine a lifelike bust of a Viking in armor staring down while you plunder the world.
[quoted image]

Totally Agree. Blow way the competition on a topper.

#330 3 years ago

Totally agree. The recent homemade Iron Maiden toppers that was posted on FB would be a good model. Maybe even a skeleton Viking with axes behind it.

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Totally agree. The recent homemade Iron Maiden toppers that was posted on FB would be a good model. Maybe even a skeleton Viking with axes behind it.

That Iron Maiden handmade topper is EPIC. Wow.

I was thinking something like this for the topper. JK.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#332 3 years ago

Scott, are you, Frank, and I the only ones that opted for the topper option?

I assumed all 7 went for that option...

#333 3 years ago

I'm ready. Bring it on.

20190908_165404 (resized).jpg20190908_165404 (resized).jpg
#334 3 years ago

This looks really great. Will this be mass produced? or stopping with the seven? I think you could sell quite a few of these.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

after all these years, its nice to see you actually back people who build complete machines before they try to sell them.

#336 3 years ago

Nice one Scott.

Art blades would also be awesome on production games or good old fashioned mirror blades.

I like the mini figs Scott. I still haven’t finalized what I want to do.

The add ons for LOV from ULEK store are going to take a bit. Dave is a bit busy.

#337 3 years ago

Reminder. I will be going live with this game tomorrow around 1:30-2pm eastern. Come check it out!

www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

#338 3 years ago

Recording from today’s stream. Might take a bit for 1080p to be available so might want to wait before trying to view. I almost got to Valhalla so you get to see a lot of the game in this video for those interested. This was new code as well. Enjoy!

I can’t stress enough how good this game is. Haha

#339 3 years ago

That was fun to watch! Thanks for streaming and playing so well.

#340 3 years ago

Thanks for the tips. It was very helpful and felt like I had a really good handle on the game towards the end. Read the rulesheet again after the stream and helped clear up some things too.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the tips. It was very helpful and felt like I had a really good handle on the game towards the end. Read the rulesheet again after the stream and helped clear up some things too.

Thanks for the great video! Scott & Frank deserve for this game to be made. Could easily be pin of the year!

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from shakenbake:

Thanks for the great video! Scott & Frank deserve for this game to be made. Could easily be pin of the year!

If you build it they will come.....
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#343 3 years ago

Hello friends!!!!.
This machine will arrive in Europe?

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hello friends!!!!.
This machine will arrive in Europe?

Maybe, but game is not currently being produced. Riot is shopping the pin to find a manufacturer.

#345 3 years ago

Please! Please! Please! We need a good manufacturer to pick this up. Today Stern teased yet another Marvel game and word on the street is that JJP’s next will be Toy Story. I have zero interest in either of those offerings. But I’d be jumping out of my skin to get an LOV.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Please! Please! Please! We need a good manufacturer to pick this up. Today Stern teased yet another Marvel game and word on the street is that JJP’s next will be Toy Story. I have zero interest in either of those offerings. But I’d be jumping out of my skin to get an LOV.

Same here. Look great next to my GOT.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

¡¡¡¡Hola amigos!!!!.
¿Esta máquina llegará a Europa?

okkķkk thanks!!!!

#348 3 years ago

Finished hand painting Odin and Hel. Created custom bases and brackets for them and mounted them in the game. Hel is an added bonus in that she is also helping with a ball trap in that area as well as pointing the way for the rapid fire of the ball exiting Hell via the scoop. And Odin, well, he just looks bad ass hovering between the gates of Valhalla, guarding their entrance. Thor is next and almost done...

20200902_192305 (resized).jpg20200902_192305 (resized).jpg20200902_222812 (resized).jpg20200902_222812 (resized).jpg20200902_191925 (resized).jpg20200902_191925 (resized).jpg20200902_191912 (resized).jpg20200902_191912 (resized).jpg20200827_211713 (resized).jpg20200827_211713 (resized).jpg

#349 3 years ago

This game looks incredible!! I truly hope this gets picked up! There are not enough original games mass produced anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I do love licensed games but this feels so fresh. Wish I was closer to check it out in person! Well done, truly looks amazing.

3 weeks later
#350 3 years ago

Just thought I’d jump in and say, love the play field, love the theme (see user name); and would love to hear some news on a manufacturer picking this game up... if not, how about a kit (play field/boards/ software/instructions). I’d have fun putting it together.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
7,500 (OBO)
There are 391 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riot-pinball-new-wip/page/7?hl=odenonmyside513 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.