butée (resized).jpg
RBG (resized).jpg
RBG2 (resized).jpg
20220807_151845.jpg
20220807_151900.jpg
20220807_151906.jpg
20220807_151914.jpg
20220807_151920.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 2 years ago

A friend's Riverboat Gambler is having some problems when it powers up. It starts a cycle of the lift crank assembly on the ramp moves a little, followed by the left drop target solenoid energizing and all the controlled lights will go out and then come back on. I've also noticed that the +5VAC and blanking leds on the MPU board are solidly lit, and the diagnosis led is blinking. The diagnosis and the blanking led will go out when the left drop target solenoid is energized. I've reseated all the connectors on the MPU board and there is nothing that jumps out at me on the MPU board that looks fried. Now when I go into the adjustments and bookeeping settings, the solenoids stop there energizing cycle. Any suggestions on where to start to troubleshoot this?

#291 2 years ago

So I fixed that problem by reseating 1J8 on the MPU board. Now the next problem is the game will reset shortly after I launch the first ball. Also the display is saying press advance when it is powered up. When I check the messages, it says wheel error, and I've reseated the two connectors on the back side of the wheel board without solving the error.

2 weeks later
#292 2 years ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

So I fixed that problem by reseating 1J8 on the MPU board. Now the next problem is the game will reset shortly after I launch the first ball. Also the display is saying press advance when it is powered up. When I check the messages, it says wheel error, and I've reseated the two connectors on the back side of the wheel board without solving the error.

The fix was to replace the bridge rectifier on the power supply board, however that was after I recapped the board and replaced Q5 trying to track the problem down the schematic. The next problem was while all the solenoids work in test, most didn't work during gameplay. The problem solenoids were all of them minus the flippers, slingshots and pop bumpers. After I added a little bit of solder to the connector pins/bridge rectifiers on the auxiliary power driver unit board everything was working perfectly.

6 months later
#293 2 years ago

I'm fixing up a Riverboat Gambler for a friend and need to find out what size spring is used for the ball diverter assembly, part number B-13915. The instruction manual doesn't list it, but it shows clear as day in the diagram.

#295 2 years ago

Unfortunately I didn't see the old spring when I went through the playfield cabinet. I ordered a couple of different sizes, so I'm crossing my fingers that one of them will work.

#297 2 years ago

Thanks! I also have to replace another part that isn't listed that I later found out was the drive arm. I was looking at all the parts at Marcos and one of them was used in a bunch of other Williams games. I looked up the parts list for Adams Family and lo and behold I found that part as well. It is #A-14185.

#298 2 years ago

Here's a tip if all of your GI on the playfield doesn't work and everything on the backboard interconnect board is working. Check the relay board, part number C-11998-1 under the back end of the playfield. I was fixing this same game and two of the pins on the 7-pin connector were crispy. I replaced the header pins, the connector and later found out the relay was toast to. Fixed all of that and the game is all fixed up.

IMG_5412 (resized).JPGIMG_5412 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ElCid95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riding-on-that-lucky-riverboat-riverboat-gambler-club?tu=ElCid95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.