(Topic ID: 180133)

Right flipper going out on Pro Football

By Metalmanmiles

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hello I have a pro football and the right flipper is starting to go out regularly. I can still launch the ball with the right flipper button but I am unable to get the flipper to move in gameplay. Sometimes the flippper does work but most of the time it's dead. I have cleaned the coils and would like to know how to fix this!

#2 7 years ago

Have you checked the leaf switch contacts? Lightly sand them to remove any corrosion and clean with rubbing alcohol. Try that to see if it works. Make sure all electrical connections are good. I'm a newbie, but these are just my thoughts. Hopefully it's something simple.

#3 7 years ago

check the flipper shaft may have worked loose. look at the 2 grub screws and tighten with an allen key.

#4 7 years ago

@QuyN illawarra92
Thank you both, will try both of these tomorrow.

#5 7 years ago

Bump for any more suggestions, still having no luck.

#6 7 years ago

Hi Metal.
Look at the flip coil itself, chk the coils wires where they attach to the coil lugs. sometimes, the solder lets go, and the wire moves a bit.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr_of_Style:

Hi Metal.
Look at the flip coil itself, chk the coils wires where they attach to the coil lugs. sometimes, the solder lets go, and the wire moves a bit.

Thanks dr. Will try this weekend

#8 7 years ago

Suggest you post a pic of the under pf right flipper mech showing it in open & closed positions. That will enable also a peep at your EOS setting.

1 week later
#9 7 years ago

Doesn't seem any of those work, I have cleaned everything to do with the flipper. I think someone is wrong with the wiring as there are two wires to the right flipper one for flipper movement and one for launching because it still launches every time. It might be over heating (whatever part is wrong, as it usually works for a little bit when you start playing it.

#10 7 years ago

Bump for any more help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/right-flipper-going-out-on-pro-football and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.