(Topic ID: 43040)

Ride to TPF 2013? (Northwest Arkansas Area)

By QuackenColony

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Well...this sucks. I've been planning on going to the Texas Pinball Festival for over a year, since I had to miss last year right at the end. My friend and I had it planned, until his workplace decided he can't those days off. He was my ride, as we were both uncertain as to if my car would make the trip. I know this is probably impossible, but I would like to know if there is anyone in my area (I live in Fort Smith, AR) that would be willing to give me a ride to the festival and back. I will, of course, put some gas in your tank for the ride. I have my ticket paid in full, also my friend's. So if you were on the fence about going, I do have an extra weekend ticket. I also have my hotel paid in full, so I will be going no matter what. I just rather weight my options before taking a bus, which would cost me quite a bit of money. Thanks to anyone who even reads this.

#2 11 years ago

Man, that sucks. Good luck to you. I'd suggest you give this a coumple bumps a day. You might get lucky.

We tried starting a Louisiana/Arkansas sub forum like the Tennessee guys did. We only got to about 150 posts but there were several arkansas guys on it. You might try posting there as well.

#3 11 years ago

Take the friends car for the weekend and give him yours.

#4 11 years ago

Would love to help. It is not looking like we are going to have the time for a reroute on the LA/TX road trip, but we sincerely would love to help. Besides Greyhound does not load/haul pinball machines, so your new machine(s) would have no way to ride home with you! Will keep tabs though. Did you post on the Ark La Tex pinball page?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

Very wise and creative suggestion!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

Already thought of that. He is on the fence about it.

#7 11 years ago

Can you rent a car? Weekend rates are normally very good. At the Ft.Smith, AK Hertz, you could rent a Toyota Corolla for Friday - Sunday would cost roughly $103.29 + a full tank of gas.

It is $79.98 for the three days and 0.20 a mile for each mile over 450 miles.

You might even be able to get unlimited miles if you join Hertz Gold for free.

Marcus

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

Can you rent a car? Weekend rates are normally very good. At the Ft.Smith, AK Hertz, you could rent a Toyota Corolla for Friday - Sunday would cost roughly $103.29 + a full tank of gas.
    It is $79.98 for the three days and 0.20 a mile for each mile over 450 miles.
    You might even be able to get unlimited miles if you join Hertz Gold for free.
    Marcus

I'm 24 and have no credit card, so it is a no go. One of my coworkers is loaning me 100 dollars, so it seems I'm taking the bus route. Thanks for anyone who looked at this post though.

#9 11 years ago

I guess I'm taking the bus route to Dallas, but I will accept donations for food. If you don't want to donate, I will beat you at any pinball or arcade game for money as well.

#10 11 years ago

Looks like you might need some seed money, but I like your style bro!

#11 11 years ago

Have you tried sending PM's to the arkansas guys from the la, ark, ms thread to see if you could possibly meet one of them somewhere? I have no clue where in AR you are, but sure you could jump on a bus and meet one of them somewhere.

#12 11 years ago

Under other circumstances, I might be able to help you but I'm leaving from Louisiana this time. I have property not far from you that I'm often at, but not this time. Let's keep in touch though.. if you are inclined to head a little bit south some time, I can show you part of my collection in Arkansas.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ride-to-tpf-2013-northwest-arkansas-area and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.