• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Cycloneman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I turned on my DM last night to play a few games with the wife and the report / credit dot thing came up. I went into the menu and it said Right Trough Switch. Does anyone know where I would find the Right Trough Switch? I pulled the glass and went into the switch menu where when you push something it tells you which switch you triggered. The problem was that I can't seem to find the right trough.

Also, once you view the report, does it ever come back again? After messing around with it, the credit dot disappeared. We played 4 or 5 games and it didn't come back again.

Any ideas?

#3 9 years ago

Where is the switch? I think my game has optos in the trough, so would that still be listed as a switch? I think there are 4 or 5 optos in there, so would this be the one all the way to the right? I'm still new, so my knowledge base is very limited.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Do you remember what switch number?

I don't. I'm going to take a picture of it if/when it appears again.

Quoted from dmacy:

Any “spirited” nudging

I tilted it the other day by accident. I was a little overzealous having Demolition Time lit on the 3rd ball and losing it down one of the outlanes. While trying to save it I tilted it. It wasn't anything crazy or anything.

I was trying to level it after I played it the last time. There seems to be more gap on one side between the cabinet and playfield than on the other. Maybe lifting it up and putting it down so many times jarred something out of alignment. I was having an issue with the level because the inserts throw off my level. I would get it level, but then the playfield posts (Whatever they are called that snap in when you lower the playfield). I've also been having issues getting off the lockdown bar. It's really hard to pull up.

Perhaps all this messing around I did messed something up?

#8 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure Dave (dmacy) told me that the boards and trough were replaced right before I bought the machine from him.

Good to know about the lockdown bar. I was beginning to get concerned that there was something way out of alignment because it was so hard to get off. Nothing looks out of place, but it really takes some force and wiggling on the left side to get it off.

Quoted from dmacy:

If it went away the problem cleared but I’d still be checking over connections at the opto boards for the trough and make sure you have good connections on the switch connections on the bottom right of back box.

I'll check the connections for now and let things be until it throws the error again. If it happens again, I'll report back with more detailed information.

#11 9 years ago

You thought of everything when you fixed up that machine, didn't you?

The wife and I probably have close to 1000 games on it since I bought it from you.

2 weeks later
#13 9 years ago

The error is back. It came up after me replacing one of the flaky LEDs, which apparently isn't the issue. I guess it's the socket that needs replaced. Anyway, fired it back up and got the credit dot. Report says "Check Switch 31 Trough 1 (Right). If the playfield is down and all 5 balls are loaded the trough board shows the following LEDs.

This is the board closest to the back box:

Jam - Red
#1 - Off
#2 - Off
#3 - Off
#4 - Off
#5 - Off
#6 - Green

Board closest to the coin door:

PWR - Red
LED1 - Green
LED2 - Green

If I remove all 5 balls, all LEDs on both boards are lit. As I drop in each ball, it's corresponding LED shuts off. So other than the light that says "Jam" everything appears to be working the way I would expect. Please keep in mind, I'm still learning how this thing works so I could be way off.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#14 9 years ago

I'm stumped. I put it in switch test mode and removed all 5 balls. Dropped them in one at a time registered all 6 switches including switch 31 which was flagged as bad. So according to switch test, everything was fine. After exiting the mode, the credit dot disappeared and all appears to be normal.

Anyone know why the game would act completely normal, throw a switch 31 error, test fine and then suddenly disappear?

3 years later
#16 5 years ago

Actually no, it went away by itself and never came back. Sorry I can't be more help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 81.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 72.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-trough-switch?tu=spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.