Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm on a Gottlieb '73 Hot Shot that needs a few tweaks. Any idea why my right flipper (about every 10-20th stroke) randomly scores 500 points? I thought maybe the concussion of it was making the nearby leaf switch for the 500 Pt Roll Over connect but I did a few tests and it doesn't appear to be that (I put paper between blades, and as another test, put switch widely out of adjustment - problem persisted). Visually scoured all around, but can't find another switch that might do that. Also, problem can't be replicated when the field is in upright, maintenance mode. Only when it's lying down, hence my thinking gravity is affecting a switch. Thanks for any advice!

#2 5 years ago

Just took a look at game. What about the next roll over switch above slingshots?(right and left). They show a 500 point score.

Put pf down and tap/lightly ‘bang’ and see if a certain location sets it off.

#3 5 years ago

Drop targets are worth 500 points. Check the right bank for a switch that is gapped too close.

#4 5 years ago

Check the 500 point relay for dirty contacts. I had one on a Jumping Jack a couple weeks ago where it worked fine when you had the PF vertical poking around, you could hit anywhere near it and it wouldn't activate.

Put the PF down and light pounding on the PF produced a lot activation of the relay (I think it was the 50 point one, but you get the idea... not my game so I don't remember exactly how many points were getting scored.)

The thing that was strange though is that the switches were clean and looked gapped correctly, but there was a slight 'bow' in one of them that caused it to not activate 100% - which I think was the source of the issue. Straightened that blade out and regapped and it worked 100%. It was extremely subtle and took over an hour to find, as it was the last link in a chain of isolating all 50 point switches on the PF first, then wondering why the pops had no scoring switches or EOS switches despite having the wires running to them (the eos turned out to be on the relay....)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-scoring-500-points and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.