(Topic ID: 123689)

Riding chhhshttt that chhhhhhshsttt riverboat..

By seven

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a Riverboat Gambler last night. For the most part it is working. There are a couple of minor things wrong, it needs cleaning, the backbox GI is out. Nothing that seems to bother gameplay though.

The one thing it is doing, which I find rather humourous, is the death metal/possessed riverboat vocals. The vocals are distorted beyond recognition on a few words.

The rest of the voices and sampled sounds are ok. It's just in the song.

Right now when it happens we just shout "Begone from this machine demon!" and keep playing. It adds another layer to the game I suppose.

What would cause this (besides demon possession)?

#2 9 years ago

Interesting. Speech effects are processed on the CPU and I assume the speech data samples are stored in the sound ROMs on the CPU board. I am just not certain if the vocals for the music are considered music or speech. Music is handled on the background sound board. I suppose my first step would be to reseat, then maybe replace, the sound ROMs on both the sound board and the MPU board. Following that, I would try replacing the CPU to sound board ribbon cable, and if still didn't work, probably replace the CVSD. Just my "guesses" at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
$ 15.00
Electronics
Mod Magic!

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/riding-chhhshttt-that-chhhhhhshsttt-riverboat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.