• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by coolwhs
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

623999fd8db600c878cef704d0e38a37 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballRusch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure it’s less of supply and demand and more of a way to pay for “new in box titles”. So the people that had pins circa 5-10+ years ago seem to be controlling the prices and most guys just set their prices based on the last 10 they saw regardless of title or condition. And of course the guys that just drive around, somehow finding games for cheap and selling them for a grand more than they paid a day or less later. If I didn’t have a full time job, I’d be doing the same thing!

Seller: Well I just saw a near mint AFM for $8k and a completely restored Taxi posted for $4k... so obviously my players condition HS (which really needs a new playfield or hardtop) is worth at least $3,800 because I just installed new chrome legs for $80 from Marco. And I used new bolts too!

Since one of the chief reasons to sell a machine is typically to buy another, it’s really the influx of several (Not all) great new games flooding onto the market. Owners are trying to finance the cost somehow and sometimes also need the physical space. I think $4000 is out of reach for most people (and unrealistic for most titles given the immediate and continuous maintenance needs). Especially when you can finance a brand new one (sometimes with super low interest) for an additional $1,500 more with a short warranty. That’s a new in box Pro model with no farts/booze smells, scratched glass, or questionable mods. So when the high priced 10+ year old machines are being compared to the one in the new Stern/JJP/SP from the factory are being compared... well, I really think the high priced old titles are just going to increase new sales from manufacturers. Which is probably a good thing because it keeps new titles coming and eventually will level out the prices on all of them.

The pendulum swings both ways in marketing and sales. I predict in the next 2 years the prices will drop for all but maybe 20 super desirable titles from the mid 80’s to early 00’s. At that time, EMs will drop to $400-$500, lame SS titles will be below $1,400 in good/average condition, and highly desirable titles remaining close to where they are now. Might even see the “new” titles from today dropping rather fast and only the well laid out titles holding value.

Or maybe not

#23 4 years ago

Not trying to offend or predict the future economy. Just sharing my opinion on an existing thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
Sewickley, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballRusch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ridiculous-prices-outside-the-pinball-market?tu=PinballRusch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.