11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by tsool
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Leaf_adjustment_tool.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Hi all,
    the right slingshot shoots sometimes w/o the ball being there. Especially when I hit the right paddle and it moves, the slingshot fires as well.

Stern told me I needed to move the two contacts.However, if I look at the slingshot, it looks exactly like the left slingshot. I do not see a difference. Any idea/hints what to do so it does not fire and where I can find an explanation how to adjust it?

Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

POWER OFF.

Now remove the slingshot plastic and look down at the points. Be sure they are clean and not all bent up.

The front long blade should just be resting on the rubber ring - not pushing it, or away from it, just resting on it.

The shorter rear blade should be far enough away so vibration doesn't set it off ( your problem ) yet the slightest ball hit trigger it.

A little tweaking, bending, adjusting - and you'll be good to go.

After a couple tries as you learn how to do this, you'll be an expert at it.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Sounds like the leaf switches are making contact (or at least are very close together).

One way to check this is to put a business card in between the contact points of the switch and see it this still happens.

What you most likely need to do is separate the contacts a bit more then they are so the vibration doesn't cause the slings switch to close and fire off.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Like LTG said

#4 11 years ago

I find this little tool comes in handy for situations like this ...

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

Leaf_adjustment_tool.jpgLeaf_adjustment_tool.jpg

#6 11 years ago

All excellent answers, nothing to add this covered it.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I find this little tool comes in handy for situations like this ...
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

My NIB Tron started doing this. So I grabbed this little guy and tweeked the leaf spring and voila it was all fixed.
    Also, I read that the 'adjustment' is best made at the lower part of the leaf, closer to the wires.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from tekhmaster:

Also, I read that the 'adjustment' is best made at the lower part of the leaf, closer to the wires.

That is my approach yes, as the lever principle is (hopefully) also valid for pinball machines

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-slingshot-shooting-wo-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.