(Topic ID: 172898)

Rick & Morty Pinball

By Wolfmarsh

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1469 (resized).jpg
    vindicators (resized).png
    rick bliss (resized).png
    rick morty comicon2019 (resized).png
    rick-and-morty-mugs-1158118 (resized).jpeg
    rick-and-morty-geeki-tiki-mugs-1133224 (resized).jpeg
    3_tier_playfield (resized).png
    actuators (resized).png
    Dq3swg5W4AAnAXV (resized).jpg
    RickRoll (resized).png
    boonotcool (resized).jpg
    20180818_141359 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rnm_ship (resized).jpg
    rnm_cake (resized).jpg
    BLIPS_AND_CHITZ_sign (resized).png

There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Wtf did I just watch?!?

The explanation of how a plumbus is made. I got mine with extra schleem.

#52 7 years ago

There needs to be a Gazorpazorpfield mode.

Gazorpazorpfield (resized).jpgGazorpazorpfield (resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago

"Head bent over, raise up the posterior" Ohhhh Yeaaaa!

#54 7 years ago

House of Cosbys midnight madness mode?

#55 7 years ago

What? No Mr. Poopybutthole?!

Oohhwee, what a great idea for a pinball machine though!

Take off your pants and your panties, shit on the floor, it's time to get shwifty in here!

#56 7 years ago

Rick & Morty would make an awesome theme. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

#57 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

"Head bent over, raise up the posterior" Ohhhh Yeaaaa!
    » YouTube video

"Get Schwifty" mode!

#58 7 years ago

shmlultiball
    shmlextra ball
    shmltilt
    shmlystery bonus
    shmloos (resized).jpgshmloos (resized).jpg

#59 7 years ago

Shmlidnight shmladness?

#60 7 years ago

Real Fake Door inline drop targets.
    Nevermind, Diner. Real Fake Door something else

#61 7 years ago

Check out what toyotaboy contributed to the project!! It's an LCD TV mod modeled after the TV in the Interdimensional Cable 2 episode.

It plays clips from the interdimensional shows. So badass!!! Little bitsss.....

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Best pinball theme ever!!! Wizard mode where you have to get schwifty?

Is that where you take off your pants and shit on the floor?

#63 7 years ago

Some required call outs:

Rick

Wuba Luba Dub Dub!
    Lick, lick, lick my balls! Ha ha ha, yeah! Say that all the time!
    Oh, good job, Morty. Y-you-you killed my best customer, but you saved a mind-reading fart.
    Can somebody just let me out of here? If I die in a cage I lose a bet.
    Little tip, Morty. Never clean DNA vials with your spit.

Morty

We're F'd in the A!
    Ooo, oh boy Rick, I-I don't think you're allowed to say that word. Ya know?
    You sold a gun to a murderer so you could play video games?
    R-R-R-R-IIIIIICK!
    Aww, gee, you got me there, Rick.

Mr.MeeSeeks

WHAT ABOUT ME? THAT ONE ROPED ME IN!
    OH YEAH CAN DO!
    I'M MR MEESEEKS! LOOK AT ME!
    I JUST WANT TO DIE!

Snuffles / Snowball

Where are my testicles, Summer?
    Hello Jerry, come to rub my face in urine again?
    I'M A BIT OF A STICKLER MEE SEEKS. WHAT ABOUT YOUR SHORT GAME?

#64 7 years ago

I think if you had banks of standup targets in the lower half, it could be re-used for a lot of things

"You should be cleaning from top to bottom. I've been cleaning mom and dad (targets) for 6 months I think I know what I'm doing. Then you've been doing it wrong for 6 months"
    top_to_bottom (resized).jpgtop_to_bottom (resized).jpg

"Cover me morty while I enter our home's coordinates, don't worry they're robots! They're not robots rick! I meant it figuratively, they're beaurocrats, I don't respect them!"
    robot_bearorcrats (resized).jpgrobot_bearorcrats (resized).jpg

#65 7 years ago

if you're planning on having 10 stand-up targets, this could work (from the show):

distress beacon mode
    "the first rule of space travel kids, is always check out distress beacons. 9 out of 10 times, a ship full of dead aliens and a bunch of free shit. 1 out of 10 times it's a deadly trap, but I'm ready to roll those dice!"

9 out of the 10 stand-up targets will yield a small bonus, but occasionally (10%) it throws the player into a mode (like WOZ's "somewhere over the rainbow") where you have to successfully complete a bunch of lit shots within a certain time limit or your flipper power dies and the ball drains

alternatively, it could be a random event from a scoop or saucer that gets triggered using the same 90% success rate

#66 7 years ago

Should use the "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT" quote as the callout when Player 1 starts the game. Could add "I WANNA SEE WHAT YOU GOT" and other similar variations that the talking head says right after for players 2-4.

#67 7 years ago

it's a good pinball theme!

its_a_good_pinball (resized).jpgits_a_good_pinball (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

I think the spaceship needs to be a toy on the playfield, somewhat similiar to the star trek ship (but not just bouncing around randomly like it's getting hit). It should tilt side to side and work with video modes as you steer with flippers to choose the fly path, avoid asteroids, etc.. could be re-used as a bash toy (keep summer safe mode), where the ship has arms that try to block the ball from hitting the ship.

rick_morty_spaceship_toy (resized).jpgrick_morty_spaceship_toy (resized).jpg

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39rl8a

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

This is one of my favorite lines from that episode haha!

Quoted from toyotaboy:

"Cover me morty while I enter our home's coordinates, don't worry they're robots! They're not robots rick! I meant it figuratively, they're beaurocrats, I don't respect them!"

This one as well is just so funny every time I think of it!
    "They're just robots"
    "GLEN'S BLEEDING TO DEATH! SOMEONE CALL HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN!"
    "IT'S A FIGURE OF SPEECH MORTY, THEY'RE BUREAUCRATS, I DON'T RESPECT THEM!"

Personally I think it should have Meeseeks lines when the ball drains "OOH HE'S TRYING!"
    Gets me every time...

#70 7 years ago

I've been thinking the modes in general could loosly follow episodes with a series of goals. If we get some physical 'inception' mechs/playfields; scary Terry, simulation inside a simulation and the keep summer safe powerplant nested universe episodes could all use those mechs/playfield(s)/whatever as you dive in or break out of the nested worlds.

#71 7 years ago

I bet if Dan Harman and Justin Roiland were approached, they would want to do an original pinball game with fresh callouts and modes. One day, one of these pinball companies will figure out this exists.

#72 7 years ago

Ever since whirlwind and seeing moving discs move on the surface of the playfield, I always wished that concept was experimented more so the playfield doesn't feel so static (yes I know this wasn't original, it was borrowed from fireball, and possibly something before that). I thought it would be neat if you had say a 3" x 3" cutout, and then 4 square sections that were hinged and could drop down individually. This would leave a big chunk missing that you'd have to avoid shooting once they all fell down. There would be a bucket leading into a subway underneath when the ball did drop down, and it would return back up to the main playfield with a VUK. This could fit in with the schroeders cat episode, maybe laser inserts could fire at you (and in the process blast away a chunk of playfield), maybe a green glow underneath could be a way of implimenting the teleport device.. tons of uses! Here's a quick rendering I did in solidworks (playfield is set to semi-transparent so you can see it better):

#73 7 years ago

Some required call outs:
    Rick
    Wuba Luba Dub Dub!
    Lick, lick, lick my balls! Ha ha ha, yeah! Say that all the time!
    Oh, good job, Morty. Y-you-you killed my best customer, but you saved a mind-reading fart.
    Can somebody just let me out of here? If I die in a cage I lose a bet.
    Little tip, Morty. Never clean DNA vials with your spit.
    Morty
    We're F'd in the A!
    Ooo, oh boy Rick, I-I don't think you're allowed to say that word. Ya know?
    You sold a gun to a murderer so you could play video games?
    R-R-R-R-IIIIIICK!
    Aww, gee, you got me there, Rick.
    Mr.MeeSeeks
    WHAT ABOUT ME? THAT ONE ROPED ME IN!
    OH YEAH CAN DO!
    I'M MR MEESEEKS! LOOK AT ME!
    I JUST WANT TO DIE!
    Snuffles / Snowball
    Hello Jerry, come to rub my face in urine again?

Don't forget Rick's favorite catchphrase: AIDS!

#74 7 years ago

I dig that trap door... it could be one better as a three way divert; up to a ramp, flat, and the trap door down.

#75 7 years ago

I think we're missing one thing the game needs: Replace the ball shooter with a "Portal Gun" (ala Indiana Jones pin).

#76 7 years ago

I think we're missing one thing the game needs: Replace the ball shooter with a "Portal Gun" (ala Indiana Jones pin).

I think that would stick out really far. Maybe have the handle and the trigger outside the cabinet and the rest of the gun/tube inside the machine over the shooter lane?

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think that would stick out really far. Maybe have the handle and the trigger outside the cabinet and the rest of the gun/tube inside the machine over the shooter lane?

If it's done like Indy, it wouldn't stick out far.

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I thought about this too. I think it would be cool to have it cut off at half the bulb on the top so it could still light up outside the cabinet but not stick out too far.

#79 7 years ago

I like that line for when the game goes into ball search.

#80 7 years ago

Nah...having a skillshot is better.

#81 7 years ago

I don't know if this ever made spaceballs (prince valium mode, flippers get weak and tired). Could bring that mode over for sleep gary

rmr2mKD[1] (resized).jpgrmr2mKD[1] (resized).jpg

#82 7 years ago

If there ends up with an upper playfield with a VUK, maybe there should be a garage similiar to TSPP, but door opens to reveal Rick's garage lab (complete with rafters and fluroscent lights hanging from the ceiling). Garage could also function for modes (figure out rick's code for his safe), grab weapons, grab guns.. If there's a lower playfield, access could be through the secret underground bunker hatch where the alien in chains is kept, along with the alien to english translator.

rick-n-morty_garage (resized).jpgrick-n-morty_garage (resized).jpg

#83 7 years ago

unity-mockup-02 (resized).jpegunity-mockup-02 (resized).jpeg

#84 7 years ago

Assimilation mode!

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

If there ends up with an upper playfield with a VUK, maybe there should be a garage similiar to TSPP

Rough model:

rick_morty_garage_3dmodel (resized).pngrick_morty_garage_3dmodel (resized).png

#86 7 years ago

Schmekles sample when u coin up

#87 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

What? No Mr. Poopybutthole?!
    Oohhwee, what a great idea for a pinball machine though!
    Take off your pants and your panties, shit on the floor, it's time to get shwifty in here!

No need. He has been in the design plan all along. You just never noticed.

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

25 schmekles? I... I.. I don't know how much.. I don't know what that is, is that a lot? Is it a little?

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Or "And Awaaaay we go!"

#90 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think the spaceship needs to be a toy on the playfield, somewhat similiar to the star trek ship ...

» YouTube video
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x39rl8a

If you were going to retheme an existing pin, why not Back to the Future?

J/K

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

I like that line for when the game goes into ball search.

We also need a "Snuffles" in his Exo-suit.

f2rxgeigif.giff2rxgeigif.gif

#92 7 years ago

So I'm thinking beyond the garage, at least part of the house should be included, and blast shields should go up in the rickall mode (these can easily be drop targets). I would say either you need to hit all the blast shields in a certain time, or maybe just a video mode where all the characters pop up (teleport gun shooter could double as laser gun) sort of lethal weapon style (with family members popping up randomly to throw you off)

tumblr_ntb4ujEowl1rs54zwo1_1280[1] (resized).jpgtumblr_ntb4ujEowl1rs54zwo1_1280[1] (resized).jpg

http://giphy.com/gifs/season-morty-rickall-VjwWk288SwsBW

#93 7 years ago

Just wanted to add to this topic, I've been working on a few homebrew projects for a while, but recently picked up a Ticket Tac Toe playfield that I'm considering retheming to "BLIPS AND CHITZ", by removing the ramp and completely revamping the upper half of the playfield, something similar to a mix between AFM and Spectrum, in a DIY safecracker cab. I adore the work that's already been put forward over here!

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#94 7 years ago
    Quoted from joshmans:

Just wanted to add to this topic, I've been working on a few homebrew projects for a while, but recently picked up a Ticket Tac Toe playfield that I'm considering retheming to "BLIPS AND CHITZ", by removing the ramp and completely revamping the upper half of the playfield, something similar to a mix between AFM and Spectrum, in a DIY safecracker cab. I adore the work that's already been put forward over here!

Saw this on Reddit

#95 7 years ago

Holy cow! I love all the ideas!

Sorry for the radio silence on my end, I've been on vacation for the past 2 weeks and haven't really been near a computer.

You guys aren't going to believe the thing Toyotaboy sent me. I'm gonna take some video tonight. It's amazing!!!!

Quoted from joshmans:

I've been working on a few homebrew projects for a while, but recently picked up a Ticket Tac Toe playfield that I'm considering retheming to "BLIPS AND CHITZ"

Dude this is awesome!!!! Maybe we can get them both side by side at a show or something in the future!!

More to come as I completely catch up on this thread and everything from the past 2 weeks.

#98 7 years ago

If this takes off, you can offer a stripped down version, like Stern's The Pin, where the only objective is to pass butter.

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

If this takes off, you can offer a stripped down version, like Stern's The Pin, where the only objective is to pass butter.

You can submit your application at the Gazorpazorp Center for Pinball Applications.

From the genius mind of toyotaboy, he created a sweet ass interdimensional cable box to go on the game. One of the coolest things I've seen in a while.

He modeled it after this:

Rick-and-Morty-S02E08-Rick-Interdimensional-Cable-2 (resized).jpgRick-and-Morty-S02E08-Rick-Interdimensional-Cable-2 (resized).jpg

I made a quick video of it plugged in and running. This thing is awesome!!!

#100 7 years ago

It's beautiful.

There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-morty-pinball/page/2?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.