(Topic ID: 276812)

Right slingshot leaf switch wiring picture please?

By AlexRogan84

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1825 (resized).jpg
IMG_1823 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I got my LW3 about a month ago and the right slingshot was not working. Turns out the upper leaf switch had one of the tabs broken off and so the wiring to it was no longer connected.

I have a replacement switch in and attempted to solder back into place the wires exactly as they were previously located. Trouble is, I'm not sure they were in the correct place to begin with.

I have attached two pictures, one of the leftside slingshot which works fine and then my rightside slingshot which is not working. This picture is with my replacement upper leaf switch installed. I did get the diode back attached and the little blue highlighted end is towards the middle tab.

I did go through the machine's diagnostics and I can get the slingshot to fire the coil when forcing it to, it just won't fire when you hit the switches with the ball.

Anyone have some pictures they could share or tell me what might be wrong on my own? Only difference I see for sure from left to right is on the right I have a pair of white with blue wires and the left side only has a single white with blue wire in that same spot.

IMG_1823 (resized).jpgIMG_1823 (resized).jpgIMG_1825 (resized).jpgIMG_1825 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Trouble is, I'm not sure they were in the correct place to begin with.

Look carefully at the leaf blade switch that is working. Two leaf blades make contact at the top to complete a switch closure, each of these have a lug hooked to them. One lug doesn't do anything.

The lug that doesn't do anything gets a white wire(s) with blue stripe and black end of the diode. The silver band end of the diode and white jumper goes to a lug of a leaf blade with a contact at the top. The green wire and white jumper wire goes to a lug with a leaf blade with a contact at the top.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Thanks a lot for that explanation. The slingshot is working now. I'd love to tell you why, but I don't know! I looked it all over again, like you described, and while I didn't move any wiring connections, I might have wiggled something snug again. Who knows?! If it was something that was only sort of a good connection, it'll likely stop working just as spontaneously. If that happens, I'll look at it all over again. Thanks again.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

If that happens, I'll look at it all over again.

Maybe needed the contacts cleaned ? Wiggling can work wonders.

LTG : )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Hilton, NY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,481 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
York, NE
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-slingshot-leaf-switch-wiring-picture-please?hl=alexrogan84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.