(Topic ID: 172898)

Rick & Morty Pinball

By Wolfmarsh

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1469 (resized).jpg
    vindicators (resized).png
    rick bliss (resized).png
    rick morty comicon2019 (resized).png
    rick-and-morty-mugs-1158118 (resized).jpeg
    rick-and-morty-geeki-tiki-mugs-1133224 (resized).jpeg
    3_tier_playfield (resized).png
    actuators (resized).png
    Dq3swg5W4AAnAXV (resized).jpg
    RickRoll (resized).png
    boonotcool (resized).jpg
    20180818_141359 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rnm_ship (resized).jpg
    rnm_cake (resized).jpg
    BLIPS_AND_CHITZ_sign (resized).png
    There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
    #352 6 years ago

IMO McD's planned the scarcity to get coverage. They have fallen to the bottom of the FF market and struggle to get attention. Their last best idea was a french fry fork which speaks volumes about consumer disconnect and their idea of novelty.

Glad they are making it available. I'll get what I can and pass them out in future years to R&M trick-or-treater's or as gifts for show fans.

I hope this table will allow you to trade won credits for a few pumps of sauce from a side mounted dispenser.

"!Extraball..plorp...."

This makes me think of a funny gag maybe with a magnet on the playfield that slows or stops the ball in a pool of Sticky Szechuan sauce.

#354 6 years ago

I haven't ever found the motivation to really sit down and watch the show, but after the last week or so, I honestly hope this never gets turned into a pin. I suffer through the Overwatch community because I like the game, I'm not willing to do that for a damn cartoon. From what I've seen in the first two or three episodes, doesn't seem like anyone but Spooky could build it and do it justice anyways. Lots of violence. (which I have no problem with, but we all know Stern and JJP would just excerpt all that out..)

#355 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I haven't ever found the motivation to really sit down and watch the show, but after the last week or so, I honestly hope this never gets turned into a pin. I suffer through the Overwatch community because I like the game, I'm not willing to do that for a damn cartoon. From what I've seen in the first two or three episodes, doesn't seem like anyone but Spooky could build it and do it justice anyways. Lots of violence. (which I have no problem with, but we all know Stern and JJP would just excerpt all that out..)

It's a shame that the show has picked up such an obnoxious cult following. I really love Rick and Morty but these hyperfans are ridiculous and just plain ruin it.

#356 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You really need to watch more than just the first three episodes. The show actually has some real deep moments and situations in it.

#357 6 years ago

Also, you don't have to be a part of the community to enjoy the show. Just watch it and enjoy.

#358 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The show actually has some real deep moments and situations in it.

agreed.. it has some really dark moments, and the storyline gets far deeper and smart than just some gags and over the top violence. At least finish episode 6.

#359 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

agreed.. it has some really dark moments, and the storyline gets far deeper and smart than just some gags and over the top violence. At least finish episode 6.

I'd say up to season 1 episode 8 (Rixty Minutes). Some real good laughs, and a few or real dark and sad moments.

#360 6 years ago

Dan Harmon showed up on the simpsons last night

dan_harmon_simpsons (resized).jpgdan_harmon_simpsons (resized).jpg

#361 6 years ago
    Quoted from GhostThruster:

these hyperfans are ridiculous

I agree that the man-child in that video is bad. I can't imagine how well that will reflect next time that guy applies for a job and this shows up in the social media search.

However IMO we can't put everyone into buckets. Not only are wolfmarsh a superfan but he's one of both pinball and the show. So they aren't all bad.

I avoided the show for way too long for the same reason but glad I cam around. I'd argue its as influential in our time and to what a cartoon can depict as the simpson's or southpark did in their time. If Star Trek is a realization of a utopian future, R&M is almost counterpoint to that and a dystopian future, and at a time of some dark and conflicting realities. Thankfully it does it with interesting characters, great writing, and best of all buckets of humor.

#362 6 years ago

The only platform that could get close to representing the countless realities etc would have to be Multimorphic's P3.

#363 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

The only platform that could get close to representing the countless realities etc would have to be Multimorphic's P3.

I couldn't do what I am planning to do with the P3, unfortunately.

It would be very neat for a graphic intensive version of a Rick & Morty game though!

#364 6 years ago

Wolf, I'm sure what you turn out will be great, but will be hard for you to pick and choose what to put in as there is SOOO much material. P3 would give the ability to include a tonne of stuff in the playfield.

#365 6 years ago

Someone just traded a CAR for one pack of schezuan dauce.

#366 6 years ago

Wolfmarsh Bro, I owe you a sort of apology, I guess. I didn't look at the first post before I posted (nice job, idiot!), didn't realize this was an actual ongoing project, not just a thread of "damn I hope someone makes this theme"! If you're building it.. then hell yeah, go for it!

I'm going to get around to watching more of the show, but *see above* yeah....running car...for a packet of.....nugget sauce....... /facepalm

#367 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

wolfmarsh Bro, I owe you a sort of apology, I guess. I didn't look at the first post before I posted (nice job, idiot!), didn't realize this was an actual ongoing project, not just a thread of "damn I hope someone makes this theme"! If you're building it.. then hell yeah, go for it!
    I'm going to get around to watching more of the show, but *see above* yeah....running car...for a packet of.....nugget sauce....... /facepalm

Naw man, I don't take any offense to that stuff. I too dislike how far people can take it in the name of being "fans". The car for the szechuan sauce is ridiculous, and obviously was just done to get 5 minutes of fame. Same with the guy screaming like a lunatic at McDonalds.

These are the same people that smoke one joint and start slapping 420 stickers on everything and wearing hemp clothing.

I love Rick & Morty in the way that I can repeat every line and describe every visual/scene. I won't however go stand in line for a packet of sauce, lol. It was a joke in the show and they should have left it at that. McDonald's did the sauce release without even letting the show know beforehand.

We are definitely building this game, it's just been a slow start. Going to be wrapping up Spaceballs over the next 3-6 months and then we will start to do some of the physical construction on Rick & Morty. Space is a big constraint for me.

#368 6 years ago

I was gonna try to go get some sauce because my wife has told me about it for YEARS. I was aware of the meme aspect of it, and working that day...once news started to trickle out and I checked ebay? Nope. Big nope. LOL.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Space is a big constraint for me.

Yep, I know that feeling. No garage, and I've had 60+ games in and out of my 1000 sq ft. condo in 5 years...lol. Three playfield swaps I've done was pushing my luck....I'm not doing fabrication in my living room!

#369 6 years ago

some theme remixes I scoured today

Also this:

#370 6 years ago

An interesting and timely article:

"The Rise of Toxic Fandom: Why people are ruining the pop culture they love"

http://junkee.com/rick-and-morty-toxic-fandom/130622

#371 6 years ago

On a semi-OT note. I stopped at my local McD's on Szechuan Saturday and the kid behind the counter just told me no muttered something to the effect that he didn't get the joke about why everybody is asking for this damn sauce. Glad I could make his day.

On the other hand, an acquaintance stopped by one of the restaurants that had it, he was one of the first 5 people through the door when they opened and was told they were sold out. My guess is that most of the stuff on ebay came from McD employees.

Return to topic.

ken

#372 6 years ago

Its Twinkies all over again!

#373 6 years ago

pickle rick skulls (resized).jpgpickle rick skulls (resized).jpg

#374 6 years ago

I picked up Gran Turismo Sport earlier in the week, and was messing with the livery editor.

Morty, I turned myself into a racecar.

22553166_10156874441978569_7518092315876368804_o.jpg22553166_10156874441978569_7518092315876368804_o.jpg

#375 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I picked up Gran Turismo Sport earlier in the week, and was messing with the livery editor.
    Morty, I turned myself into a racecar.

Does it come with a Rick-Shift?

1 week later
    #377 6 years ago

Just messing around on a sunday afternoon with some ball launcher models.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#378 6 years ago

Little late but this was some apps I served up during Halloween.

rick (resized).jpgrick (resized).jpg

#379 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just messing around on a sunday afternoon with some ball launcher models.

this is coming out next month from Funko:

Portal Gun (resized).jpgPortal Gun (resized).jpg
    https://toywiz.com/funko-rick-morty-portal-gun-roleplay-toy/

#380 6 years ago

Already got it on preorder!

I picked up the Spirit Halloween one too for my costume.

In pinball news, I've been working on the PCBs for the portal gun shooter. Fusion 360 now has integration to EAGLE so I can go seamlessly back and forth between the two.

#381 6 years ago

So I was at the RI Comicon today and got a chance to meet Justin Roiland. I asked if he was a pinball fan since he had some pins in "Morty-ville" in an episode this season.

He said he loves pinball and said would love to have a Rick and Morty based pinball game. He said they've been approached by a few manufacturers. I don't think he was kidding because I mentioned the name of one of them and he said "yeah that was one of them". Not saying it will actually happen but at least we know it has been discussed by the powers that be.

#382 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

So I was at the RI Comicon today and got a chance to meet Justin Roiland. I asked if he was a pinball fan since he had some pins in "Morty-ville" in an episode this season.
    He said he loves pinball and said would love to have a Rick and Morty based pinball game. He said they've been approached by a few manufacturers. I don't think he was kidding because I mentioned the name of one of them and he said "yeah that was one of them". Not saying it will actually happen but at least we know it has been discussed by the powers that be.

I believe the company you are thinking of already has purchased the license.

Won't stop us though. Wubba lubba dub dub!

#383 6 years ago

someone is hacking a bally night rider to make a R&M pinball:
    https://www.rickandmortypinball.com
    https://www.facebook.com/RickAndMortyPinball

If I had to guess, we'll see a virtual R&M table on pinball FX3 before a manufacturer builds a real one. The time is now!

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I believe the company you are thinking of already has purchased the license.
    Won't stop us though. Wubba lubba dub dub!

I hope it doesnt stop you. I really want to see some of your cool ideas make it to reality.

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from docquest:

I hope it doesnt stop you. I really want to see some of your cool ideas make it to reality.

It won't.

I'm hopeful both games turn out awesome!

We were out shopping today and I was able to pick up all but one of the new Rick & Morty construction sets. Close up of my favorite. Oh boy, here I go killing again.

20171113_171219 (resized).jpg20171113_171219 (resized).jpg

image-20171113_171412 (resized).jpgimage-20171113_171412 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    2 weeks later
    #388 6 years ago

This happened today.

BadBrick and I went to the truck, but it was raining and the line was already 50 people deep, so we went down the street and played pinball. Was really cool seeing the truck and all the fans though.

1 week later
    #391 6 years ago

This one features wireless technology!

2 weeks later
    #393 6 years ago

Dan Harmon is on a roll today

danharmon_tweet1 (resized).jpgdanharmon_tweet1 (resized).jpg

danharmon_tweet2 (resized).jpgdanharmon_tweet2 (resized).jpg

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Dan Harmon is on a roll today

I'm not trying to be a snide here, but I don't get it. What's the relation to Rick and Morty pinball?

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'm not trying to be a snide here, but I don't get it. What's the relation to Rick and Morty pinball?

He's the co-creator of Rick and Morty.

#396 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

He's the co-creator of Rick and Morty.

Ahhhhh!! Bingo! Thanks for the info

1 week later
    #398 6 years ago

Oh boy! Here I go, killin' again.

2 weeks later
    #400 6 years ago

So if it's non-plunger shooter lane, you could use the portal gun as the trigger(like T2, etc)

There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-morty-pinball/page/8?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.