(Topic ID: 173382)

Rick and PPS Making Fraudulent Claims - FYI

By RetroRefurbs

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Big VOid (resized).png
    onepost1 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    Rick Rolled (resized).jpg
    Rick (resized).jpg
    10177928-blue-footed-booby (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).png
    travvy (resized).JPG
    red footed booby (resized).jpg
    ted cohiba HT adj (resized).jpg
    joker work (resized).jpg
    labnip-1 (resized).jpg
    ufo_schenker (resized).jpg
    IMG_0103 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0483 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0484 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 7 years ago

Try contacting Rick and see what he says. He gives out his phone number on the forum all the time and says for people to call him. I'm not saying you'll like the answer, but I think you will be able to get in contact with him and find out what is going on.

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from Yoski:

Williams/Bally went out of business about 20 years ago.

They didn't go out of business. They stopped producing pinball machines but are still in business. They still own the rights to their intellectual property. Rick is the person that paid for the ability to enforce and collect royalties for those rights, and give them their cut. That's not a troll, that's business. I understand that Rick may not be Mr. Popularity due to his persona on the forums, but he isn't trolling in the way you are describing things.

#380 7 years ago

What is aggravating is that copyright was specifically intended to grant rights for a limited amount of time so that works would eventually enter the public domain. As things are now, and as things will probably continue as Mickey Mouse comes closer to entering the public domain, we'll never see current works enter the public domain. Never. Copyright holders will bribe congress to change the laws so that their works never see public domain.

Imagine a world where the Bible was still copyrighted. Beethoven, copyrighted. Shakespeare, copyrighted. Mona Lisa, copyrighted. The Last Supper, copyrighted. That's the direction we're headed since the latter part of the 20th century.

#412 7 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

It seems most who oppose copyrights are people who don't have any. I'm sorry but authors should be able to profit from their work. If you think they make to much money - I recommend becoming one. - just like when people complain about doctors or lawyers bills - if a person thinks they make too much why didn't they go to med or law school?

I have no problem with copyright itself. I think people should be paid for their work and be able to protect it and profit from it. I have a problem with the ridiculous status of our current copyright law and how it has been extended to protect Mickey Mouse. Yes, you should be able to profit from your work. But your grandchildren and maybe even great grandchildren? I don't think that was the original intent of copyright.

I also have a problem with how our government uses its power to bully other countries with more reasonable copyright laws into changing theirs to become as ridiculous as ours.

As you mentioned, even if Mickey Mouse entered the public domain, there would still be restrictions on his use due to him being trademarked. That's fine and totally understandable.

I hope you are right and when we get closer to 2023 we won't see things further pushed back into perpetuity.

1 week later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-pps-making-fraudulent-claims-fyi?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.