(Topic ID: 194521)

Right hand flippers keep blowing fuse

By sethbenjamin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hey - I finally got my Rollergames restored and working 100%. Had a couple of odd problems to track down related to corroded coils and my own bad solder joints, but it's working perfectly now.
    EXCEPT, when I play the game for a while, the righthand flippers blow the aux. driver board fuse (can't recall if it's F5 or F6, but one of those). EOS switches are gapped nicely when open and contact solidly when closed. Flipper bats have z-axis play like they are supposed to. Everything moves smoothly. Game play is right on, plenty of power. I have felt the coils after the fuse blows and they are no warmer than what is normal, definitely not hot. This isn't my first rodeo with flipper rebuilds, and I follow @vid1900's instructions to the letter.

Aux driver board was recently inspected by a professional and one bridge rectifier has been replaced.

I did discover a bad solder joint on the middle lug of the upper flipper, which I cleaned off and re-flowed. (I did 5 hours of soldering in a night so was bound to have a couple of duds) Which made me wonder, if that contact was flaky, could the diode(s) have gotten cooked? That is the next test but I wanted to ask if anyone could think of some other obvious thing to check that I'm missing.

#2 6 years ago

So another forum resolved this for me - I didn't have slo-blow fuses! Such a simple, stupid thing. Anyhow, lesson learned...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-hand-flippers-keep-blowing-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.