(Topic ID: 172898)

Rick & Morty Pinball

By Wolfmarsh

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1469 (resized).jpg
    vindicators (resized).png
    rick bliss (resized).png
    rick morty comicon2019 (resized).png
    rick-and-morty-mugs-1158118 (resized).jpeg
    rick-and-morty-geeki-tiki-mugs-1133224 (resized).jpeg
    3_tier_playfield (resized).png
    actuators (resized).png
    Dq3swg5W4AAnAXV (resized).jpg
    RickRoll (resized).png
    boonotcool (resized).jpg
    20180818_141359 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    rnm_ship (resized).jpg
    rnm_cake (resized).jpg
    BLIPS_AND_CHITZ_sign (resized).png
    There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 7 years ago

Some local pinsiders: Badbrick, Kniessl and I decided a few months ago to start work on a Rick & Morty pinball machine. Our plan is to build 3 of them, one for each of us.

The focus of the pin will be on as much technology as we can stuff into the game, including some fun plans like a new backbox design etc...

We don't really have any cool details to show yet, because we are still just going through concepts, but we would love to know if anyone has any ideas or must-haves for the game.

The soundtrack has been amazing, and there are so many cool things we can include so far, here are just a small sampling of the things we are tossing around.

- Gear wars
    - Portal gun w/subways for portal travel
    - Tiny rick
    - Keep Summer Safe
    - Roy / Blitz and Chits
    - Purge
    - Squanchy

Some of the call outs we've assembled so far are:

- End game call out: From season 2 final episode wedding speech: "...in the end we all die alone"
    - Gear Wars: The thing people don’t realize about the Gear Wars is that it wasn’t really about the gears.
    - Abradolph Lincler: Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!
    - Squanchy: How bout a taste of my squanch?
    - Tilt warning: In bird culture, this is considered a dick move.
    - Ball Save: You appear to be dying. I will make efforts to prevent this, but can promise nothing.

Let's hear what you think would make a good addition to the game!

Rick-and-Morty.jpgRick-and-Morty.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Want to make 4 instead of 3

#3 7 years ago

Dude, you are my hero.. there is no other theme I want so badly right now. When you do finally finish it, please propose this to spooky as a contract manufacturing job (who can also work out the license). It WILL sell.

#4 7 years ago

Ok so I've actually been thinking of ideas for this game for at least a couple months, here goes:
    * I think you need some sort of hologram technology. This could not only be used to pop up the green swirling teleportation rings (which can be placed in front of scoops for subways), but you can have mr meeseeks pop up from time to time to give you tips on how to play better "I"m mr meeseeks! look at me!"

* Mr meeseeks box as a standup target
    * a space pawn shop to buy upgrades (there's Alllllways another pawn shop)
    * anti-gravity boots ramp (swoops back, and light magnets hold the ball up just enough, but still allows it to roll down playfield). Don't hit the switch first, ball falls off (you have to turn them on first morty!).. Then his legs break and you have to find the serum to fix them
    * freeze ray - done with magnets hidden below playfield
    * inception episode (pinball inside a pinball inside a pinball). If you did an upper mini playfield, and a lower playfield.. Main playfield plays normal, upper is shallow (so it plays slow), lower playfield is steep so it plays fast.. you have your 3 dream levels at various speed
    * Unity taking over every mechanism on the playfield and messing with the game
    * Blips n chitz! roy vr video mode
    * parasites embedding false memories (remember that time you got the grand champion score?).. Score shows up higher than you actually have, real score shows up at ball drain
    * Needs an LCD tv somewhere that just plays infinite universe cable shows

Make sure you include characters somehow like hitlincoln, birdman, gearhead

As far as sounds:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cw30vnuiezqzn79/rick%20and%20morty%20sounds.zip

time sync - just a cool sound
    dropped balls - ball drain
    not ok with this - ball save
    reach into heaven - ball save
    teleport sound - subway scoop
    video games death - ball drain

#5 7 years ago

One more.. Where the aliens abduct Rick and Jerry, and he has to crash the system to pop out of the simulation. Maybe you can hit targets fast enough where the pinball cpu can't keep up, and everything starts firing randomly and then stops, and you have to go up a ramp to escape?

Also thingiverse has a bunch of models
    http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=rick+morty&sa=

#6 7 years ago

Great idea bringing this to pinside wolfmarsh! Already lots of good ideas coming in.

#7 7 years ago

Meeseeks multiball should just keep kicking out a ridiculous number of balls. Something like a 15 ball multiball. I know that's ridiculous, but would be amazing.

#8 7 years ago

You have to include scary terry

Maybe include him in a mode where you run away from him by either ramp or loop shots and a shot to the scoop causes you to dream hop ( by dream hopping causes the shot value to increase slightly for a short period of time ) or use him as a hurry up mode with a countdown

#9 7 years ago

Haha I don't know why my mind also immediately went to Mr Meeseeks but my first thought was a mode where you have to unleash as many as possible by hitting switches, which crowds the screen with a bunch of Mr Meeseekses, who get antsy and start trying to kill themselves. The mode ends when Jerry gets the ball in the cup.

The video mode could be Roy: A Life Well Lived, where you make small, simple decisions that either lead to more decisions or an outlandish death.

#10 7 years ago

I'd reach out to Roiland via social media once you've got a white wood and see if he'd do custom speech for ya. He seems like the kind of guy who might.

#11 7 years ago

Council of Ricks multiball?

#12 7 years ago

showme (resized).pngshowme (resized).png

#13 7 years ago

Best pinball theme ever!!! Wizard mode where you have to get schwifty? Have a mode where you have to save Krombopulos Michael would be sweet. I love some of the ideas so far!!!

#14 7 years ago

This is awesome!

Aaron
    FAST Pinball

#15 7 years ago

Maybe the Mr Meeseeks component/addition would be an add-a-ball to any of the multiball modes.
    You make the add-a-ball shot, and he yells: "I'm Mr Meeseeks!"

#16 7 years ago

It could also be a hurryup where he quickly degrades from helpful coaching to adamant yelling to suicidal screaming.

"We're not meant to live this long! JUST KILL ME!"

#17 7 years ago

Glad to hear you're getting your shit together on this.

#18 7 years ago

Cowboy_Rick (resized).PNGCowboy_Rick (resized).PNG

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Let's hear what you think would make a good addition to the game!

Remember when/parasite mode - shoot a specific shots in order to kill the parasite and unlock the house from lockdown mode.

"remember when Wolfmarsh made that rick & morty pinball machine with Frankenstein butler & Velociraptor?"

#20 7 years ago

Does this mean my Spaceballs will be delayed?

#21 7 years ago

Omg, this is a fantastic idea! TINY RIIIIIIIIICK!!! Hahaha!

I'll be following your progress, and I'll certainly throw in any ideas i come up with as far as modes/features. Best of luck!

Also, remember the episode where they went to the arcade? There's a scene where you see a Meseeks in the background helping someone get good at pinball!

#22 7 years ago

Can't wait to see how this comes along! This show has so many potential call outs.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Does this mean my Spaceballs will be delayed?

Not really. I'm in a holding pattern with Spaceballs until after November, so we've been kicking around some ideas for Rick & Morty. I've got some upgrades to do to the CNC router, so the whole machine has to come down so I can work on the table that it sits on. It's delaying the next step in Spaceballs, which is to cut v4 of the playfield.

Fleshing out a lot of the design of modes and things on the R&M playfield first makes designing it a lot easier. Trying to learn from my mistakes on Spaceballs.

Love the ideas, keep them coming!

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

One more.. Where the aliens abduct Rick and Jerry, and he has to crash the system to pop out of the simulation. Maybe you can hit targets fast enough where the pinball cpu can't keep up, and everything starts firing randomly and then stops, and you have to go up a ramp to escape?
    » YouTube video
    Also thingiverse has a bunch of models
    http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=rick+morty&sa=

THIIISSSSS. Ive fantasized about this mode for a rick and morty pinball before. I think it would be neat to slow the progression of the crowd down that then opens up jackpot shots.

Really drooling over this idea. The fact that no one has snatched up this license is beyond conprehension. So hot right now and next season is highly anticipated.

Actually, with how things have gone, I bet ince youre half way through doing this some one will announce the licensed pin, lol.

#25 7 years ago

#GetSchwifty

#26 7 years ago

I've never seen the show, but I love me some homebrew pinball thread pr0n.

#27 7 years ago

do 5 machines, I want one too make sure and include a plumbus

#28 7 years ago

Please do.

#29 7 years ago

not familiar with the show, but looks like the art and ideas could make it a real cool pin.

great to see lots of passion from everyone for a theme

#30 7 years ago

This is a license that should be picked up: Spooky?

#31 7 years ago

Love the idea, but make sure the table stays out of my Personal Space.

#32 7 years ago

This show has everything that would make a great theme - art, callouts, humor, and gimmicks!

Would really like to see a commercial pin with the theme.

you_gotta_get_schwifty__by_zombiegirl01-d9dfzme (resized).pngyou_gotta_get_schwifty__by_zombiegirl01-d9dfzme (resized).png

#33 7 years ago

Never heard of this show, but almost spit my salad during this!!

#34 7 years ago

So excited to see this unfold. Rick and Morty is BRILLIANT and there are almost too any things going on in this show to cram into one machine.

First things that came to mind for me was a meeseeks multiball. Maybe the meeseeks box as a toy on the playfied that starts it. However it gets going it has to be as many balls and as obnoxious as possible.

Also a Unity mode. Maybe something where she will spread by lighting other targets (with a vomiting in a persons mouth animation) and you need to eliminate them all before Rick falls for her.

Something with Mr. Poopybutthole, somethig with Abradolf Lincler. I would like to see elements from every family member too. Jerry is obvious, but maybe a summer mode with her doofus boyfriend.

I love anatomy park. Hell that could be a pinball machine in itself. Maybe some elements of that in a mode.

Finally, my personal favorite, BIRD PERSON.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

» YouTube video

This is actually a reading of a real court transcript by Justin Roiland (who does those 2 characters) -- the show is still awesome, but that thing isn't really related.

#36 7 years ago

Y-you think you can just walk in here and make a...uhhh....R-rick and Morty Pin, huh? Wh-who do you think you are? Some kind of God? Like you can just create something out of thin air? Is...is that what you think here, Wolf? Well why don't you just go ahead and make one for me too if you're so smart! Do it! I dare you, Wolf. I think you're too afraid of what you might see if y-you actually do it. You might see your grandson be happy for once! But you wouldn't care about that would you, Wolf? You know what, Wolf? You're a real piece of shit you know that? Yeah, I said it, what are you going to do about it?

For real though, make me one and I'll give you big cash money. Come on. Do it.

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Meeseeks multiball should just keep kicking out a ridiculous number of balls. Something like a 15 ball multiball. I know that's ridiculous, but would be amazing.

"What about me?!? He roped me into this!"
    "Well he roped me into this!"
    "Well that one over there, he roped me into this!"

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from johnnyutah:

This is a license that should be picked up: Spooky?

He said full featured game full of tech, not a full size zizzle.

Commence the thumbsdowns, but its true.

#39 7 years ago

Off the top of my head>
    - A Tilt Plumbus?
    - Mr. Meeseeks mystery box target with "Oooh Yeah! Can Do!" call out with various awards. Mr. Meeseeks call out "I'm Mr. Meeseeks! Look at me!" when ready to hit.
    - Purge Multiball
    - A timed mode to create "Dark Matter" by hitting certain target and explosion video if not done in time.
    - Timed Council of Ricks wizard mode where they chase Rick around the playfield (shoot lit targets and ramp) to charge portal gun to jump and get away and be "The Rickest Rick".
    - Any timed mode is extended when you hit Slow Mobius (Rick call out - "Slow Mobius Hit me with the clock beam" when ready to hit) to slow down the timer (add time) and call out by Rick "Knock it off Slow Mobius" once time is back to normal.
    Score match with "Show me which you Got" call out.

#40 7 years ago

Game start should be "show me what you got, i wanna see what you got"

#41 7 years ago

Tilt plumbus = genius... I watched the show "how it's made", it's quite labor intensive to make those

#42 7 years ago

Great theme and have watched most of the episodes. This will be a fun themed pin.

#43 7 years ago

I love the ideas!!!!

Thanks for all the enthusiasm. We hope to put together a really cool game. Even if someone else did one or a big company did, ours is from a different dimension.

Keep the ideas coming, I'm extracting them all out into a document that I'll paste back once it's more cohesive.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

» YouTube video

You know what's crazy!?! A FAN made that!!!!!!

#45 7 years ago

Flu Hatin' Rapper mode where you have to infect everyone (hit targets). Plays I love Morty song when you win.

Lil' Bits mode where the game moves to a mini playfield

obviously anything from the interdimentional cable episodes is gold
    How did I get here, where a ball trough sends the ball through a subway diverted non-normal route of return

Eyeholes for gobble holes

Jan Quadrant Vincent 16 where you have to get to all the areas of the game and hit a specfic target in a period of time

this show was made to become a pin

#46 7 years ago

Your Mystery award HAS to be called Uncertainty award.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I love the ideas!!!!
    Thanks for all the enthusiasm. We hope to put together a really cool game. Even if someone else did one or a big company did, ours is from a different dimension.
    Keep the ideas coming, I'm extracting them all out into a document that I'll paste back once it's more cohesive.

Cool. Just don't Cronenberg it. Although that might be a good mode.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Uncertainty award

depending on how big the screen implemented, it would be cool if the screen split into 2 separate screens. Then if it tells you to shoot a shot, but you shoot something else first, that makes you an uncertain player, and it splits again.. and so on until the text is so small you can't read it anymore (but animations continue to run). It doesn't go back to normal until you put on the necklace (orbit shot lights up green).

#49 7 years ago

There has to be an "adventures of stealy" mode, where all the targets you've managed to hit, he steals those targets away and the insert in front of it goes dim.

Let's go over what we stole from the playfield. We got 3 targets, that's worth... 8 grapples!

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

do 5 machines, I want one too make sure and include a plumbus
    » YouTube video

Wtf did I just watch?!?

There are 521 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-morty-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.