• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I was playing my 1980 Big Game by Stern which has two sets of flippers on each side (4 total flippers)when all of a sudden the two on the right just go out and stop working. The ones on the left work fine.. What's going on here?

Thanks in advance..

#2 11 years ago

Check your fuse? My left ones went out 2 days ago and that's all it was.

#3 11 years ago

Have you started with step one? Test the fuse, my guess is its blown, next question after replacing is why did it blow. You might want to hook up a meeter to the coils and see if they are both ok (youtube how to test a coil) or the not so correct but correct way is replace the fuse and observe what happens.

#4 11 years ago

All fuses are good. I don't see any wires that had come off..

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Choggard:

All fuses are good. I don't see any wires that had come off..

Not to nag, did you pull the fuse when you checked it? Not trying to be a smart a$$.

#6 11 years ago

Does the flipper energize in coil test mode?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Not to nag, did you pull the fuse when you checked it? Not trying to be a smart a$$.

Yes I did..

#8 11 years ago

What I did before they went was tighten a cable down into a plastic clip in the head.. Then when I went to start a game the flipper worked once and stopped after one flip. I opened up the head and checked for any loose connectors..

#9 11 years ago

Just figured it out.. The connectors female end needed to be bent in some using a fine regular screw driver when connected they weren't touching the make end.. I had to do this for the displays too... Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flippers-just-went-out-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.