5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by heatwave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1967 Space Gun Alighment Documentation.pdf (PDF preview)

#1 5 years ago

I recently aquired a 1967 Midway Flying Saucer shooter. Can anyone tell me how to align the gun? There is a toggle switch in back for gun alignment/servicing. It lets you shoot the rifle without registering any points. Also underneath the gun are two wing nuts for vertical/horizontal adjustment. Any advice appreciated.

2 months later
    #2 5 years ago
    Quoted from va561:

Can anyone tell me how to align the gun?

Here is the alignment documentation from my 1967 Midway Space Gun. I imagine they are very similar (just different targets).

Also, when I got my game I noticed a wadded-up ball of bubble wrap wedged on top of the wiper board (the bakelite board that holds the contacts). Turns out that the bakelite board was warped and the previous owner did this to 'flatten' the board and make it score accurately. I found this out the hard way by removing them and throwing the aim off wildly. In fact the board was so bowed that the stylus arm from the gun would not make contact in many areas. If you see this issue on your game, check to see if that could be the problem.

Good luck.

1967 Space Gun Alighment Documentation.pdf1967 Space Gun Alighment Documentation.pdf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rifle-alignment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.