6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by MarkH-555
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

stetta.jpg

#1 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=724473448761&l=8389363342232673346

not sure if that link will work...got a picture though. He came over to the tournament section for a little bit, just played one game of Bally Strikes and Spares in the classics bank, good enough for the 44th high score and then peaced out.

stetta.jpg
    #2 6 years ago

Buddy of mine got a picture with him. Hopefully he will post it...

#3 6 years ago

Awesome! He's the Michael Jordan of competitive pinball players. Hope he's doing good.

#4 6 years ago

Did he show off any sweet dance moves?

EDIT: Never mind, just saw the video on FB. He kept it pretty chill.

#5 6 years ago

Does anyone know why he and Neil Shatz don't really seem to compete any more?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

I think it's called going out on a high note.

#7 6 years ago

Rick Stetta is 100% The Shit!! He can rock my pins whenever he wants... wait that sounds kinda homo...

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

I think about him each time I Shatz the inlanes.

#9 6 years ago

Played in a couple of the "fun" tournaments with him at CAX this year(one-handed tourney, one person per flipper tourney, and others). He's fun to watch and was real friendly to all that played in those mini-tournaments.

There was a little red-headed 9 year old girl that pretty much destroyed everyone in the one-handed tournament.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremecium:

I see both of them pretty regularly and both are still doing good for the hobby. Rick is single handedly repopulating his home town with pins. If you play a pin on Murphy street in downtown Sunnyvale, it's one of Rick's games. Including a minty Sweet Hearts for 25 cents a 5 ball play. Neil recently competed at the Radio Shack tourney and lost in the quarter finals to the eventual winner. We saw Neil Friday night playing the only TWD around. He was grumbling when we got there about numerous issues the game was having, but of course he had the GC score already. Both guys are doing just fine and still contributing to the hobby in positive ways. If you play on location much in the bay area, you have a good chance of running into one or both of them.

Quoted from Miguel351:

There was a little red-headed 9 year old girl that pretty much destroyed everyone in the one-handed tournament.

That would be Bella. She's an awesome kid who will soon be kicking ass in the juniors division at PAPA. Her and Escher probably have more tourney experience than 98% of the folks here.

Two guys not competing as much any more, two youngsters going balls to the wall. Seems very appropriate.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

Played in a couple of the "fun" tournaments with him at CAX this year(one-handed tourney, one person per flipper tourney, and others). He's fun to watch and was real friendly to all that played in those mini-tournaments.

That was a good time.

Yes, Rick played and did pretty well, but got two house balls.

Todd MacCulloch ended up winning it. Todd was super cool, and since the T shirt obviously didn't fit him, he gave it to the 2nd place player.

#12 6 years ago

One of the most animated players I have ever seen or competed against. Fun to watch.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

That was a good time.

It was an extremely good time. So lax and laid back, such fun, creative premises for tournaments. I'll be playing those every chance I get from now on!

Unless Bella shows up....then I'll just watch.

#14 6 years ago

You can thank Teresa & Mitch Roth and Josh Henderson's dad, Mark for his visit.
    They talked him into coming to receive his trading card and award in person.

His award is here, and Jim Schelberg took official picks of him receiving it from Walter Day before the banquet started.
    cheers

http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/PINBALL-EXPO-2014-AWARDS-RICK-STETTA-RIBBON.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 20.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Inc
    $ 22.00
    Hardware
    The MOD Couple
    $ 39.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 6,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside