(Topic ID: 172898)

Rick & Morty Pinball

By Wolfmarsh

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1469 (resized).jpg
    vindicators (resized).png
    rick bliss (resized).png
    rick morty comicon2019 (resized).png
    rick-and-morty-mugs-1158118 (resized).jpeg
    rick-and-morty-geeki-tiki-mugs-1133224 (resized).jpeg
    3_tier_playfield (resized).png
    actuators (resized).png
    Dq3swg5W4AAnAXV (resized).jpg
    RickRoll (resized).png
    boonotcool (resized).jpg
    20180818_141359 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rnm_ship (resized).jpg
    rnm_cake (resized).jpg
    BLIPS_AND_CHITZ_sign (resized).png
    There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 5 years ago

I for one welcome ISIS werewolves

3 weeks later
    #452 5 years ago

you guys should get this guy to do your call-outs, he's got that natural nervous thing down to a tee

#454 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I for one welcome ISIS werewolves

It's interesting to see how they spitball ideas.

1 week later
    #456 5 years ago

I roll with Rick..

20180818_141359 (resized).jpg20180818_141359 (resized).jpg
    #457 5 years ago

The Head2head guys just joked that they saw a Stern employee wearing a Rick and Morty t-shirt, so the game is confirmed. Congrats on your upcoming release, Wolfmarsh! Lol

#459 5 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The Wubba Lubba Dub Pub. hahaha

wow, followup story. They got shutdown after one day because they never bothered to pay a license fee. They shoulda McDowell'sd it
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/bjbab5/inside-the-rick-and-morty-pop-up-bar-that-shut-down-after-one-glorious-night

#460 5 years ago

See? That's what happens when you hire Lawyer Morty to handle the licensing fees. What a shame.

boonotcool (resized).jpgboonotcool (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #466 5 years ago

if you pre-order the soundtrack they send you a link for the digital download of all the tracks on the album. got my download code over the weekend

1 week later
    #468 5 years ago
    Quoted from ltd73:

I roll with Rick..
    [quoted image]

You mean you like to "Rick-Roll"?
    RickRoll (resized).pngRickRoll (resized).png

3 weeks later
    #470 5 years ago

I'm pinball Rick!

1 month later
    #471 5 years ago

When will we get an official Rick and Morty Pinball? So much material to put into the pin.

#472 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

When will we get an official Rick and Morty Pinball? So much material to put into the pin.

The rumor is a manufacturer has the license, but no idea if they are actually going to make it.

I sure hope they do.

#473 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The rumor is a manufacturer has the license, but no idea if they are actually going to make it.
    I sure hope they do.

That's positive news. I wonder what pinball company would do the license most justice? I feel like this would best be a Stern pin.

#474 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

That's positive news. I wonder what pinball company would do the license most justice? I feel like this would best be a Stern pin.

That is who I heard has the license (I have no info other than the rumor to back that up). I'd prefer to see Stern do it as well.

#475 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That is who I heard has the license (I have no info other than the rumor to back that up). I'd prefer to see Stern do it as well.

Agree. At the very least the visual design and animations would be on point.

#476 5 years ago

What was the last crude humor pin stern has done? Deadpool? Before that...South Park?

Could be cool....

#477 5 years ago

This should not be done till the show is more mature , you’re going to miss a lot of content in the upcoming seasons.

#478 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphcousman:

This should not be done till the show is more mature , you’re going to miss a lot of content in the upcoming seasons.

I disagree, I think the first 3 seasons has SO much content it's already hard to narrow it down.

Imagine if south park pinball didn't come out in 1999 (2 years after the show started, which means really 1 year of content).. But instead came out say in 2004? What the heck would you even include? It would probably be as hard as it was for Stern to make decisions with TSPP.

#479 5 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Agree. At the very least the visual design and animations would be on point.

At the very least, it would need Justin Roiland & Dan Harmon's involvement. Custom voice work & an "all-new Rick & Morty adventure" written strictly for a pinball machine. Please don't give us the same old licence formula, like some "Best-of-TV-episode-moments" & "recycled voice clips" that play out in the same-old-same-old mode based play. The Rick & Morty licence deserves so much more.

That LCD is begging for custom animations with Rick & Morty talking directly to the player.

#480 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I disagree, I think the first 3 seasons has SO much content it's already hard to narrow it down.
    Imagine if south park pinball didn't come out in 1999 (2 years after the show started, which means really 1 year of content).. But instead came out say in 2004? What the heck would you even include? It would probably be as hard as it was for Stern to make decisions with TSPP.

Yeah, too much material might spread things a little too thin. With only 3 seasons they could easily create a mode or level for every year of the show. With 3 seasons they could probably capture the feel and a lot of clips of all 3 seasons within each mode.

#481 5 years ago

Btw, that's not to imply that a lot of material is a somehow a bad thing. It just could make it difficult to decide what to include or focus on. Especially because they're is already a lot packed into those first 3 seasons at it is.

#482 5 years ago

Awesome idea...have you considered asking them to do any custom "pinball related" callouts? I feel like they either would do it for the coolness factor, or on the cheap...

3 weeks later
    2 weeks later
    #484 5 years ago

So I know this has been brought up before, but I feel very strongly about a 3-tiered playfield (If John is cool with that idea). here's a concept to see if it's feasible:
    3_tier_playfield (resized).png3_tier_playfield (resized).png

The more I think about the episodes this becomes very applicable (let me know if I missed any universes):
    3 tier playfield:
    Simulation inside a simulation
    Scary terry inception
    Tinyverse

2 tier playfield:
    Roy VR
    Rickshank redemption (shoneys)
    Morty's mind blowers
    Froopyland
    Dimension 35c
    Rick potion #9 (cronenberg)
    Anatomy Park

I used a 12v door actuator once to flip full size flippers (which are nearly powerful enough for a full playfield, but would certainly work on a 1/2 or 1/4 scale playfield). These actuators can be picked up for $4 each on ebay. Obviously this would require custom flipper bats, custom arm pauls, probably have to adjust the voltage of each for suitable flipper power but it's totally do-able.
    actuators (resized).pngactuators (resized).png

#485 5 years ago

I love the concepts, but I think we are going to avoid doing a playfield window with this one. Even though we haven't posted in a while, one of the team came up with a really cool prototype playfield that I think we are going to use as a starting point.

1 week later
    #486 5 years ago

This is probably also too elaborate for R&M, but this sure opens up the possibilities to conquer nearly any episode with the same playfield
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-homebrew-pinball-aziz-

#487 5 years ago

Hey moooorty! Sweet vid @toyotaboy!

1 week later
    #488 5 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

This is probably also too elaborate for R&M, but this sure opens up the possibilities to conquer nearly any episode with the same playfield
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-homebrew-pinball-aziz-

I mean, honestly, if you can use computers, you can do this.

You build a white wood or strip an old playfield and remake all the plastics in white.
    You get a cheap projector on ebay or craigs (thats bright enough and has hdmi input)
    You use Millumin or another software license for the switch hits/aniations

Done and done.

Im seriously contemplating it. We have a build out happening at our office right now. I may be able to secure an area or room to start something like this. Would be good to show off my projection mapping skills for clients.

#489 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I mean, honestly, if you can use computers, you can do this.
    You build a white wood or strip an old playfield and remake all the plastics in white.
    You get a cheap projector on ebay or craigs (thats bright enough and has hdmi input)
    You use Millumin or another software license for the switch hits/aniations
    Done and done.
    Im seriously contemplating it. We have a build out happening at our office right now. I may be able to secure an area or room to start something like this. Would be good to show off my projection mapping skills for clients.

If you do it, You should start a thread and show your progress.

#490 5 years ago

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/02/14/the-official-rick-and-morty-plumbus-replica

rick-and-morty-geeki-tiki-mugs-1133224 (resized).jpegrick-and-morty-geeki-tiki-mugs-1133224 (resized).jpegrick-and-morty-mugs-1158118 (resized).jpegrick-and-morty-mugs-1158118 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    2 months later
    #493 4 years ago

Date has been set.. November of this year!

3 weeks later
    1 week later
    #496 4 years ago

So dubya tee eff. You got powder coat done but we have no updates????

#497 4 years ago

What?

#498 4 years ago

I guess there is another!

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Greatful to be part of this Rick and Morty home Brew machine[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#499 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I guess there is another!

Oh yeah, there is another and they are much further along!

#500 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oh yeah, there is another and they are much further along!

Crap, well I guess I have not been looking around enough. My bad.

There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-morty-pinball/page/10?hl=ready_player_one and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.